Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-17-2014, 02:59 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKLS View Post
Thanks, I can't say I have the best self-esteem right now. And I'm sorry due to my experiences I no longer go by this hyper-political correct idea that "fat is beautiful", "no-more-fat-shaming", or you can still be fat, fit, and confidence because I've seen it in myself and others that fat people do tend to have the worst cases of self-esteem ever. And yeah you can claim it's our society but sometimes to keep societal pressures from getting you down is to try to assimilate to them and then act like you don't care.
I would not say that fat people have te lowest self esteem. All people are susceptible to low self esteem and there are many reasons for it, many of ten physical but not all. If you're really perceptible you would see that. Instead you are focusing on fat as bad. You can love yourself for how you are now or you can wait until you've reached a magical number on the scale. That's your prerogative but it's also your loss. http://www.upworthy.com/you-might-kn...why?c=hpstream

Weight gain, poor self image, low self esteem, distorted perception of beauty, these are all symptoms if an eating disorder. You can try to focus is the weight loss but that doesn't ultimately tend to the root of the issues, which will arise again. A cancer patient would not waste their time trying to focus on regrowing their hair, no. They would focus on fighting their disease and once they do the hair grows back on its own.

Last edited by Palestrina; 07-17-2014 at 03:03 AM.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:07 AM   #17  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

I agree with Wannabe -- I know skinny people with terrible self-esteem. They are always competing with everyone around them, never confident, never believe that they are pretty enough or thin enough or smart enough. They are hyper judgmental of everyone and everything, including themselves. It's pretty awful.

The grass may seem greener on the lighter side of the scale, but it often isn't.

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 07-17-2014 at 08:07 AM.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:15 AM   #18  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurisitaru View Post
Good Reason: You're tired or kids running away when you sit down in fear of being sat on.
Bad Reason: You've sat on a kid.

Good Reason: You want to be healthy and energetic and play with your kids!
Bad Reason: Your kids are so damn energetic you can't chase them down as they dart across the street and to the park ignoring your cries of "GET OVER HERE NOW!"

Good Reason: Your husband and you want to be healthy for the future.
Bad Reason: Your husband wants YOU to be a trophy, he isn't fit and thin, and gives little to no effort in helping. You make plans that as soon as you are a trophy, you will find a mister on the side that resembles Brad Pitt.

Good Reason: You want to fit into that darling summer dress!
Bad Reason: You squeezed into that darling summer dress only to hear it rip on your way into work. Everyone now knows you wear floral -totally-resembles-curtains- underwear (Hey! It was on SALE!)

Good Reason: To get a boyfriend.
Bad Reason: To steal someone else's boyfriend.
Quoting this because it shouldn't be missed! I love your humor and I think this thread needed it

---

Also, you can lose the weight but if you don't focus on changing your mental self along with your physical self, you will be just as unhappy once you reach your goal. Weight loss is so much more than numbers on the scale.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 03:18 PM   #19  
Positive Focus

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

To me, a bad reason is one that superficially loses weight but allows the eating disorder to continue. Ironically, that probably won't allow you to actually get to goal. I agree with wannabe - losing weight doesn't solve an eating disorder.

Have all of us wanted to lose weight for something that wasn't saintly, sure! We could have fun listing those things out. And at times they are motivating. But, I think they are just that, fun - or at least outside of an ED. To me, completely honestly, I think they perpetuate my disordered eating habits. So, they are "bad" reasons or "wrong" reasons because they aren't helping you recover from your ED.
BeachBreeze2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 07:29 PM   #20  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Height: 5'1"

Even though I started this journey with weight loss in mind, I actually have gained control over my excessive over-eating and the weightloss has been an added benefit.
So for me, the good reason to lose weight is to stop binge eating. A bad reason would be just to lose weight for a specific event with the reward of going back to my over eating binge after the event was over.
lucindaarrowspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 02:48 PM   #21  
Le Petit Papillon

S/C/G: 169/165/139

Height: 5'5"

The only bad reason I can think of is if you don't want to lose weight, but you are doing it because someone else is telling you to.
LePetitPapillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 06:55 PM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurisitaru View Post
Good Reason: You're tired or kids running away when you sit down in fear of being sat on.
Bad Reason: You've sat on a kid.

Good Reason: You want to be healthy and energetic and play with your kids!
Bad Reason: Your kids are so damn energetic you can't chase them down as they dart across the street and to the park ignoring your cries of "GET OVER HERE NOW!"

Good Reason: Your husband and you want to be healthy for the future.
Bad Reason: Your husband wants YOU to be a trophy, he isn't fit and thin, and gives little to no effort in helping. You make plans that as soon as you are a trophy, you will find a mister on the side that resembles Brad Pitt.

Good Reason: You want to fit into that darling summer dress!
Bad Reason: You squeezed into that darling summer dress only to hear it rip on your way into work. Everyone now knows you wear floral -totally-resembles-curtains- underwear (Hey! It was on SALE!)

Good Reason: To get a boyfriend.
Bad Reason: To steal someone else's boyfriend.
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote