3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks in Control (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control-64/)
-   -   Binge Free Challenge: 10.11.11 - 10.31.11 - Let's do this together! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control/244899-binge-free-challenge-10-11-11-10-31-11-lets-do-together.html)

Vixsin 10-11-2011 09:21 AM

Binge Free Challenge: 10.11.11 - 10.31.11 - Let's do this together!

:cheer2: :cheer2:Welcome to the binge-free challenge!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

This is a place where you can come in and talk about binging. Feel free to post about your successes and your struggles and keep track of how many days you've been binge free. You can also vent about anything and everything you feel like getting out. We are here to share our feelings and to encourage and inspire each other.

No negativity! We are strong chicks and I KNOW we all can do this!! And we don't have to do it alone, we have each other to get us through the rough times.

ALL chicks are welcome -- no one is excluded! If you are trying to lose weight, not trying, maintaining, recovering from an eating disorder, in the midst of one, or have ANY kind of problem with food, we would love to have you join us!!

Jump in head first!!! We WILL catch you! :hug:

Vixsin 10-11-2011 09:21 AM

Vixsin 10-11-2011 01:50 PM

From the old thread:

Paris, it's good to see you!!!

Tyla, I am the same way. It's not so easy to forgive ourselves, is it?

boomerang 10-11-2011 02:24 PM

Day 4. A bbq yesterday and overate somewhat but did not binge and....I was definitely tempted!

Tyla, thank you for your sweet comments :hug:I learn a lot from you! I've been thinking about something a bit philosophical during the last couple of days, which relates to your comment about being one calorie over. I've been reading a book and something really struck a chord. This was the quote "Create a little room for imperfection in your life". I wonder how many of us engage in the "all or none" eating behavior because once we have that extra calorie, we feel that we've ruined everything. One calorie or 4000 seems like just as much of a "mess up" so we might as well forget the day and start tomorrow (being perfect again). So with a new lesson learned every day, from you and our other participants, forward I go and thank you!:hug:
Paris, welcome back :) I know what you mean about having difficulty with staying on program during particular seasons. I have THREE of those :o Spring is about the only time when I feel truly motivated.

Have a great day, everybody.

desiresdestiny 10-11-2011 04:20 PM

Day 16......
one moment at a time ladies, one moment at a time....

sophandstuff 10-11-2011 04:26 PM

Hey so I'm new here, Hi guys, and i did just binge today, so I guess I'm on Day 0 currently.

I've planned out my meals for tomorrow to try and get through this - I want to be less bloated by and flabby for when I go on holiday in two weeks!

boomerang 10-11-2011 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sophandstuff (Post 4067056)
Hey so I'm new here, Hi guys, and i did just binge today, so I guess I'm on Day 0 currently.

I've planned out my meals for tomorrow to try and get through this - I want to be less bloated by and flabby for when I go on holiday in two weeks!

Welcome Soph :welcome3: I can't think of a better way to start than the way you just planned. Being here also REALLY helps. It has kept me from crossing from on plan :carrot: to overeating :(to binging:o. I may still overeat or (on one occasion in about 26 days) even binge, but the frequency does not compare to the time before participating in this thread. Good luck!

desiresdestiny you are SO right! Sometimes it comes down to exactly that, one second at a time. 16 days is really wonderful, congratulations!

tyla 10-11-2011 05:39 PM

This is day 49. :)

Vixsin, thanks for putting up the new thread. I think forgiving ourselves is a learning process for us, because some people don't blame themselves or feel guilty about anything. (Of course, those are often criminals or liars.LOL) I believe it has to do with how we were raised.

Boomerang, congrats on going to a bbq and staying in control! And thank you for your message. Love that quote! Gotta start making some room for a little imperfection in my life. I seem to strive for perfection in everything I do. No wonder I'm often stressed out! It's hard to live like that! (It's funny I always cut other people some slack, but me not so much.) But I'm really working on that one. THANK YOU!

Welcome, Soph! Glad you could join us. By the way, this is DAY 1 for you. Once you made the commitment to start, the days for success start adding up. Congrats!

DD, yes, one moment at a time. :)

heather29 10-11-2011 08:35 PM

day 3 for me. there were some very sketchy moments today, but i made it. i'm unhappy with the scale at the moment and have been a bit depressed, but it is more along the lines of where it should be, some i'm trying not to freak out about it. just hoping that all this torture i've been putting myself through will result in something good this month with either a postive preg test or at least something that shows me my body is working right again...

paris81 10-11-2011 09:12 PM

Thanks for the greeting everyone! It feels really good to be back here. Even though I'm almost 1.5 years in, I still need this kind of support! I'm actually not that surprised, this is a hard endeavor we're on!

Vixsin 10-11-2011 09:47 PM

You did it, Heather!!! :high: Those first few days were THE hardest for me. Great job!

Tyla, you're more than welcome. Like Paris, I need this place. I have come too close for comfort to the binge line and thinking about this thread and everyone on it helped pull me back from the ledge.....more than once. ;) Boomerang was so right about the "all or nothing" behavior. That has been the hardest battle to win for me. That negative self-talk is really persistent, huh? Luckily, we are more persistent, but still.... :dizzy:

Paris, I can relate to how you're feeling. I can't imagine not having this thread in the immediate or distant future. I get so much out of this thread. Reading everyone's accomplishments and even slips. It brings it home for me just how real this disease is.

tigrre 10-11-2011 11:43 PM

Day 1. I binged over the weekend, but I'm starting over again.

Welcome Soph!

Vixsin 10-12-2011 06:26 AM

Today is Day 368 here.

A big howdy-do! :welcome3: to Soph!! Love your screen name! We're glad you're here. :hug:

Kittenmancer 10-12-2011 06:41 AM

Day 23, overate a little yesterday as my boyfriend forgot to mention that he'll use satay sauce for dinner, so I'm not letting him cook again until I've properly trained him in which ingredients are acceptable.

Massive congrats to Vixsin and Paris, amazing accomplishments!

Regarding the "all or nothing" mindset, I too have huge problems with it and more than once I've abandoned my eating and exercising plan for a few weeks or even months because of one slip-up which paved the way to more and more indulgences. For now I have half a day each week when I can eat whatever I want, and that seems to help a lot.

boomerang 10-12-2011 10:06 AM

Day 5
Kittenmancer Way to go! I agree, all the people with whom we cohabitate have to be trained!!!;) Now can somebody please tell me what to do about my loving parents who think it is soooooooo great that they've found item x, y or z (always a favorite) and since there were only 12 boxes in the store they thought they'd get them all for me????
Vixsin and Tyla Dare I say, I think we've been socialized to be so much more tolerant and forgiving of others' behaviors than of our own? I too am so grateful for this place and this thread. I may have slipped and I'm certain I'll do it again but the difference is that it will be a slip as opposed to a way of life and one or two days do not have to become years (again :o). Thank you for providing this safe, supportive oasis.:grouphug:
Tigrre, welcome back:hug: That word "starting" is the key! As long as we are willing to keep starting over, we're good!
Paris, Heather, wonderful efforts!:cp: We can do this and one day we'll look at those numbers and feel the way Visxin did recently, on her ONE YEAR anniversary!:cloud9:
Have a great day everybody! :)