A little bounce in my step.

• Firstly, I would like to say that I am officially 10 days binge/purge free. Doesn't seem like a lot, but it certainly feels it!

I've been very strict about eating between 1200-1400 calories a day, up from about 800, and it's felt like a ton of food, and now I'm always hungry. For a while, I felt bloated and gross. I've been exercising when I have time, for about an hour a day in different ways. Yesterday, I did workout videos on youtube, the day before I went on a long bikeride with my man, today I'm walking to school (1.5hrs away).

This morning, I decided to treat myself and look at the scale. 155.3 lbs. I was mortified. I'd been so good for so long, and I hadn't lost any weight, and I'd still seemed to gain it! My stomach felt upset, I felt like crying. I felt like restricting and binging again.

That's when my boyfriend walked in and slapped me on the behind and said "You're looking good lately. have you been losing weight?"

I figured he was just fooling with me, seeing me on the scale, but then I tried shorts on today that I bought when I was a little heavier (and barely fit) and they're super loose on me today!

I feel like dancing a little bit.

How's everyone else fairing? any bum-smacks recently?
  • Congrats on 10 days! That's my mini goal as well, for maybe 2 months now I've been planning to have a cheat meal after 9 or 10 good days but I haven't made it that far even once.

If you're doing any sort of weight lifting or exercise that promotes muscle growth and you're counting calories don't even check the scale, the number is completely irrelevant, it's all about how you look and how toned you feel, of course compliments from others are nice too
  • Congratulations on making it 10 days!

Dieting is so up and down, it makes it hard. There are those days where you are retaining water or whatever and the scale goes up and nothing fits...and you feel like saying screw it I'll have a brownie...and then there's those days where you catch yourself in the mirror and think, when did my legs start looking like THAT?! We have to just hang on for the ride!

My diet is going irritatingly slow. I'm trying to do it in a healthy way this time, which means eating 1400-1500 calories instead of my usual 1100-1200 on a diet, and I've lost like two pounds all week, if that. But on the plus side, I don't feel nearly as anxious as I usually do when dieting