Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 06-09-2012, 12:47 PM   #16  
drifting downward!

S/C/G: (HW 194) 175/168/140

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Did you have children when you married? You said you're breastfeeding now. Keep in mind that the body changes with childbirth. I'm not saying you can't get back to 130 or lower, just that your body now is different from the body you had at 127, and holding yourself to that old standard may not be fair. You may find accepting a just couple extra lbs at the moment is worth the mental peace if it helps you lessen the struggle.

Desiderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:40 PM   #17  
Miral Paris

S/C/G: 191/140

Height: 5/5

I came here because I felt like such a sad sack having regained 5 of the pounds that I lost from several days of overating. What triggered it? I lost 5 lbs, so OF COURSE immediately I had to put them back on or I may have progressed, and we can't have THAT, can we. I have some strange need to punish myself and I don't know why. I had some things to do this weekend and meet friends at a festival and I didn't go for no netter reason than I was tired and as much as I desperately want to have friends and feel good around people I am terrified around them.

So I guess I just wanted to say I have been there, I am there, and I have the t-shirt. Back to you.

For me, and maybe for you, the answer is not to weigh ourselves because if we don't have something frick up we won't frick it up. Everytime I have lost weight in the past it just sort of happened without me realizing it. Yet every time; EVERY TIME I weigh myself and succeed I eat, thinking, well, I won't be as bad as it was before. All these cognitive distortions. And all the time in the back of my head I know I am fooling myself and will regret that.

And the terrible thing is, when i read people saying "I ate this and I shouldn't have" my first response in my head is, then why did you? And then I do it myself and I makes no sense at all. This just can't be handled with logic. I really like the Beck diet, but it is all about logic. And it helps. But at these illogical times I just don't know what happens, or why I do it.

Here I am talking about myself again.....

I am going to try eating and exercising as I should (I'm real good about the exercise) and just not weigh myself. Maybe you could try too. Go by the feel of your clothes and body.
Miral Paris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:26 PM   #18  

S/C/G: SW 136 CW 105 and maintaining

Height: 5.2

Eat things which you like and are healthy, and be patient... Our livers cannot burn more than 400 gr of fat a week, so though may kill yourselves exercising, you won't lose more than that. The rest is water! Take it easy, eat well and just wait. Work, laught, love, make friends, raise kids, cultivate flowers! You will get thinner in time if you eat well and move!
inglesita64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 09:47 PM   #19  

This is exactly how I am.
When I 1st started reading this, I was like...did I post this? Ha.

Last edited by Wheresashley; 07-26-2017 at 09:48 PM.
Wheresashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 01:48 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 242/185/155

Height: 5'8

Question Put ya money in a Piggy Bank Instead of ya tummy

Then when u fill up the piggy bank go buy a 2nd Piggy Bank, etc , etc.....And soon you'll be like a Lottery Winner.....Good Luck in maintaining your self control and inweight...
1Bluerose68 is offline   Reply With Quote