Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-03-2013, 09:46 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/132.4/129.5

Height: 5'5"

Default Learning breakthrough: if I eat enough, I don't feel the urge to binge!

I recently had a big breakthrough. I ate a substantial meal with protein and carbs. When I finished, I realized that I had little physical desire to binge because my tummy was full!

It sounds so basic, but it truly was a breakthrough for me. I had been keeping my calories low so that I could still fit in lots of junky treats into my daily calorie plan, thinking that allowing myself lots of treats would keep me from bingeing. Also, I had been keeping my calorie plan low because I was trying to lose those last few vanity pounds. But I discovered that when I eat at maintenance calories and use a lot of my calories for large, balanced meals (protein, carbs, veggies, and fats), I have little physical desire to binge afterwards! Now, the mental part of me still wants to binge, but if there is no physical desire to binge, it makes it a LOT easier to resist the mental desire!

I also learned that my body needs carbs with my veggies and protein to feel satisfied between meals. I always thought that veggies and protein were the best way to keep myself full and satiated between meals, but I discovered that by adding even just a half slice of reduced calorie bread, it does wonders to keep me physically satiated (vs. just the veggies and protein).

I hope this helps someone! It sounds basic, but I truly didn't realize this before! My new plan: don't try to lose weight (I'm within about 4 pounds of goal anyway) and use my calories for large, well-balanced meals!

I encourage you to experiment with your foods and macros. I always assumed that one style of eating was best for me, but I discovered that, by experimenting, a different style of eating works better. Best wishes for a binge-free day and week, everyone!
DoingMyBest79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 113/117/110-120

Height: 5'5"

Good for you on your breakthrough!
veggiedaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 164/--/--

Height: 5'7"

I'm kind of using a similar approach, expect that i had to increase my goal weight and pretty much give up trying to lose weight. i'm ok with where i am, though not thrilled, and more than anything i want to just stop binging and at least not gain weight. i'm still counting calories and keeping them a little below maintenance, hoping that i will lose weight very slowly over time...i mean like 5 pounds over 6 months.
surfergirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote