Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-14-2014, 09:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 404/306/170ish

Height: 5'7"

Default Reading Material

I know there is a sticky thread for reading materials but see the last post was about a year ago. Just curious if anyone has any other suggestions. Thanks
projectjudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:06 AM   #2  
maintaining since 9/2013

I never used to read books about health and dieting, but tried some that were recommended on 3FC. They have helped me a lot! Here are some favorites, not necessarily in ranked order:
Brain over Binge, by Kathryn Hansen; The End of Overeating by David Kessler; the Beck Diet Solution; Secrets of a Former Fat Girl by Lisa Delaney.
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:16 AM   #3  
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

Depending on what you need to read up on most or first, there are lots of places you could start.

Without knowing your situation we're just throwing out ideas. but recently i posted a thread i think it was on general chatter called reading and nutrition on which i invited everyone to share the books they've been reading. It got a fairly good response. If you search those words you might finding though its not actually the title.

Also i posted another thread in the general chatter today recommending a book that i think would help all of us even if we choose not to follow it to the letter. I just think some of the ideas in it are possibly essential background understanding about the weightloss process and how we can learn to keep the blessed fat off forever!

But anyway if i were you, and didn't know where to start and didn't have anything particularly in mind, i'd suggest read up on nutrition in general to learn how where to get our nutrients, what and how much is needed, how fat is accumulated and burnt off. The part that hormones play in all of this. How mood and stress and other health issues can affect your weightless efforts.

And then there's all the stuff about what sort of diet to follow. As far as i'm concerned, that is less important than all the above topics. I think work out a diet that suits your own food preferences. Pick up strategy and tips from all of them.

Given you're already halfway to your goal, you have probably learnt quite a lot along the way. And i know someone who you might be able to help as well. So please feel free to come and join us and share your story on the fibre counting thread if you can find it. I don't know which forum its actually in.

Last edited by Pattience; 04-15-2014 at 09:16 AM.
Pattience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:20 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 404/306/170ish

Height: 5'7"

thanks for the tips
projectjudi is offline   Reply With Quote