Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 12-29-2011, 09:47 PM   #1  

Default Life gets in the way

So a little bit of background...

I've been maintaining for a couple years now. I've managed to keep off about 30 pounds and get really fit. I've actually been teaching fitness classes and doing some personal training during the last year (yay!).

I've also been eating a whole foods diet, about 80% of the time. I'm not super strict about it, just to give myself some leeway, but I've been really good.

Now here's the problem.... LIFE!!!!!

I've been SO busy at work (my "regular" job, not the gym stuff). I haven't had time to lift weights in WEEKS and I see a big change in my body composition. I'm up almost 10 pounds, but I'm mostly upset that I feel like I'm letting myself go and getting "unfit". I feel like I made so much progress and I can't get control over my schedule to fit in my usual workouts. I'm hoping it's just a phase and I'll get back to a routine shortly. I just feel YUCKY when I'm not eating well and not working out like I want to. I like to feel strong and I just don't feel that way.

And speaking of eating badly... It's NONSTOP with the chocolate!! ANd the last few nights I've had a can of Progresso soup for dinner. Not terrible but not great. More sodium than I'm used to and I'm just LAZY about cooking. Tonight I got home late and my choices were a workout and some kind of takeout dinner, or going to the grocery store and making a healthy dinner with no workout. I opted for healthy food without working out.

Now I just feel like I'm whining. Thanks for reading if you made it this far.
tiffany0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 08:23 PM   #2  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

You do have options ~ do your exercises in the AM before going to work. Get up 15 minutes earlier & do them as soon as you get up. One lady here wears a jogging suit to bed ... so, no excuses. Another option is exercise before bed; cut the TV or PC time by 15 minutes a day. OR, you can exercise at lunch or coffee break times. And, you can exercise while watching TV or while on here: I do my hand-weights while reading here, plus more ...

I'd bet one of those options will fit, if you make it fit ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 06:06 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 202/195/140

Height: 5'3"

Agreed. You have many options. Don't let this slip up undo all of your hard work! You know which direction you need to go in, so GO!!! You can't get back in your routine or back on track until you make a conscious decision and force yourself to do it.
ArtyKay is offline   Reply With Quote