Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 05-13-2011, 01:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/241/135

Height: 5'5"

Default What do I Like about My Addiction

In the SMART Recovery tools, they ask, what do you like about your (food) addiction?

The only answer I could come up with is, "it gives me something to do". I live in one of the most exciting cities in the US and the only thing I can think of to do to entertain myself is eat.

How sad is that?!

Well, that WAS me anyway, working on changing with 21 days of abstinence.

What do you like about your food addiction?

Elaine
PElaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:53 PM   #2  

Eating is simply my favorite thing to do. I now realize what big trouble I'm headed for if I don't find other pleasures.
triasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 08:07 PM   #3  

Height: 5'7

It keeps me fat, which in turn keeps me from having to do all the scary things i need to do, but dont because of my weight. Like go out with my husbands coworkers, get a job, go back to my old hometown and face some past issues...As long as i keep saying. "When im thin i will______" then i never have to do anything that scares me because ill never be thin enough to have to do what i said I would.

Last edited by Nonster; 05-18-2011 at 08:08 PM.
Nonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 04:27 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 255/220/140

Height: 5'7

it tastes good! im a foodie! i love all food, from all around the world. so for me, its the taste. i sometimes wonder if other people, who never struggled with their weight, enjoy food and its taste as much as i do!
aggie2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 05:44 AM   #5  
Fighting The Binges

S/C/G: HW274/RW215?/GW137

Height: 5' 4"

I like that I have a foolproof way to "switch off" and numb my pain, worries and anxieties for a while, even if it's only for a short time.
But I'm really trying to stop using food as my drug of choice and feel the feelings instead.
Loving Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 04:36 PM   #6  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

All of the above for me. I love the way it tastes, I love the euphoric feeling I get when I am gorging myself with tasty things and it gives me something to do. And when I am not binging (which happens alone) I like the social aspect that comes along with it. Going out with friends, talking, laughing, drinking, sharing our appetizers, ordering a mouth watering entre and splitting a huge piece of cheesecake.

To be honest, I don't miss the binging as much as I miss going out with my friends. I have really cut back on that since I started my weight loss journey. (PS -- I have NO willpower when it comes to dining out so it's not like I can't see them and eat a salad - I can. But it's difficult. So I keep it to a minimum.)

Last edited by ShanIAm; 05-19-2011 at 04:36 PM.
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote