3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks in Control (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control-64/)
-   -   I'm ready to cry. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control/233795-im-ready-cry.html)

FlipFlop Love 05-24-2011 12:45 PM

I have no inspirational words of wisdom but wanted to offer you a great big (((HUG))).

Catmandu 05-25-2011 02:01 PM

I can relate, for sure. This past Sunday we went to dinner and my meal will shock and disgust most...
Pulled pork sandwich on torpedo roll topped w/coleslaw with french fries AND macaroni and cheese. The worst part? When the chef came out and asked us to try his new creation: Jalapeno/blueberry corn muffin served with a side of BACON GREASE for dipping. I am embarassed to say that I actually tried it AFTER I ate my meal - ugh...

triasa 05-28-2011 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bananafana (Post 3859917)
I'm just so pissed with myself. I've been doing so well, and while I let myself have the occasional cheat day at a restaurant or party, I've really been trying to still be smart about my choices. I just... am I going to have to avoid my friends? All of them are overweight, and all except one can be massive binge eaters.

No, of course not. This was merely a situation that you hadn't anticipated or prepared for. You'd never imagined this sort of thing happening. Now you know, and the next time such an occasion arises, you'll have learned coping skills. You'll do fine next time.

Failure is part of learning. And also part of passing on wisdom to others. We don't bat 100%, but we get better and better at it with time and practice.

one small bowl 06-03-2011 02:08 AM

Plan, plan, plan. When we make mistakes, it is usually because we went with the flow of things and did not have a plan to fall back on.

Getting invited to a drinking party....bring some food that you know you can eat. Decide what drinks that you like are the lowest in calories...drink a glass of water in-between each drink. And have fun! Don't stop living life, just plan it better to work for you so that the next day you feel proud of your choices.

Shaunnadona 06-08-2011 01:22 AM

Quote:

I know this is not the politically correct answer, but... the friends gotta go!
I agree! As I tell my 7 year old... when you hang around with rude children people will assume you are too! So in this case... Find a buddy to walk with or exercise with instead and turn your phone off at night! Just a thought!
Shaunna

SuperChick 06-08-2011 11:43 AM

Mandy1974 - i know exactly what you mean, i totally have this problem too, but i heard a really good analogy recently: 'if you tripped down one step, would you throw yourself down the whole flight?' it kind of put it into perspective for me...

pointless2011 06-08-2011 12:27 PM

I can relate to this.. I usually do good during the week, but on the weekends I tend to hang out with friends/bf. They always go out to eat and whenever I don't order anything (simply if I just ate at home and not hungry) or if I order something really small they tell me I'm being weird. I don't wanna cut them out or anything cause then I won't have friends at all..

pixelllate 06-10-2011 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bananafana (Post 3859947)
I'd imagine they are feeling a bit sheepish. Either in the traditional sense of the word, or else that they are his (whoever predicted it) flock and will still follow him.

And thank you. I know it's just one day, but what gets me is that everyone was encouraging me to eat and cheat. Like literally, "What's a diet if you don't cheat on it? You know you want these! *hands plate full of food*

I shoulda put up a fight at least. I'd feel better.

I don't think that you should give up hanging out with friends, but you should tell them what you said in this thread-that right now since you are working on losing weight, its very hard for you when you are offered food, and you end up crying because you overate and that losing weight is a serious goal for you. If they continue to make jokes about cheating like that after you tell them this, THEN I would be very irritated if I were you and then I think that perhaps maybe you should limit your time with them, at least until you begin to really set a strong habit of refusing food (which can take time). I don't mean to offend, its just that my sister was like that, and it can really be a huge obstacle in dieting. Not everyone has to share the same goals, but good friends should support each other's goals!

CeciliaM 06-17-2011 07:12 AM

This happens to me sometimes! A couple of good ideas for next time:

1. Restrict the drinking ( 1 an hour ) or none at all and keep to water
2. Try to only eat the "healthiest" thing there. Jelly? Hi fibre?
3. Be prepared with some diet supressant pills and fat absorbing pills. I take fat blaster, and fat blaster magnet (4 pills). It reduces hunger (so will filling up on water) and absorbs a lot of fat that you may eat.

Don't sacrifice your social life for your diet, but don't make your social life food! :)