Newly discovered binge eating

• Hi, everyone!

As ridiculous as it may seem, I've just realized within the past few months that I'm a binge eater, even though I've been practicing the behavior since I was a young girl. Many stressful events together forced me to become conscious of my problem. I started searching for support and almost immediately found this site and support forum. The stressful factors are not really abating at this time, so I will need to remain focused in order to not binge. Reading the post of how we cannot have certain foods in our homes really was helpful to me; I never thought of that. (duh!)

I will not be able to have ice cream or any sort of chips in the house right now. Furthermore, there is no reason for me to eat another Reese's peanut butter cup again...as long as I live!

Blessings
  • Welcome Jubilee, you've come to the right place for support, as we all understand what you are talking about!
  • Thanks, Mrs. Snark. Your blog is very inspiring!
  • Jubilee, I highly recommend that you read Kathryn Hansen's Brain Over Binge. If you poke around the Chicks in Control section, you'll find a whole thread devoted to this book. You won't have to look much further to find postings by me about my highly successful experience so far with Hansen's anti-binge technique. Good luck!!
  • Welcome, Jubilee. Keeping trigger foods out of the house helps me, personally. For me, it is stress in the workplace that triggers binges. I just learned about the book Brain over Binge on Sunday and immediately bought a copy on my Nook reader. I'm only up to Chapter 8 but the author does a great job capturing the experience of the secret binge. Like her, I have made all the stops at gas stations and fast food places to load up on junk food for a binge. Eating in my car makes it easier to eat in secret and hide the evidence by dumping the wrappers in a random dumpster or service station trash can. I'm anxious to get further into the book and see what the author suggests for a solution.