Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 05-20-2014, 01:07 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 171/150/115

Height: 5'4

How's it going with the junk food? For one thing, keep the stuff out of sight, if nothing else! Sure, your sis doesn't have to keep it in her room, but at least keep it off the counters.

Although, you know this is YOUR battle. Recognize your problem, then label that as an obstacle which MUST overcome, the sooner the better. Make sure you realize it isn't about what happened yesterday, your current weight, or past failures. What matters is triumphing over all obstacles by discipline, planning, and commitment.
laciemn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 01:58 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 181/148.8/129

Height: 5'3"

After over a year of hard work and losing 40+ pounds, I binged my way from 131 to 144.2. I'm putting a stop to it now. It happens, it's hard to stay focused. I might ask my fiance to hide or stop buying junk food as I don't want that option.

Work is a little tougher as I work next to a cafe with coffee and cake and candy bars and chips... But I also work with several girls who are gorgeous. One is 5'5", 110, the other looks like the chick from Brave. I kid you not. Customers joke about it all the time. I try thinking of that more often. I never see the Brave girl eat...but I think her shifts are shorter than mine...whereas the other girl always brings in salads and carrots and wraps. So I'm trying to follow her lead more often because she's clearly healthy and I'm clearly not.

I also try to remind myself, "If you eat this, you will regret it. You won't right away but the pain it'll cause you in a few hours will be immense..."
Doomkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 11:22 AM   #18  
Getting It Back Together

S/C/G: 142/129/115

Height: 5'3

Thanks for the support everyone! The truth is, I haven't been doing so well this past week. It was so easy to develop the mentality of "Well, I've already fallen off the wagon, might as well keep eating to make myself feel better". I haven't been weighing myself (too depressed!), but I know I've been gaining enough these past few months that the new "thin clothes" I just bought myself after losing weight are already tight again.

lovedancelive, I definitely feel you. It's so hard to find the motivation to stay disciplined and keep going. So easy to slip back into old habits! You've inspired me to get back on that horse.
Lacey337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:56 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 85/85/55

Height: 170

This is so familiar to me!! after loosing few pounds i start to reward myself with tasty food as if i was a dog(( with little treats at first...but then it goes bigger and bigger..and after few weeks the weight comes to the start position again(( again i am starting a diet...again losing weight...again treating myself with chips..and again gain weight...it is terrible! Motivation is a great power! But also we need to learn not to kill ourselves after few pieces of forbidden food! We just need to learnt to stop!! ok i ate cake..i am satisfied...STOP NOW..and you will have no need to start diet from the very beginning.. Oh yes and the main thing NOT to buy all that junk food! if you do not have it at home you won't go to the shop for it during night right? so it means less temptation! Good luck for you! May the force be with you!;-)
Gingerjv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 06:27 PM   #20  
Purplelover19

S/C/G: 174/148/135

Height: 5"3in

I know all about emotional eating. even after losing some weight its something I struggle with. there is a certain quality in some foods whether it is salty, creamy, sweet, crunchy. and I know in difficult situations when you are feeling so low eating vegetables is the last thing on your mind. I know when my dad was diagnosed with cancer a couple months ago I would have these emotional eating episodes where I would eat anything I could get my hands on whether it was chocolate or chips or a pint of ice cream. I am starting to learn that food wont change the situation it wont make it go away or any better it is just a coping mechanism we use but Its not hopeless just keep the trigger foods out of the house and if you cant just walk away from them, tell yourself no. and if you do slip up don't beat yourself up then you will just be making yourself feel worse and you will eat more and it will be a vicious cycle that repeats itself. Hope you feel better!!

Last edited by Purple1993; 07-02-2014 at 06:28 PM.
Purple1993 is offline   Reply With Quote