Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 05-23-2011, 03:06 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 255/220/140

Height: 5'7

beila~ i wonder if bakery style bread is as bad as store bought? does the book recommend which bread is best?

day 13! my lucky number. yesterday was almost a slip up! i was closer to the edge then ever. and i encountered my 1st trigger food PIZZA! DH makes pizza for us, its super thin crust, organic whole wheat flower, home made marinara sauce (to die for!) a little fresh mozarella and a lot of spinach. my goodness! it was so deliscious, i felt that rush and weird feeling in my chest when im about to binge. i had my serving and had to sit on my balcony for a long time to get past the crave. i told DH he shouldnt make pizza for a little while, bc im not strong enough yet! thankfully i stuck it out, bc im down .5 pound this morning.
aggie2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 04:13 AM   #122  

S/C/G: 155/Ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Whole wheat bread is best. But one of my professors said the labels must say "whole" wheat flour in the ingredients, and not just wheat flour, since that has less nutrients. Also if it says "enriched" it usually indicates the ingredients were stripped of their natural nutrients and put back in, which is not as good. The bakery usually adds the fattening ingredients like butter, since fresh bread can be sold faster than store bought bread that sits on the shelves. So just get the store kind, and look for the sugar grams, the less the better. One kind I used to get had 6 grams of sugar per serving, which is a lot! It was a multigrain bread, from trader joes. No wonder it was so good!

On another note, I recently read an article that said subway wheat bread includes an ingredient that makes the bread brown. Compare that to normal whole wheat bread that is just naturally brown. Isn't that awful that subway does this!
Beila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 05:26 AM   #123  
Fighting The Binges

S/C/G: HW274/RW215?/GW137

Height: 5' 4"

Can't believe I made it through Day 14, two weeks with no binge! The last two weeks have been so stressful, I'm really on the edge right now, but I'm determined still not to give into the binge urges.
My weight is still higher than I'd like and I don't know if I'm clutching at straws, but I've been reading this morning about stress and the links to weight gain. I'm wondering if because I've been under so much stress, feeling sick and anxious ALL the time, headaches, crying, not sleeping well etc, it's actually affecting my weight?
I'm just praying that things are going to start to get better this week and I can calm down a little and try to get back to something like my normal routine.
Onto Day 15.
Loving Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:37 AM   #124  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

i haven't had time to post yesterday, i've been writing my papers and making a presentation all day and almost all night. i went to bed at 3.30 am and couldn't sleep cause i was so nervous and then only slept like two hours woke up and went to school. the presentation was great, even though i was sooo nervous, now i came home to take a nap and then must go back again but i can't sleep even though i'm really sleepy but my mind is buzzing because there are so many things left to do. yesterday i didn't binge but i did overate but on healthy stuff and afford myself an espresso chocolate to keep me up since i was up all night. i weighed myself today and was up a few pounds, probably just water. i don't know if i should count yesterday as binging but i did go little overboard with calories. it wasn't like my normal binge. i don't know, i'll leave it at 21 today which makes three weeks in a month.
beila i see that you're really into this with the articles and great advices. are you studying nutrition or similar? i have read that kessler book one time in a book store, it got me right in, i was sitting there like a few hours and reading it. and yes european bread is really different from american, especially italian. they have a bread which is hard as a rock because they leave it a few days so it gets dried, like bruschetta but not the same. i don't know if any of you tried it, but whenever i go to italy i rarely eat bread. we don't put butter at all, and there are campaigns against so much salt in the bread because they were putting a 3x times more salt in it than allowed, and you cana also find bread without sugar or salt and it tastes quite good. for the dark bread they put mix of cofee and barley and they they say it's whole wheat or dark flour.
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 08:32 AM   #125  

I also wanted to say that the article beila shared was really interesting with sound practicla and logical advice. I have been feeling really great lately, incontrol! I don't know if it is translated into any losses, but I do know it has helped me get through over eating events-a wedding, family bbq etc. I do know that I managed to drop a poound, even after my last weekend outings, and that so inspiraed me that I have felt on a positive 'high'ever sinces. I am within 4 pounds of the next 'decade' in weight and I have not seen that number for quite a long time! I really look fowaard to checking in each day to read everyones' posts. Thanks to all.
firebirdgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:17 AM   #126  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

I spent a long time obsessing about processed food and trying to eliminate them from my diet. But it's SO hard, expensive and time consuming to do 100% and for my perfectionist personality it was just too much to handle. So I've come full circle to moderation. I do what I can to eat clean, but if I can't or don't want to then so be it.

Beila - thanks so much for the recognition and words of wisdom. It really means a lot.

Lovingme - I'm so sorry you're personal life is such a struggle right now (hugs).

Today is day 9, but I'll save my thoughts and wrap up of yesterday for this weeks thread.

Last edited by ncuneo; 05-23-2011 at 10:17 AM.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:10 AM   #127  
Working hard

S/C/G: 280/272/250

Height: 5'5"

I made it through the weekend without binging! Kept myself as busy as possible and was very happy. Hoping to keep it rolling this week.
jenfett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 03:42 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 155/Ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Time to hop over to this week's new thread challenge. Let's put the past behind, and start anew! We can do it!
Beila is offline   Reply With Quote