Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-06-2014, 10:24 PM   #1  
Finding my mind :)

S/C/G: HW:194 189.6/175.2/127

Height: 5'6"

Default Exercise to quit binging?

Feeling extremely stressed, so inevitably I am more susceptible to binge eating. I'm obsessing about ways to quit. I am so sick of this on-off back and forth pattern of unhealthy overeating/restriction. One thing I noticed during a very brief period of working out recently was that I ate less and didn't binge. Then I stopped working out and got back into overeating, etc. This was only two weeks but does anyone have long term experiences with this working?
nostoneunturned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 223/146/140

Height: 5'2"

I am working on controlling my own binge eating habits. Right now, I am in a good place but I know that its always a possibility to get caught up in a binge down the road. Old habits die hard, and, in some ways, relapsing is part of the recovery process.
Working out ALWAYS makes me less prone to eat. Sometimes a spin class or a kickboxing class is all it takes to take me from feeling fat to fit.
I think there are 2 things at work here.
1: The physical. You get an endorphin rush from working out AND working out will level out your blood sugar which avoids a crash later on. This helps curb a raging appetite which can lead to a binge.
2: The emotional. You feel good about yourself after working out. Feeling good about yourself makes you less likely to eat out of depression or anxiety.

So, for me, stopping going to the gym always leads back to overeating. It takes time but I suggest sticking with a pretty strict gym schedule even if its only walking. Overtime, it will become habit and it won't feel like being strict. It'll just be normal.
... and be patient with yourself too even if you overeat.
Earthling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:15 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

You can't outrun a binge. I agree that exercise makes us feel good, it helps lower our anxiety and stress (which are big culprits to binging), and helps us feel more in tune with our bodies. But if binge eating is an ED like it is for me then you can't treat any ED with a diet or with exercise. There has to be a mental component and I'm doing that with nutritional therapy and IE.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote