3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks in Control (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control-64/)
-   -   Cheesie binge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control/241557-cheesie-binge.html)

canadacatman 08-23-2011 07:39 PM

Cheesie binge

I weight myself every Sunday and last weigh was 350.6 down 21 pounds.

Last night I ate almost a whole big bag of cheesies and had 2 liters of water with them. I got up today and jumped on the scale and up to 354 now I know I did not gain 4 pounds from the cheesies but would they hold my water as I feel real bloated also.

Please let me know so I can find another treat.

Thanks

hpnodat 08-23-2011 08:11 PM

What are cheesies? Are they Like Cheetos?

canadacatman 08-23-2011 08:12 PM

Yes. Humpty Dumpty Cheesies..
Will they do that!

hpnodat 08-23-2011 08:45 PM

Most likely. Since cheetos have a huge amount of sodium so I assume that these cheesies you're talking about most likely do too.

canadacatman 08-24-2011 07:40 AM

Ok thanks. Never really looked at the sodium in them before.

Thanks

Latchkey Princess 08-24-2011 12:23 PM

Oh yeah, the weight gain is probably mostly bloat from the sodium and the weight of all those cheesies sitting in your intestines. Drink plenty of water to help flush the water weight away and wait a day or two for the cheesies to, um, run their course through your system and I bet you'll be right back where you were before you ate them.

P.S. I LOVE cheetos (which I guess is the American version of cheesies?), they are a huge weakness of mine. I can't keep them in the house because I'll eat the whole bag, especially the jalapeno cheddar ones.

canadianwoman 12-23-2011 05:41 AM

Why not just have a couple of peices of real cheese? It would be better for you then the cheesies.

I used to binge on cheesies but now they make me gag ever since I gave up all processed foods in favour of real food. (meat, fish, veggies, fruit, cheeses, healthy fats and oils, water, tea and one coffee a day)

Justwant2Bhealthy 12-30-2011 08:14 PM

Cheesies are lighter than Cheetos; they are full of air & grease & salt ... :lol: so they will definitely make you hold water. I find them too greasy & salty now; and they don't fit into my plan. You do need to find another snack, as a whole bag adds up to a lot of calories, my Canadian friend.

Do you like Microwave Light Popcorn? You can get them in 100 or 300 calorie bags -- 100 cal bags taste OK, but the 300 bags have some butter/favor ... :D

aliasihaya 12-31-2011 01:21 PM

I'm always baffled when my weight jumps up like that. For me it's wine. If I have a night out with friends and sharing a bottle or two, my weight can fluctuate by 5 pounds over night. I'm sure there are things along with it that I'm not realizing, but in the end I'm sure that it's water weight to be that drastic. However, I find getting those pounds off are much harder than putting them on overnight. That's what's frustrating. That's why I always get frustrated with myself for putting myself in the position to gain those pounds. But I'm constantly also trying to remind myself that I can't shut myself off from life and that I need to adjust my new eating habits to my life outside of the house....

Anyway, I digress... :) I agree with others. It's most likely the sodium and that it's not good to eat a whole bag of those at a time also because of the calories. I'm not so much into cheetos as I am into cheese puffs. They're full of air and processed cheese flavoring, but so addictive. So now I don't even look at them in the grocery store. I like to pretend they don't exist. :)

Beach Patrol 01-01-2012 09:11 AM

I binged yesterday on cheese whiz & crackers. :(
up two lb this morning :(

I know it's sodium & the sheer "volume" of the food
but still...
not a happy way to start off the new year
a little mad at myself

but I will take a nice long walk today & thank the goddesses that tomorrow is back to regular routine & I can get off this holiday-food roller coaster

I have been plateaued since T'giving ~sigh~