Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-17-2013, 11:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 212/200/125

Default Grandma's house is a food trap

There's something about Grandma's house. I can control myself at my house, at my parent's house, at my brother's house, at my aunts/uncles/cousins houses. I can control myself at my friend's houses.
Grandma's house is another story altogether. We just checked my grandma out of physical therapy rehab for a broken hip back in November. I went with my parents to take her back to the assisted living home she's been staying at for a while now. The assisted living is a few blocks from the house she raised her family in, so my folks and I stayed there. For some reason, this weekend, like every other weekend I stay there I eat everything in sight. I literally have zero control of myself. Thankfully, there isn't much around considering nobody lives there on a full time basis anymore. I've been this way since I was about sixteen (25 now), and weirdly about the same time Grandma got too sick and old to cook three meals a day.
Anyone else struggle in a particular situation like this? How do you control it?
kellzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 170/166/130

Height: 5'3"

This is what I do at my parent's house. It is even worse since they have lots of junk food and I am living there temporarily! I really struggle with controlling myself when the food is just there in front of me.

I can't give you any tips as I'm still trying to figure out for myself what to do. But I'm sending you virtual hugs as I know exactly what you're going through!
jennybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:59 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 298/ticker/175

Height: 5'7"

I travel for business quite a bit. My food trap is the lounge of the hotel I stay in. They offer free unlimited beer and buffet style food. The staff there makes sure that my beer cup never gets empty which leads me to fall face first into the buffet. They always have simple but delectable desserts that start calling my name after a few beers....

The hotel is one where there are fridges and kitchens in the room. I'm going there again next week and I plan on buying groceries and eating in my room. I hope I stick to that plan!
Garnet2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:48 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 138/127/120

Height: 5'4

My mom's house is like that for me. She's always got some delicious Malay food cooking. I've been good lately, only having a small bowl of whatever it is she's making, but it is so hard! I just want to consume bowl after bowl of chicken curry, mi gorang, Malay desserts...and then she tells me I'm getting fat. Thanks, mom!
Zima is offline   Reply With Quote