I ate a bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit this morning...

• Because I was running late for work. Now I feel so sluggish and disgusting Lesson learned: there IS a huge difference between what you eat and even one seemingly innocent "bad" food can have significant effects. I'll stick to my usual parfait (3 PP They were just out this morning) if I need a quickie.
  • If you divide foods into categories like good and bad it can make you feel repulsive when you eat a bad food. I wouldn't recommend doing that. Bacon, egg, and cheese biscuits are delicious.
  • Quote: If you divide foods into categories like good and bad it can make you feel repulsive when you eat a bad food. I wouldn't recommend doing that. Bacon, egg, and cheese biscuits are delicious.
    Over processed? I just feel super sluggish, groggy, and like a need a nap (it's only noon here).
  • The egg was downright good for you as well!
  • You may want to try making your own breakfast sandwiches ahead of time so you can just grab and go.

I make sandwiches or breakfast burritos for my other half to grab at 6:30 when he's heading out the door.
  • If it makes you feel yucky physically, it is probably worth avoiding in the future.
  • Really that wasn't a terrible choice. Eggs are good for you. Biscuits are better than croissants. And bacon is better than sausage. See? Not so bad.
  • I agree with some of the others, its probably not the food that's making you feel sluggish and bad but either the way you think about it or something else that may be going on. Did you get enough sleep last night? If not, its probably that.

Are you hydrated enough? Anyway have a piece of fruit at the next opportunity and stop buying bacon and cheese biscuits.
  • I don't know... every time I have ever eaten a fast food bacon or sausage egg and cheese biscuit, I have not felt well afterwards, even when I wasn't trying to limit food intake. I don't think it has to do with my perception of the food as "bad", because the fat girl in me would hunker down and really savor it, enjoying every last morsel without guilt of any kind. However, about fifteen minutes after eating it, I would begin to feel exactly as you described, plus or minus some unpleasant GI effects (no details needed). I think it has more to do with the fact that the whole thing is an oily overprocessed mess, and the egg is likely the only redeeming quality, although even that is probably screwed with in some way. Best to stay away from food that makes you feel terrible, just in case it's not a psychologically induced phenomenon, and your body is trying to tell you something.
  • Yeah, in general, bacon, eggs and cheese can be good quality foods. But when they are over-processed and contain preservatives and chemicals, it can make you feel like crap. stunningsparkle, I get it.
  • Brandis, i didn't realise we were talking about fast food.

And if that's the case we can be sure that the egg is not so great either because it probably came from a cage egg where the poor bird has suffered extraordinarily all its life and its being fed crap.

I wonder what's in the WW parfait? Is cream and sugar? Usually here a parfait is a pudding thing. If i was on WW i would avoid all their packaged meals as they can't be that healthy either compared to whole foods. and my experience of a WW low fat pudding was UNSATISFACTORY. I mean it was just never going to satisfy me. These programs want you to fail basically because, they want to keep your business. You have to be smarter than their products. Do the points but eat your own food and make it better quality than what they are offering.
  • Yes, doesn't sound like its emotional guilt, just indigestion. I've had that - accidentally ate some greasy shrimp where I guess the chef left a pool of oil in the shrimp head - equivalent to drinking straight oil. As a kid, my mother would make me egg sandwiches and I always barfed cause the fluffy sensation made me nauseous. Perhaps if you like the taste, just buy it from a deli or cafe that makes it fresh - its pretty easy to make at home but eh always nice to grab n go too!
  • I get that feeling if I have a breakfast sandwich from a fast food place. It's highly processed and makes my tummy hurt. On the other hand this morning I made a breakfast sandwich for myself - 1 organic egg scrambled in real homemade herb butter, Black Forest ham, a few grates of cheddar cheese on a toasted English muffin (Vermont bread company!) and I felt awesome till lunch.

McDonald's eggs scare me.

Buy don't let your guilt interfere with how this food made you physically feel. Focus on whether or not you enjoyed it, and how it affected your body. Don't let guilt play a role because that's useless and can lead to other self negative thoughts.
  • StunningSparkle, I think you may be carb sensitive and that's why the fast food breakfast sandwich made you feel so terrible. Or, it could have been the high fat content.

I think this was an learning experience for you. We are all different, and each of us need to know how different foods affect us.
  • Quote: Because I was running late for work. Now I feel so sluggish and disgusting Lesson learned: there IS a huge difference between what you eat and even one seemingly innocent "bad" food can have significant effects. I'll stick to my usual parfait (3 PP They were just out this morning) if I need a quickie.
    I'll eat one every now and then. I have learned that as long as I stay within my goal weight calories consumed I still lose weight.

The elimination of certain foods, is exactly what causes the never ending circus of yo yo dieting. I just eat a lot less of it now.

It's not rocket science, it's calories consumed be it carrots or cookies, versus calories burned in a day. Albeit the carrots are the healthier choice.