Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-13-2011, 05:51 PM   #16  
Don't turn back.

S/C/G: 262/(ticker)/153

Height: 5'6"

hey honey.
We're pretty similar, same starting weight and 170 is my low weight, and like others have said I would KILL to be back there now. I can definitely tell how out of shape I am, my body hurts a lot and I get winded easily, and none of my clothes fit. Ugh. I also have suffered from purging/restricting/fasting, especially in high school, and I still have to fight those tendencies now. And I think you said something about cuts on your stomach- if you mean what I think you mean, I've been in that boat too, pretty seriously. Luckily that's behind me and I hardly even see the scars, but when I do I worry about them. Luckily, my fiance has seen every scar I've got, and he doesn't think any less of me or care at all. Plenty of people out there feel that way. I know how easy it is to get sucked into the disordered eating spiral, thinking that's the most effective way to lose weight and knowing you can do it. It's actually one of the hardest and least effective ways to lose weight, at least if you don't want to be purging every day for the rest of your life. What's important to do is to think about the food you eat as beautiful, make sure it is beautiful, and know that putting beautiful things in helps you be more beautiful inside and out. and you ARE beautiful. Purging isn't, and it's dragging you down. It's not helping you. You're a strong girl to have been in recovery for as long as you have, and a little pothold in the road isn't the end of the world. Just remember that you're damaging your body and setting yourself up to be overweight by using that instead of loving the journey of learning about your body and how it feels to be healthy, not disordered. Skinny is a drug, and eating disorders can feel that way sometimes, but having a pure, clean, HEALTHY body is the best drug out there and you deserve that! Give yourself credit for the progress you've made and realize that the way down is full of beautiful moments, and bending over the toilet to get rid of dinner is NOT part of that. Appreciate where you are and where you're going, and remember it's not a race. You can sprint to the finish line and then start the long uphill march back to 250, or you can stroll, smell the roses, LOVE treating yourself to healthy foods and getting in shape, and before you know it you're going to look around and realize that you look FINE. It doesn't have to be a fight. Good luck honey, pm me if you ever need to talk!
munchievictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 07:28 PM   #17  

S/C/G: Size 22/Size 14/Size 10

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonnadoitthistime View Post
I was bulimic in high school (1970s) before there it was talked about. It's a cycle that feeds on itself, you purge, then the next time it's easier to binge telling yourself you will just get rid of what you eat.
You can die from doing this, and I don't mean "someday". It can throw your electrolytes off so bad you go into cardiac arrest and the next time could kill you.
I tell you this because learning that fact made me stop.
I never really thought of dying from it. Thanks for sharing this with me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchievictim View Post
hey honey.
We're pretty similar, same starting weight and 170 is my low weight, and like others have said I would KILL to be back there now. I can definitely tell how out of shape I am, my body hurts a lot and I get winded easily, and none of my clothes fit. Ugh. I also have suffered from purging/restricting/fasting, especially in high school, and I still have to fight those tendencies now. And I think you said something about cuts on your stomach- if you mean what I think you mean, I've been in that boat too, pretty seriously. Luckily that's behind me and I hardly even see the scars, but when I do I worry about them. Luckily, my fiance has seen every scar I've got, and he doesn't think any less of me or care at all. Plenty of people out there feel that way. I know how easy it is to get sucked into the disordered eating spiral, thinking that's the most effective way to lose weight and knowing you can do it. It's actually one of the hardest and least effective ways to lose weight, at least if you don't want to be purging every day for the rest of your life. What's important to do is to think about the food you eat as beautiful, make sure it is beautiful, and know that putting beautiful things in helps you be more beautiful inside and out. and you ARE beautiful. Purging isn't, and it's dragging you down. It's not helping you. You're a strong girl to have been in recovery for as long as you have, and a little pothold in the road isn't the end of the world. Just remember that you're damaging your body and setting yourself up to be overweight by using that instead of loving the journey of learning about your body and how it feels to be healthy, not disordered. Skinny is a drug, and eating disorders can feel that way sometimes, but having a pure, clean, HEALTHY body is the best drug out there and you deserve that! Give yourself credit for the progress you've made and realize that the way down is full of beautiful moments, and bending over the toilet to get rid of dinner is NOT part of that. Appreciate where you are and where you're going, and remember it's not a race. You can sprint to the finish line and then start the long uphill march back to 250, or you can stroll, smell the roses, LOVE treating yourself to healthy foods and getting in shape, and before you know it you're going to look around and realize that you look FINE. It doesn't have to be a fight. Good luck honey, pm me if you ever need to talk!
I cannot thank you enough for this post. It's awesome to know someone feels the same way I do and is still supportive to get better. I haven't thrown up in 2 or 3 days now, and I have been trying not to feel bad about it. I eat less,but one day at a time, you know? Again, thanks for the support

And I noticed you have a blogspot, I do too. I think I'll be following, if you dont mind
ZebraBri is offline   Reply With Quote