I cant stop!

• I've been binge eating since I was young. Food is all the time on my mind. I can't stop thinking about it no matter what.... What is wrong with me? No one else I know is like this.. Its not even about me being hungry... Ive just been bingeing for so long I can't stop! I need help!
  • My advice: Go get professional help. They can help you deal with the reasons why your are binging--and yes there are reasons. Get the help you need.
  • There's a book called 'Fat Is a Feminist Issue' that I've found really interesting and helpful. Obviously it isn't in and of itself a solution, but it's something.
  • There are underlying causes to why you binge eat, as there are with everyone. Figuring those out will give you the drive you need to change from dealing with anything by bingeing to being able to deal in another way.
  • Boredom triggers my binge eating, so I have to constantly find something to do in order to get my mind off of things (sometimes I just don't want to do ANYTHING and its hard to control).
  • I hope this doesn't sound too schoolteacher-ish, but... if you believe you can't stop, you're right. If you believe you can stop, you're also right. Focus on small, specific steps, one meal at a time. Still more important is to find sources of everyday pleasure other than food. (In fact, I would say that's the key.) It's not gonna be easy, but it's doable.

HTH Freelance