Binge Free and Overeating Free in October.

You're on Page 13 of 18
Go to
  • @LiveAgain. Yeah, the night is a difficult time when it comes to bingeing. I still have such huge problems not eating at night (my sleep cycle is really bad, I stay awake almost the whole night and sleep right til the afternoon at times). One step at a time, though

Good day today. I woke up late (around 2 pm), didn't have anything to eat, and went out for dinner with friends at around 7. I didn't overeat as I normally would have, though. Stuck to a plate of prawns (god, I love seafood) and shared a small mushroom starter with my friend (let her have most of it while I chewed on the cabbage on the side) and didn't have a drink.

I'm probably not going to sleep until really late tonight as well, but I have almonds and some tomatoes that I'll eat, so I'm happy with today in general. Also gone below 210 lbs today so yay, hopefully that first 10 lbs is permanently gone
  • Sounds like everyone is right on target this weekend! Love to hear it!

Right now my only goal is not to binge/overeat- I really don't want to get into calorie counting, as that seems to be what throws me over the edge.

LiveAgain-A very good friend of mine is a nurse and she works 7p-7a on the weekends. She too has struggled with weight most of her life and she says the only way to make it through the shifts is to pack her food bag and be prepared for anything.

Tyla-
  • Well it hasn't been the worst weekend food wise ,but I have struggled. I didn't eat nearly as much as I usually can, but I didn't really eat any meals I have just sort of grazed on snacks over the weekend. It's been a stressful weekend ,and I have been trying so hard to avoid a binge. I think that is why I have been avoiding eating meals. I want to be as disciplined during weekend as I am during the week, it just feels so much better to follow a strict food plan at this point in my journey. I am feeling a little discourage because since it has been a stressful time it has been very difficult for me to stay with my calories range. I'm just going to keep trying today and try to get through the day staying within my calorie range or as close as possible. I guess my best just needs to be good enough because if not negativite feelings will definitely lead to sabotaging all of my efforts.
  • Mak, stay strong. I wanted so much for you to see Day 30. Please keep going. You can do it!

Momwithdogs, Thanks. Here's wishing you meet your goal today of not to binge or overeat.
  • Mak -- your best *IS* good enough. Hang in there, some days are just harder than others. I always tell myself that tomorrow will be SO MUCH easier, and I'm usually right!

You can do it.

Hugs to all!
  • Sorry my last post was a bit unintelligible. My proof reading was interrupted by my beautiful but noisy child. :-)

I have dealt with a lot of mental struggle and temptation this weekend. I am proud to say though that I resisted pizza, fried foods and a bunch of other foods that are super hard for me to say no to and that I usually binge on! And I don't think that I could have done it without the support of this community. Thank you Mrs. Snarks for your words of encouragement! They were the words in my mind as I was preparing my on plan dinner and dealing with the temptation to eat the meal I prepared for my family.

So I made it through day 17&18 despite the challenges. And I am believing that tomorrow will be easier. I hope everyone had a great weekend and stays strong this week!
  • Do you mind if I ask, do most of you follow some sort of weight management plan, as well as working to live binge free?

What's key to your success?
  • For the first time in months, I made it thru a weekend without binge eating. I also didn't over eat, or anything "bad" for me in general, flour, sugar, processed food etc. I made it thru 7 full days.
  • mainecyn, I knew you could do it! As I said, take one hour at a time, one day at a time. That's how I started, and it worked for me! I'm so happy to see you here. We missed you!

Mom, we all have different plans. Some count calories with a 1200-1600 range, some go to Weight Watchers, some just stop eating when full, some go on very strict, same meals everyday plan and others do different plans. Do whatever you like. Find a plan that works for you. But whatever it is, do your best to not overeat or binge. Like I said before, overeating is merely a bad habit. It was taught to us. We learned it calms us down for a minute. Then later we feel bad physically and mentally about doing it.

Some people do drugs, some people smoke, some gamble when stressed. We eat. Some people do all of the above. These are all bad habits that can be broken. It takes 30 days to make a habit stick, then things get a lot easier. But we must be ever vigilant. And it all depends how bad you want it! If you're not that committed to not overeat, you'll continue to overeat. It's all up to you. But I'm rooting for you!

I had an early meeting today. Am quite busy. Hope everyone does well today. It's day 51 for me. Counting helps me stay focused. (I see it works for AA, so it should work for me.)
  • Quote: Do you mind if I ask, do most of you follow some sort of weight management plan, as well as working to live binge free?

What's key to your success?
    I dropped pretty much all junk food. While we all know that total calories is what "counts" for weight loss (people love to point out that your body can lose weight on 1500 calories of Twinkies if you so choose), 1500 calories of whole(ish) foods makes me act very differently than 1500 calories of potato chips and bagels. I think that has been pretty key for me to both lose weight and get a better handle on binging. I stopped trying to eat my trigger foods like a "normal" person, and just admitted to myself that I can't eat that stuff AND be fit and stop binging. That's just me.
  • The past two days were good, but today was awful.
    Doesn't help that both of my housemates are in their rooms sleeping with really nice people, and I'm all alone, with banana bread, peanut butter, and pasta.
    Tomorrow will be another Day 1 though.
    I really hope this week goes well for all of us
  • Hi everyone!

I feel like I've been MIA the past week or so. Super busy with kids' school/family stuff. Today my DH took an unexpected (and most unusual) personal day from work, and we took the dog to the beach and then to a cafe w/dog-friendly patio for lunch. A very nice surprise to spend a relaxed day with just him (and the dog).

Since I got back from NOLA last week I've been eating "like a normal person" -- neither restricting nor overeating. Just... eating. It's so strange. I've been a little stressed because I hurt my knee and I've only run twice (totaling less than 9 miles) in the past 10 days. Normally I'd have put in about 35 miles in that time. Yesterday I came close to drowning my sorrows in the pantry, but I was able to put the food down and walk away before I started. Super proud of myself for that!

Megan, I'm sorry today was bad, but you had two good days before that. Next time you will string together three good days, four good days, and more, and more! Build on the success of those two days. You know you can do it. Loneliness is a big trigger for me, too.

Mrs. Snark, welcome back and way-to-go on your vacation! (Forgive me if I said that already in a previous post). I really enjoy your blog -- you're both funny and a good writer -- wonderful combination!

Tyla, 51 days -- woohoooO! You have persevered through stress and bad news and all the other ups and downs of daily living. Give yourself a pat on the back!

Mainecyn, so good to see you back and way to go on the 7 days!

Momwithdogs, in response to your question, when I'm trying to lose I count calories, usually between 1600 and 2000.

Mak78, I love reading about your continued success!

Vegetables, congrats on the 10 lbs lost -- don't milestones feel awesome?

Liveagain, I've read that working night shifts is incredibly challenging for maintaining a healthy weight. Preparation is certainly key to success with healthy eating -- it is much harder to stay on plan when we're caught empty-handed. Easier said than done, I know. I'm sorry you had a bad night at work -- crossing my fingers that tonight is better!

Sorry for all the smilies today -- I'm tired and sometimes they seem easier than trying to put everything into words. And I just love this one in particular!
  • Thank you....quick post here before dropping little one off for PS and errands for me.

Hope everyone has a wonderful, on plan day today!!!! My plan for today is to not binge or overeat! No counting carbs or calories....I just want to eat only what I would not be ashamed of eating if anyone watched me all day.

And I personally love the smilies!!!
  • Quote: And I personally love the smilies!!!
    LiveAgain, this one's just for you!

(that's a little dude running errands, just like you!)

• LA...here are my two favorite smilies, just for you!