3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks in Control (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control-64/)
-   -   Actively fighting the urge to binge!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control/238528-actively-fighting-urge-binge.html)

swtbttrfly23 07-19-2011 02:02 PM

Actively fighting the urge to binge!!

So I interviewed yesterday for a job that I want SO SO SO much. Probably more than any other job I've ever wanted. I thought it went well, but they were looking to get someone on board pretty quickly and they said they would be making a decision by last night or this morning. I have been on-edge for an entire day now, wondering if I got it or not and the more time passes the more I think I didn't get it. So now I'm sitting here and all I can think about is how I want to binge. Not because I'm hungry, but because I am so nervous and uncertain. I'm definitely misplacing some emotion on this food, and I KNOW that eating and eating and eating right now will NOT help me. If anyone has some words of wisdom I would so greatly appreciate it now! I feel like I'm on the ledge and someone needs to talk me down. :(

ShihtzuX2 07-19-2011 03:14 PM

Oooh, the waiting-to-hear game is a b*@!!, isn't it? The worst when you really want something.

When your mind starts wandering toward food, think about how you'd feel afterward (if you did binge). Probably depressed, mad at yourself, like you've failed and will never get it right. Frequently, if I can focus on how I'd feel after a binge, it's enough to keep me from starting down that slippery slope altogether.

Then find something else to do--something a little active that makes you get up and move - so you're NOT sitting on your behind, watching TV and obsessing about food (surefire way to capitulate and binge, for me).

Exercise, walk the dog, walk around the block, straighten out your dresser drawers, write in a journal, work on a craft or hobby, vacuum the house, go to bed and read a book... whatever appeals to you right now and keeps you away from the kitchen (out of the house if necessary) and away from the food until you feel calmer and in control.

If you're obsessing about a certain food in particular, take it out of the fridge or cabinet, and quickly dump it in the trash and smother it with garbage so it's inedible and nasty. Then go find something to keep you occupied until the urge passes.

hang in there! hope you get good news about the job!

m3rma1d 07-19-2011 03:16 PM

I won't binge if you won't!

swtbttrfly23 07-19-2011 03:40 PM

Thanks ladies! I just emailed them and they haven't hired anyone yet, and the lady told me that the boss I interviewed with really loved meeting me. So there is some hope!!

I didn't actually binge, but I did end up moving my lunch up a few hours. I figure that if I felt full but I was still on plan, I could get through it.

Shihtzu- I did that yesterday, worked like a charm! I walked all the way to the beach, although I misjudged how far it was and ended up walking about 6 miles and for about 3 hours. It definitely did the trick yesterday though, and I was hoping that I would know by this morning so I wouldn't be feeling this way again. Today I'm kind of hiding out in my room and just trying to keep busy. I actually think I may just take a nap and try to breathe!!

swtbttrfly23 07-19-2011 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m3rma1d (Post 3945090)
I won't binge if you won't!

DEAL! ;)