Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 10-22-2013, 11:19 AM   #196  
One Meal At A Time

S/C/G: 141/see ticker/no more meds

Height: 5'2"

Thank you for answering my question. I think until I get a better grip on this eating thing, trying to incorporate any type of plan might be too much.

You know though, for me, it's so hard to say if I really feel this way or if I am making another excuse for myself.
momwithdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:54 PM   #197  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Mom, none of this is a "must do." Just do the best you can. Like MrsSnark, says, "Try to give up junk food." Or if that's too much, just do better than before. We're not perfect. We don't have all the answers. We're just trying our best. We like you here, so stick with us.

LiveAgain, I like your plan for today! Can you tell I like smilies, too?

7lbs, I'm so glad you're back! I missed you! You and your smilies bring us so much joy! Thank you! Your day with you DH sounded wonderful! So sorry about your knee.

Megan, good luck today with Day 1! I'm rooting for you!! Here's a hug for you today. I'm not a boyfriend, like your housemates have, but any hug is a good thing.

MrsSnark, thank you for your advice of giving up junk food. That's the most important piece of advice. I'm so glad you're back from vacation, too!

Today I'm going out to lunch with a friend. I'm probably going to have a salad. I'm going to check out the menu right after I get off this thread.

Here's wishing everyone a great day!

Last edited by tyla; 10-22-2013 at 12:55 PM.
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:49 PM   #198  
Battling Binge Eating

S/C/G: 228/179/150

Height: 5'5 1/2

Quote:
says, "Try to give up junk food."
I am doing just that. I have found it easier to look at it that way. I have started day 8 clean eating and no binging. Which, is a first for me.
mainecyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:55 PM   #199  

Oh my goodness....I popped on here to check in with all of you & now I have a big smile across my face to get me through the afternoon of laundry and housework. I generally only work 2 shifts a week (nights). However, I'm working someone's vacation....so I will work this coming Wed-Sun night. I now have a plan to get everything bought and prepared tomorrow and bring healthy snacks with me every night. Have a great afternoon/evening!!!
LiveAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 03:09 PM   #200  

Woo Hoo for LiveAgain!!

cyn, great attitude!

Last edited by tyla; 10-22-2013 at 03:10 PM.
Old 10-22-2013, 04:00 PM   #201  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

thesame7lbs - dealing with injuries, gah, it's the worst isn't it? I hate a disruption in the workout routine. Running is one of my favorite stress reducers, particularly since stress eating is no longer an option. Good job staying out of the pantry! Hopefully you'll heal fast with a bit of rest! And thanks for the compliment on my rambling blog, much appreciated!

I've enjoyed getting back to my normal routine now that I'm home, though there has been some amount of struggle since there are no more "vacation indulgences" to be had. Funny how quickly we get used to those. I'm glad I kept a fairly tight ship while away, to minimize the pain of getting back to normal!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:58 PM   #202  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

I hope you don't mind my joining your group. I struggle with overeating, a lot, and am trying to break free from it. I generally do well during the day, but once I get home from work, while it's not quite an evening of mindless eating, I'll have far too much dinner, and then continue snacking until I'm too full. And that's when I'll go to bed, because for some reason I really like to numb out by the time I go to bed.

Before I go into any details of my day, are there any rules about posting in this group that I need to know about?
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:46 PM   #203  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Welcome, Georgia! No rules that I'm aware of, feel free to share!

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 10-22-2013 at 05:47 PM.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:34 PM   #204  

Welcome, Georgia! Glad you could join us!
Old 10-22-2013, 07:35 PM   #205  
Renaissance Woman

Thank you, Ms. Snark. (I'm multi-tasking at the moment, enjoying your blog. Excellent progress!) Well then, it begins...

I'm trying to workout this overeating thing. I'm ready to release it into the wild. I don't think I need it any longer. I. Just. Can't. STOP! Why? Because I have nothing else with which to replace it.

I learned recently that I use overeating to numb out, to slow myself down, to dull my thinking and help me go to sleep every night. I check out of obsessive thinking, last minute things I didn't get done at work, will my sons grow up to be good men, and when will the 21-year-old move out, all the reasons why I still hate the XH 3.5 years after the divorce, how I'm lonely but don't want to risk getting into a relationship now because life is just about where I want it to be, and how is my mother going to mess with my life tomorrow.

I am really happy, during the day. I love my life, during the day. I am busy with things I enjoy doing, I have a great job, I finally workout every day and I love it, I have wonderful friends with whom I am involved just enough...I could go on and on about how great my life is and how happy I am, during the day.

But at night, old worrisome habits and poor sleep really mess with my head. And so, I overeat. Overeating is comforting. It is sanctuary. A sanctuary where I can be my total self and there is no room for anyone else to push back and take up space. I sleep in a queen-sized bed, because there's only room for the Queen!

Today I've been fasting. I like to fast, because then I can get away from the food. But tonight, the fast come to an end. I don't know what I'm going to eat. I've been known to eat ALL my BMR (1890 calories) after a 24-hour fast. I don't want to do that! I want to just have no more than 900 calories, and then go to bed. So I'm going to try to do that.

Last edited by geoblewis; 10-22-2013 at 07:38 PM.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:41 AM   #206  
One Meal At A Time

Welcome Georgia!
Old 10-23-2013, 09:44 AM   #207  
One Meal At A Time

I hope everyone has a Happy Hump Day!

Finally had a BFD (binge free day.) I love abbreviations the way some of us love
smilies.

For now, I guess my plan is more BFDs along with IE. I know I don't have to label it, but I'm weird like that, lol.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:20 AM   #208  
Renaissance Woman

I managed to keep my fast-breaking dinner to under 1400 calories, but I'm still disappointed with myself. I had made myself a large salad with tuna for dinner, but my sons had ordered pizza. And I ate three slices.

Could have been worse!

So today I back to focusing on not overeating. I usually do well at breakfast, staying under 500 calories. Lunch and dinner will be the challenges.

Wishing everyone good focus for your day. One day at a time!
Old 10-23-2013, 01:46 PM   #209  

S/C/G: 230/192/120

Height: 5'2

After a few not-so-good days, I think I've got the overeating under control again. I've started making a salad when I'm hungry (just tomato, cucumber, onion, lemon and chillies), so I fill myself up with that. I'm still stuck around 210 lbs, but hopefully the scale will move in a bit. My TOM will be starting soon, so fingers crossed for a decent loss in the next week or so. On the downside, I'm super moody and irritable these days.
ILoveVegetables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:40 PM   #210  

Good Morning, Everyone!
Well, it's only 8 more days until the end of the month, and I must say I've been very proud of everyone, including myself. But now, as the month comes to an end, I think it may be time for a new leader.

MrsSnark, how about you taking over in November? People seem to relate to your story, and I would hate to see this little group disband. We have such a great group now. And I think it's good if we all took turns, giving our group a new perspective.

I'm proud to say this is day 53 for me with no binges! Today was especially hard for some reason, but I'm posting here instead of eating.

I hope everyone has a great, binge-free day! It's one hour, one day at a time.