Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-05-2013, 12:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 196/ticker/146

Height: 5'7''

Default So upset with myself

I binged like crazy yesterday! AUGH why did I do that!? Holidays are the worst for me and I KNEW it was going to be but I did it anyway

I probably ruined my whole week in one day Now all I want to do is eat nothing for the rest of the weekend, or say forget it and eat EVERYTHING but I know that's not going to help anything, so I had a couple of eggs and an apple for lunch instead.

ugh

How do you get yourselves back on track after a really bad day? I feel so guilty!
Melonlefey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 315.1/203.8/165?

Height: 5'6"

If your very best friend came to you and said the things you are saying to yourself, what would you say to him/her?

Talk to yourself the way you would support your best friend. We would never talk to another person the way we talk to ourselves!

Next - Get up; go outside; walk barefoot in the grass; look up at the sky! Do something to make yourself see that one day's "F"-up is not the biggest thing in the universe.

Today is okay, and tomorrow is going to be okay, too.
happy dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 347/208/180

Height: 5'3

I know how you feel, I ate more than I wanted to yesterday too. The only thing you can do is look forward to the future. How hard have you worked to get where you are? Why let one single day ruin that? Stay positive and move on
anm17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 275/264/160

Height: 5 ft 9 inches

I agree with what all the ladies said to you, I could use that same advice myself. I have worked so hard this week to lose weight but when I weighed in this morning at WW, I was up yet another pound. Meh, its another new week and this time I will make a difference. Dont be so hard on yourself. I am having pizza tonight and then Im starting again tomorrow morning (yeah I know, on a Saturday morning). This week Im going carb free.....wish me luck, lol, but, its gotta do something to help me start the weight loss again.
Missys Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:50 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

One day won't trash your entire week. But if you either not eat this weekend or continue to eat a lot - that WILL trash your entire week.

I try to just get right back on track the following day. Like yesterday - I ate horribly. But today - I'm back on track so far. I had a healthy breakfast, and plan to continue that through out the day.

I also try not to feel guilty about food and what I eat - because that connects feelings to food and eating and I don't want that. That leads to binging for me. I don't always succeed but I did today and yesterday. I don't feel guilty about what I ate. That was yesterday. Today is new
Lizzyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:53 AM   #6  
This time, it's forever..

S/C/G: 187/154/120

Height: 5'6

Come on love. So you had a bad day, just pick yourself up and start again! You can do it!!!
melodymist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:57 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 331/164/164

Height: 5'8"

There's a great quote in "Intuitive Eating":

"Guilt may be an appropriate emotion when you have hurt another person or committed a crime, but guilt has no place in your eating world."

I love that quote because it is so true. I have spent so much time feeling guilty because I overate, or binged, or whatever, and it has gotten me nowhere except to make me feel worse about myself.

Try to be gentle on yourself and have some self-compassion. Sometimes binging or other firms of emotional overeating are a warning sign about some stressor that is going on in your life. Maybe if you address that issue, you won't feel the need to comfort yourself with food.
KittyKatFan is offline   Reply With Quote