Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 01-31-2012, 05:49 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 207/174/125

Height: 5'5"

Red face What time of the day do You binge?

Or unnecessarily eating/boredom eating? Late night? With friends or family? At work?
I'm just curious to see what is our triggers to binge or over eat and if we realize this or not notice it

Ok I'll start, I find myself binging "late night" after work, I work night shift 11pm-7am and usually when I get home after work I feel like I'm STARVING! even if I have eaten at work I eat, I would say a regular size meal, but then I get in bed and I will want to keep on snacking...and snacking, and sometimes I feel like I just won't fill up. This is the ONLY time of the day when I am able to eat that much, and then with that full tummy I'm able to fall asleep, which is how I got to my current weight. No the full feeling does not make me sleepy, I have confirmed this but yeah -___- I'm working on stopping this terrible habit or I will only keep gaining weight or won't lose any at all.
Misa66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

I'm worst at night. During my work day things are more structured and it doesn't give me an opportunity to think about bingeing. But when I get home from work I suddenly find myself bored and without activities or hobbies to occupy my mind. That's something that I need to change. Because I'm usually tired and/or stressed and that leads to bingeing especially when I'm unwinding in front of the tv.
aliasihaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:41 AM   #3  
MsWannaBSlim

S/C/G: 230/179/159 lbs

Height: 5' 4"

Evenings, about two hours after supper, are hard for me, but the most difficult, by far, is the weekends. I agree that in the late weekday evenings I have more free time and temptations around the house - not necessarily things that are bad like chips or candy, but even crackers or bread and peanut butter, or cereal and milk...ugh. Weekends are the hardest ususally when family/friends are around who aren't on a healthy eating plan. I guess a small part of me doesn't want to stick out and not eat all the crap they are eating, but a huge part of it is that I cannot resist the things they are eating. It's such a battle! Wish I had the will power to say no to the temptations. Hope to get there one day...any advice from anyone would be much appreciated

Last edited by MsWannaBSlim; 01-31-2012 at 09:44 AM.
MsWannaBSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:10 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 193/176/130

Height: 5'8

Super late night if im up.. seriously idk what it is.. during winter break i couldnt control myself.. but now I sleep early so its okay
ilovemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:25 PM   #5  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Mid afternoons or evenings after meals. I find both of these times are times when I'm bored. Mid afternoons = I'm usually finished with my 'jobs' for the day, but its not time to start supper, so I usually end up in front of the TV or computer. I have a knitting project by the couch which helps keep my hands busy but sometimes that gets thrown aside in favor of a snack, which turns into mindless eating 'these are good...I'll just go get a few more', but we all know how that turns out.

Evenings are pretty much the same thing, Hubby and I have eaten supper a few hours ago but are used to having an evening snack so we both get the munchies, then if he eats something I want something. Sometimes I can tell when I'm starting to get bored with the show, I get a 'restless feeling' which I've identified as the 'warning signal' to some of my eating. I try to recognize it and do something else that doesn't involve going to the kitchen for a snack!
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:31 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 207/174/125

Height: 5'5"

Patchwork penguin I'm proud of you you've recognized that "warning sign" and I recently just discovered my "set off warning too". Good luck to everyone! Bingeing sucks and it seems like most people binge out late night/evening. Ladies let's remember to detour our minds from binging for this month that's my goal and I will try to keep it!
Misa66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:40 PM   #7  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Reading the responses in this thread convinced me that I should tell my Hubby about my 'warning' signal so that he would understand why I 'wander off' in the middle of some programs. He understood and we had a nice talk. He and I both want to snack at night and are trying to keep each other on plan.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:30 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 230/149/138

Height: 5'6

My worst times are around 3 or 4 in the afternoon. I work from home, and that's the time of day when I feel most stressed out, tired and vulnerable. I'm normally really resolved in the mornings, refreshed from sleeping and happy because I indulge in my one cup of coffee. By 3 or 4, I am tired and I'm just kind of waiting around until evening when I'm done with work and can go to the gym.

I work out in the evenings b/c that's when the classes I like take place and because it's just logistically easier - so my binges don't normally strike after I work out - but ugh...those hours around 3-4 are killer for me.
Lunula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:33 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

Afternoons and evenings are the hardest - its that time right after work and before dinner and then after dinner. Usually it's times when I'm alone at home.
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:35 PM   #10  
Sarah

S/C/G: 172/ticker/125

Height: 5ī4.5

I am a before dinner girl...Itīs hard to stop after you start.
lovemydoggiesx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:28 PM   #11  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Sometimes it's an all day extravaganza, but the most common time is at night after my kids go to bed and the second most common time is in the late afternoon.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 03:17 PM   #12  
Dream BIG to be small!

S/C/G: (kg)75/74/46

Height: 159cm 5"2

Nights are my worst times. There's something so satisfying to munching throughout the night watching a good show and then going to bed with a filled tummy. This is why I really prefer having exercise classes and whatnot that last till night (8/9pm), so that I can come home to a nice dinner and have to go to sleep a few hours later!
unidestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:27 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 282/TICKER/140

Height: 5'6.5

For me, it's pretty much always late at night. I find it pretty easy to control myself during the day, even when I don't have anything to do, but BAM! Night hits and I can't stop eating.. really don't know what to do about it any more, think I may have to try and shift my sleeping pattern a little so I'll be preparing for bed when I'd usually start eating!
aseret123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:17 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 208/162/140

Height: 5"3

6-10pm the evening instead of dinner I used to have pizza and or ice cream.
or a big plate of chips. I just excused the large amount of calories because I didn't eat much else during the day, and those foods reminded me of good times. I would watch tv, it provided me with getting out of the house being excited about what I was going to chose oh choice in my life! and that escape when I came back, it worked for a while but things were bad and I wasn't fixing them I was just kicking the can down the road at the expense of my body.
Before that it could of been a large bag of crisps, family bar of chocolate, icecream

It was eventual steps down for me
swissy is offline   Reply With Quote