Do you know of any diet/lifestyle plans that take binge eating into account?

• I've read several "clean eating" books, the latest one being VB6 (Mark Bittmann), and even the most sensible and healthy-sounding diets proscribed sound like they're for people other than me....people who feel occasional cravings, but ones that can be overcome with some distractions/self-reflection/etc. The cravings I used to feel - and which I think a lot of us in this subforum feel - don't seem to be the cravings described in books such as this and others.

Does anyone else feel this way? At this point in your journey, do you ever flip through a "diet" book and realize you already know all of this stuff, but that intense cravings get in the way (for me, if i resisted a craving or tried to eat something healthy instead, I'd feel physically and mentally miserable and uncomfortable)?

I'm sure this is kinda "old hat" to most of you guys, but it's been irritating me a bit.
  • I have read so many, but the one that has truly made a difference has been Intuitive Eating. The principles of the book kept me binge free for 19 weeks. I had a relapse due to some extreme circumstances, but the book got me back on track and I feel like I have a long streak of binge free weeks ahead of me. My cravings are practically nonexistent at this moment.
  • There is a kind of diet called Carb Nite Solution which consists in eating low carb for 4-5 days and have a night full of junk carbs. There was a hype about it in another forum I visit. It worked for some of them but for a lot others caused hormone problems, exacerbated binging and more so I wouldn't recommend it. So I'd say that diet allows a binge day but does not deal with the underlying problem of binging if you want to change the behaviour.For a diet that deals with the complexity of how your mind creates a binge, I'm not sure it exists but I'd suggest the techniques of the Beck Diet Solution