Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-24-2012, 01:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 164/--/--

Height: 5'7"

Default I think i know why i'm addicted to packaged foods

I was (am) addicted to processed food. Anything in the cupboard. I never binge on anything in the fridge...it's always stuff from the cupboard. I think i've figured it out. I do love the taste of sugar, but it's more than that...basically, it's easier to overeat the processed stuff. When i used to live with roommates, i could sneak the food back to my room (or just keep it in my room in the first place) so that no one would see me overeating. Or, now at work, i can just open my desk drawer and find my stash of chocolate--instead of having to go to the kitchen and have people see me heating up food.

In addition, after dinner, i used to binge a lot...always on packaged food. Because i'd finish my meal and would never consider making a SECOND meal. Yet i could easily justify eating a "handful" of cereal, which would turn into half the box...or one cookie, which would turn into half the package. Really i would have been better off just eating a second meal! Instead, i was fooling myself into thinking i wasn't overeating because it was just a nibble here, a nibble there...but not really. You can really fudge and hide things when it comes to packaged food. Talk about denial.

Even when it comes to buying a random snack...let's say i'm on a roadtrip or something. Maybe other people want junk and they buy a donut or something. Where i will buy a box of cereal...pretending it's healthier...but really it's because it's easier to hide the fact that i'm eating multiple servings of something! I figure i can get away with eating at least half the box before it starts to really look like i'm binging.
surfergirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:53 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 350+/341/199

Height: 5'9"

I get you. In the past I'd fix my husband's plate and it would be FULL. He'd eat all or most of it, be satisfied, and not snack after dinner. But for myself, I'd always fix a petite portion, finish it, and still be a bit hungry, or at least, still be wanting to eat. In reality I should have just fixed myself a good size meal to start off. I would have never gone back for a second petite meal. I'd just pick at leftovers as I cleaned up, then a bit later, go to the cupboard for crackers, cookies, chips, popcorn, any kind of quick snack food.
Atkins loser STL is offline   Reply With Quote