Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 08-03-2011, 03:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/149/138

Height: 5'6

Default So bummed that binging still has a hold on me...

I won't bore you with a lot of details, but all of this year, I've been really successful at changing how I think about food, exercise and diet. I've lost a good bit of weight and I'm exercising regularly - and I'm adjusting to making this a way of life forever. I've stopped making excuses for myself and just pushed through what I've been faced with, and I'm happy with that.

This week, for some reason, I have been binging like crazy. I had a great week last week, lost 2.5 lbs and was content. But starting Saturday (I weigh in on Sat mornings) I starting binging. Every single day this week I have had "little" binges - nothing like I used to do, but still way over my daily points (I'm doing WW online). 10 minutes ago I consumed an entire box of chocolate Fiber 1 bars and ate two spoonfuls of brown sugar. Arg!

I am stumped. I've been doing pretty well as far as looking at what triggered me when I have had binges this year. That's my plan, to learn my triggers so I can manage them better. I just can't figure out what is triggering me this week. Normally, it's just a day or two - and it's around some stressor. But this week...it's been since Saturday and there is nothing really pressing going on. I'm getting frustrated, and just needed to vent - as I am fighting a strong urge to something else to eat. We don't have junk food in the house anymore, so I'm resorting to Fiber 1 bars and brown sugar. Jeez.
Lunula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 03:24 PM   #2  
Cuddly Veg*n

S/C/G: 178 (153.8 Recently)/145.2/125

Height: 5'9"

I'm so sorry. ): I can't offer any advice, but you're not alone. Binge behaviors - all ED behaviors, for that matter - are hard to shake, no matter how well you're doing, so don't beat yourself up about it. And as you said, it wasn't as bad as past binges have been, so even that's something.
xxkaleidoscopic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 05:01 PM   #3  
Never Give Up

S/C/G: 183/162/130

Height: 5'8"

The first time I lost 60 pounds I was "good" with my eating for 2 years, then the bingeing began again and ever since, I have struggled eventhough I have maintaned a healthy weight. I don't think it ever "goes away" but we just have to keep finding the strength to walk away from the moment. I too will binge on whatever is available in the house, junk food or not. I will consume it until I feel like my tummy is going to burst! I have been having a really rough time this past year with my binging after my third pregnancy. I will do good all day until I get home and then bam! Before I know it a whole box of ice cream and cookies is gone. The sad thing is, I feel the urge coming on and sometimes I even tell myself out loud, better find something to do to get you away from what is going to happen, but I don't. I just give in. Then I of course, get mad at myself later and shake my head as I tell myself, you deserve better, you deserve to feel good about yourself and treat your body good. *sigh* I won't ever give up though, I can keep the binging at bay, but sadly the fight will probably go on until the day I die. ok, so point being, just don't give up. You're worth it...always pick yourself back up and remember why you are chosing a better/healthier life. (((HUGS)))
ToriJ is offline   Reply With Quote