Feel like I've been fighting this binge eating for so long!

• Just can't seem to get it right.....binged again today after a good week makes me feel so hopeless! Will I ever be free of this madness?? It's ruining my life!
  • I have struggled with binge eating for many years, so I feel your pain and send you hugs. For me, the only thing that has worked is to have a set amount of calories I can use to go over. When the urge to binge hits, I just tap into those. I don't know how long that will help but it has been helping me for 3 months now (I still had some times when I overate, but no full on mad rush binges). Please don't give up....keep trying different things....try to figure out a way to get rid of or limit the triggers.
  • I hear ya! I use to do that and binge on what ever until I actually ate something that I was satisfied with. Now I do mind over matter. I ask myself what would I really like to have, what was satisfying for ma last time? What is not gonna leave me with feelings of guilt because once I eat it its gone. I wait 5 minutes and it will gradually pass because what ever i would have eaten in 5 minutes it would be gone. this is my way of thinking. sounds crazy but works for me. Good Luck and hang in there you will find what works for you.
  • I am a great binger, do not understand why I do it. My very first day I ate terrific all day . That night I ate 3 packets of veggie chips and two drumsticks and went to bed angry with myself????

I doing calories, now Im thinking before having something because I don't want to use up all my calories. I now have something concrete to follow and am trying to choose more for my calories. But I'm having to read all my labels the work out the calories, which is simple

Scood