Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 01-07-2013, 06:32 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 194/166/125

Height: 5'5''

Unhappy Guess who gained 15 pounds over the holidays?

It wasn't just a pound here or 5 there this time around. No- I've managed to gain 15 pounds over the span of a few weeks. I've got to say that this is a new record for me.

A combination of baking cookies for gifts, staying at my (unhealthy) parents' house for a week, nightly binging, and almost nonstop drinking has truly wreaked havoc on my body and health. The worst part? I can't seem to stop it.

I have not been in the 170's for almost over a year. While I haven't gained all of my weight back, it's still a disappointment to go from 158 in december to 173 in january.

I know exactly what I need to do to lose the pounds and get back on track, but why CAN'T I seem to get started and stick with it?
Nuclear Indeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:01 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 244/234/135

Height: 5'6"

ME?

Oh, you too?

I know exactly how you feel. It wasn't quite as quick for me, but I went from the low 150's to 164 in a few months (the highest I've been in a long time) and I am not feeling good about it.

You said you know exactly what to do, and so do I, so the both of us just need to get at it. We can do this!!
Horo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:12 AM   #3  
pick your hard

S/C/G: 240/192/145

Not to worry, just focus on your healthier lifestyle now. No need to cry over spilt milk, just put it behind you. At least, that is what I am doing after the holidays.
Kitcherella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:13 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

Just start with one health-conscious, portion-conscious day. Then one more. Then you'll be off to the races.

Freelance
www.englishgrammargripe.com

Last edited by freelancemomma; 01-07-2013 at 04:58 PM.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:19 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

I hear you. If it makes you feel any better, I managed to gain 30 pounds between Thanksgiving and Christmas. My advice is to avoid Double Bubble Gum Balls no matter what!!!!!

First, forgive yourself. Did you have a good Christmas at your parents? New memories? Focus on the good part. Second, focus on knowing that you have the ability to lose weight. You've done it before, you can do it again. Third, if you're still having trouble, purge purge purge -- and that would be of the stuff in your house that are causing problems, not purging you.

Most cravings focus on the need to satisfy the sweet, salty, or fat cravings. Figure out good substitutes. For instance, I make home made hummus and allow myself 1/4 cup with some pretzels when the salt cravings hit. I make some of that frozen banana "ice cream" when the sweet cravings hit. Butter is my down fall on the fat side, so I'll pop some popcorn in the small pan only use coconut oil.

You're not alone. We've all done this. Hope that by the time you post again, you're feeling better about steps you've taken.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:53 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 260/190/166

I managed to gain 8 lbs over the holidays and I agree with you, it's very hard to get back on the wagon. But you know what? I'm taking it one day at a time and have lost 3 lbs so far, and if I can do it anyone can

Last edited by epifania; 01-07-2013 at 03:14 PM.
epifania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:04 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 183/166/135

Height: 5'6"

I don't think I gained (although my scale might be broken because I can't believe that I didn't gain anything) but the thing that probably bothers me the most is how I totally went back to old habits and felt completely out of control during the holidays.

The first part of my holidays at my parent's house was okay, I didn't go too nuts.

But the last week or so, especially the last 3 days when I was traveling on a mini vacation, I just went off the deep end. Chips, fried greasy food, burgers, pop, etc. I felt gross while eating it, yet I kept eating it.

I did prepare and brought 2 pre-made healthy breakfasts to the hotel room and ate them, but I also brought a great snack of nuts and coconut water and instead of having that I had a burger and fries instead and then felt guilty.

It really bothers me that I didn't just eat what I brought, or seek out other healthy alternatives. I was craving a big kale salad and yet I would have crap that I didn't even really want. I lay in front of the TV in the hotel room and almost ate a whole bag of chips and chex mix - even as I was eating it my body was saying "holy crap that's ENOUGH!" and yet I kept eating it.

It was like I was fighting against the healthy living enemy and trying to win (by eating badly??!). Why did I do this?
BreathingSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:38 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 149.2/145.3/130

Height: 5'5

Yeah I completely understand! I gained around 12 lbs in 4 months or so. That was the quickest I have ever put on weight. So now I have to lose 20 lbs instead of 10lbs. Oh well...
I guess you have to look at yourself(again) and figure out why you want to lose weight, and get re-motivated. Or perhaps find someone close to you who can help motivate you and/or offer a bit of healthy competition...hold you accountable. But most importantly if you slip, don't just give up!
I'm sure you'll get back on track, good luck!
KatieRN1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:44 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 188/132.4/129.5

Height: 5'5"

You can do it! We've all been there. I'm going to tell you what my fellow posters told me when I was in a similar situation: Just start with ONE on-plan day, and then get through another...just focus on getting through ONE good day. It will get easier the longer you stay on track.

And don't feel alone. It happens to all of us! I gained over 13 pounds in less than a month by bingeing nightly during the Olympics...estimated 7,000 calories per day, nearly every day, for weeks. And you know what? I finally stopped, and re-lost the weight by doing exactly what I'm recommending you do...just get back on plan for one day. And then another day. Just focus on getting through today, one day at a time, and you will be able to do it!!

We are here to support you! You can do it!

Last edited by DoingMyBest79; 01-07-2013 at 09:46 PM.
DoingMyBest79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:38 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 194/166/125

Height: 5'5''

Thank you all so much for replying and giving me advice! After trying to take it one day at a time, I can now say that I'm at least back in the 160's at 168. I'll try to reply to some of you individually, but for now, this is a HUGE thank you to every single one of you who posted. =)
Nuclear Indeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:00 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 331/164/164

Height: 5'8"

I was binge free in December, but from mid-October to the end of Thankksgiving weekend, I gaine 30 pounds!!!

15 of it was water weight and came off in two weeks. But the other 15 was fat accumulated from a month of almost nonstop binging and total abandonment of an exercise program. I am just now back to my ticker weight after nearly 7 weeks of avoiding binges.
KittyKatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:34 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 208/162/140

Height: 5"3

I gained ten over christmas the year before and 10 during my birthday week but it came off pretty quickly because I just kept going as usual.

This Christmas just gone I did not put on any weight, I think you have to make mistakes and bad choices now that you are mindful of your food problems to know what to avoid next time!
swissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:33 AM   #13  

I hope this doesn't come out wrong:

I think you need to forgive yourself and then let it go.

For me, I got mad at myself and then said 'what the heck!' and then just gave up everything completely. Let go of your anger and disappointment, buckle down and start again.

You can do it!

Kaitie9399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:28 PM   #14  
Happiness, Peace, & Love

S/C/G: 250 / 250 / 160

Height: 6'0"

That was me too- I lost a ton of weight for my wedding (got down to normal body weight) and just gained it all back. Clearly I just was not able to/did not want to stick to healthy eating- food and amounts, plus exercise. For me, I know that I will lose the weight and keep the weight off when I can throw out my old habits, develop and stick to new healthy habits, and always be mindful that old habits can come back.

I can't tell you what round # of trying to lose weight this is for me, but at least I learn a little more about my body each time I try and that is what is important: I'm working towards bettering my body and that should be everyone's life-time goal.
Angeldove97 is offline   Reply With Quote