3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks in Control (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control-64/)
-   -   Binge Free Challenge: 9.5.11 - 9.12.11 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control/242473-binge-free-challenge-9-5-11-9-12-11-a.html)

Vixsin 09-05-2011 08:48 PM

Binge Free Challenge: 9.5.11 - 9.12.11

:cheer2: :cheer2:Welcome to the binge-free challenge!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

This is a place where you can come in and talk about binging. Feel free to post about your successes and your struggles and keep track of how many days you've been binge free. You can also vent about anything and everything you feel like getting out. We are here to share our feelings and to encourage and inspire each other.

No negativity! We are strong chicks and I KNOW we all can do this!! And we don't have to do it alone, we have each other to get us through the rough times.

ALL chicks are welcome -- no one is excluded! If you are trying to lose weight, not trying, maintaining, recovering from an eating disorder, in the midst of one, or have ANY kind of problem with food, we would love to have you join us!!

Jump in head first!!! We WILL catch you! :hug:

desiresdestiny 09-05-2011 08:53 PM

tyla 09-06-2011 02:11 PM

Hi everyone!

Day 14 :)

fruitlady 09-06-2011 09:30 PM

Day 3!!

Vixsin 09-07-2011 10:00 AM

332!

tyla 09-07-2011 11:19 AM

Day 15 :)

paris81 09-08-2011 08:44 AM

483!

Vixsin 09-08-2011 09:49 AM

tyla 09-08-2011 10:44 AM

Day 16 :)

Paris and Vixsin, love those numbers! Congrats to both of you! :congrat:

firebirdgirl 09-08-2011 05:08 PM

Day 8 OP...lost 2.3 this week...back on track ...feels good to be back there.

fruitlady 09-08-2011 09:08 PM

Day 5!

Vixsin 09-09-2011 10:16 AM

334 here.

Thanks Tyla! :hug: I appreciate that.

tyla 09-09-2011 11:28 AM

Vixsin, you deserve super congrats! We all know it's not always easy... stress gets in the way, so does financial problems these days. Plus, You've been holding this group together for a long time. Truly inspirational! :hug:

Day 17 :) I'm so happy to be back here! :hug: :hug:

Vixsin 09-09-2011 12:13 PM

Aww Tyla, that's so sweet of you to say. I don't know about holding this group together but I sure love this place. I still have the need to count my days so that's why I keep the thread going. I love having a place for people to go to look for support through any difficult times rather than turning to food.

It sure isn't easy...but boy, am I glad we're all in it together!! :hug:

fruitlady 09-09-2011 09:04 PM

Vixsin- You are holding this thread together!
Tyla- Congrats on day 17!!

Day 6- I'm eating small meals cause of stomach problems, it really helps. So unless I wanna feel like crap, they'll be no binging for me!!

tyla 09-10-2011 06:57 AM

It's 3 weeks today! :woohoo:

Fruitlady, hope you feel better.

heather29 09-10-2011 04:57 PM

hi everyone. been a while. had visitors and been trying to be "normal." my sister left today and my mom's cat, who we took in after she passed is very sick. feeling pretty awful today and wanting to binge really badly. trying to remember that today is day 56....8 weeks without a binge. as i am still trying to gain weight, the binge monster is trying to justify a binge as being not that bad. it doesn't help that eating a bit off my normal clean foods the last few days has left me feeling bloated and retaining water....my mental state just isn't that great. i have a feeling i'll still make it through today, but it just sucks to feel like this...

fruitlady 09-10-2011 08:51 PM

tyla- Thanks, I do feel much better. Congrats on 3 weeks!! Yay!

Day 7- Had some sugar free ice cream, noticed it isn't addicting like the stuff filled w/ sugar. I'm choosing sugar free from now on, I definitely won't binge on it. All in all it was a good day!

tyla 09-11-2011 09:35 AM

Day 19 :)

Fruitlady, good to know about the sugar free ice cream. And thank you for your encouragement.

Heather, I'm very sorry about your mom's passing and your cat being sick. I hope things start to get better for you. Sending you good thoughts.

tyla 09-12-2011 06:29 AM

Day 20 :) I made a mistake... tomorrow is 3 weeks. :lol:

Vixsin 09-12-2011 10:00 AM

Today is Day 337. :)

I'm so glad to say that my stress level has gone up now that I've started school and I have not gone off the deep end with my eating. Yes, I have eaten things I shouldn't have but NO, I have not even come close to binging.

I'm very thankful for you guys! :grouphug:

boomerang 09-12-2011 02:28 PM

May I join you? I've been looking for a thread that would address my "issues"...and this one seems just right.
As an introduction, I am re-losing for the umpteenth time, the same weight that I've been losing since my 20's (I am in my mid 50s). Whenever I've lost a substantial amount of wt., it was by starving myself. As a former athlete who could pretty much eat whatever she wished until about the age of 14, my eating habits have been horrendous and "THE BINGE" has been my downfall and the start of every minor and eventually major wt. gain. In 2004 I decided that I had enough and lost a considerable amt. of wt., reached my goal of 130#, proceeded to take care of the ravages with two cosmetic surgery interventions and spent the following two years regaining about 90% of the lost wt. Since then I've been fluctuating by about 30#s at a time.
Despite my disastrous history with eating and wt. issues, my health has always been excellent despite a problematic family history. As of about 2 years ago, my cholesterol and BP are catching up to my habits and genetic history. I am currently taking cholesterol lowering medication and see my MD quarterly for the script. Before seeing her I panic. EVERY TIME!
Recently I saw the CNN special (by Dr. Gupta) and I had an epiphany: not only do I need to lose the wt. but I can no longer eat the foods that I love the most (re. the ones to which I am addicted, such as sugar, saturated fats...you know the lot).
Now I am in a situation in which I need to change everything at the same time: lower calories, healthy choices (which are completely unappealing to me), reduce the incidents of overeating and no longer binge at all! I have no clue how to accomplish all those things at once, so momentarily I am concentrating on food selection and keeping my calories at a level that will probably limit my wt. loss to one or two pounds a month. Once I experience some success with that, I will limit my calories.
Thank you for providing a forum to share my story and congratulations on your successes. I will definitely use you as role models.

boomerang 09-12-2011 02:32 PM

Oh, I forgot something. I know we all have our own definition of what constitutes a binge. I consider mine to be an incident (which may stretch into days, weeks, etc.), during which I feel out of control and it is in no way eating that I do in response to being hungry.

Based on that definition, I have not had a binge in 6 days.