Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 10-17-2011, 07:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 301/147/147

Height: 5'8"

Default Splurge - it's an urge!

I have come to realise I will always have days where a splurge will happen. it still goes on now despite my weight loss. The difference now is that the splurges are more in control. I can still pack the food away if I really want to. Of course this does not happen a fraction of the frequency it used to hence my ability to control my weight now.

What I wanted to home in on is that it is alright to have a day when the healthier eating is lax and you treat yourself. You deserve it right? After all the hard work, one day of being a little bit naughty is not going to send the scale pointer roaring up. It is very easy to get caught up with those innocuous numbers on the scale.

When I was started out losing weight, I promised myself once a week treats; whether it be a chocolate bar, crisps, take away (there are healthier options in a take away menu if you look hard enough.)

Feeling deprived is part of the problem, deprivation stimulates cravings.

My two penny worthb
lossforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 07:28 PM   #2  
I Need Accountablity!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Why not? If the snack was in my calorie range, I would snack once a week.
WannaBeLoserAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 03:50 PM   #3  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

Personally, I'm trying to find that balance you have. Eat great 6 out of 7 days (or whatever) and then reward myself with a Big Mac and regular coke! It worked well for about 3 weeks and then I was allowing myself more and more splurges. And I learned losing weight comes with a price. When I was obsese I'd binge at home alone. I never went out. I liked my alone time with my food. But after I lost weight I became more social. It actually KILLS me to sit at home now with nothing to do. So this new social me is meeting friends for dinner, drinks, movies and popcorn.

Point is, I can't find a balance. I can't just resign myself to the fact that I really only need to go out 1-2 times a week -- not every freaking night!

I envy your splurge resolve and keeping it in check. I wish I hadn't tricked myself into thinking I could maintain my weight loss easily.
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote