Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 05-17-2011, 02:59 AM   #16  
Chronic Pain Fighter

S/C/G: 165/?/128-132

Height: 5' 10''

Krampus- totally second that...,

I think awareness is key cause what works for someone else may or may not work for somebody else...

Sadly it is through endless trial and error and it is still a constant struggle!!
desiresdestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 03:30 AM   #17  
Fighting The Binges

S/C/G: HW274/RW215?/GW137

Height: 5' 4"

Day 8 navigated successfully, although I'm highly stressed with all that is going on here recently.
I've been eating a little more each day than I maybe would usually, especially mid-week, but so far I'm doing great at agreeing with myself beforehand what I will have as my extras, then even though right now because of the stressed I'm not satisfied afterwards and really want more, and have got the binge urges, I'm just saying NO.
There is still the little voice in my head saying that the next binge is inevitable and it's just being delayed, but I'm really trying hard to ignore it and focus on one day at a time, or to be honest, one hour at a time at the moment.
Day 9 has begun...
Loving Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:23 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:05 AM   #19  
Just keep swimming...

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Day 13........you know what I found helped me a lot yesterday??? Along with the things I DO eat that I keep track of in my journal, I also wrote down the things I WOULD HAVE eaten, had I been binging.

Like, my oh-so-lovely hubby brought home some eviiiiiil Nutella yesterday, and it really took every ounce of self control to not go at it with a spoon when he left and the kids were in bed. So, I went to my journal to log what I had for dinner, and then just wrote down, 'wanted Nutella soooo bad'. And then, I added to Nutella the chips that I wanted to eat, and so on and so forth.
Definitely not as good as actually EATING all of that (LOOOL), but it did help me get through it!! Especially when I re-read it, and thought, wow, I totally would have eaten a zillion calories right there, but I didn't.

Sorry for rambling, just thought maybe this could help someone else too!

Keep it up girls!!!!
mamato2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:42 AM   #20  
Resident Cynic

S/C/G: 210/Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

@Loving Me: You hit the nail right on the head. "The little voice in my head saying that the next binge is inevitable and only being delayed" is pretty much my entire enabler for the binging. It's so vicious, and it has a way of becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Still - Day 6 now, and still going strong. The scale finally went down - on the same day that I finally got a ticker!
Scoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:05 PM   #21  
Chronic Pain Fighter

Mamato2boys---That's an interesting technique...I am a visual person I should keep that in mind next time I feel the urge to binge....Maybe if I see what I would have eaten written on paper that would work as a deterant..
Old 05-17-2011, 12:06 PM   #22  
Chronic Pain Fighter

lol you can never have too many tricks in a bag of coping against bingeing
Old 05-17-2011, 12:46 PM   #23  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoot View Post
@Loving Me: You hit the nail right on the head. "The little voice in my head saying that the next binge is inevitable and only being delayed" is pretty much my entire enabler for the binging. It's so vicious, and it has a way of becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Still - Day 6 now, and still going strong. The scale finally went down - on the same day that I finally got a ticker!
yeah it happens the same to me, i feel like as soon as the exams and the stress is over i will pig out on food and it's only a matter of time. but i keep telling myself, no no you can do it to prevent it, but we'll see. i keep hoping for the best.

i nedeed to check in early today because i just had a dinner like 1,5 hours early and i was on my way to overeating a bit, but i stopped myself. then i went to my room and started planing in my head as my old habbit kicked in....what if i went to store to buy some of those cookies which are one sale--->binge, but i recognized the behaviour and nipped it the bud. instead i'm going to watch season finale of gg and then study on. i can't wait this week to end!!!it's seriously one of the worst so far.
i went to h&m today and they have so many cute stuff for summer and i wished so badly to be back in the last year and thin again so i could buy some of those stuff.

oh, i almost forgot, it's day 17!

i really don't know where i'd be without this forum! thank's to all of you!!!

Last edited by missunshine; 05-17-2011 at 12:48 PM.
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 02:48 PM   #24  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Day 3...just trying to stay in the moment. I'm feeling good today, but it's Tuesday so that's not really ground breaking.

I kind of think I've fingered out a lot about myself in the last few weeks and through the last few binges. I think something I'm really struggling with is feeling. Just feeling the pain and boredom. I so quickly turn to food and don't just let the feeling pass. Also I've notice if I give myself time I will notice that I'm satisfied with a normal size portion of my favorite indulgences. I'm also relizing that eating low cal during the week and high over the weekend has always worked for me and if it works for me that's all that matters.

So my task this week is to feel it, be in the moment feel it and let it pass. If I'm truly hungry and craving something specific the have an appropriate amount and savior it and allow myself to feel satisfied. And eat with intention instead of endless snacking.

It's a work in progress, but progress is happening.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:06 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 155/Ticker/130

Day 18...

Last night and today I have been eating protein bars, not in an uncontrolled binging way, but definitely not the way I wanted to eat them, which is just 1 after my workouts, not like last night.

I need to practice self control going forward.
Beila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:09 PM   #26  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

ncuneo-If it's something you really crave, i think it's worth having in moderation as you said. Good luck

I didn't binge today, but was just eating stuff I've been hungry for or deprived myself of for a long time. Over the course of the day I ate 4393 calories, I know i'll be sorry, I'm not justifying it, but I feel like I had to catch up for all those times I deprived myself of what I really wanted for 3 long years. I'm happier & in a much better mood the last 5 days, because of my new outlook. The weight gain will happen, I feel so guilty for eating the way I did, but it did feel liberating.

I'm starting day 1 tomorrow cause I did go overboard, not because if felt like a binge.
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:13 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 255/220/140

Height: 5'7

day 7, and i joined curves!
aggie2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 07:14 PM   #28  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

I dont know fruitlady, we all define binges differently, but if it was intentional, controlled and it wasn't that out of body experience - personally I take it as another successful day. I have no issues with my "overeating" when I'm making the choices, I'm choosing when to stop, I'm choosing what to eat, it's the out of control eating, the times I say no but don't listen that really count for me. Give yourself credit where it's due IMO. But I'm so glad to hear that you're finding some balance.

Last edited by ncuneo; 05-17-2011 at 07:16 PM.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:02 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 155/Ticker/130

Fruitlady--whatever works for you. I think this posting thing helps you keep accountable, because it makes you aware of what you did. Writing out the bad feelings makes it more concrete that what we do is not right.

I really think everyone here must have their own "limits" based on what they were eating that week and how they started on their binge-free journey. The key is making progress and slowly making their way to eating normal again, no matter what "normal" is to them.

However if you are eating 20 baby carrots and 10 almonds and calling it a binge and restarting, I would disagree and say it's not binging. There are people that have that warped sense of what binging is and using the term loosely. I had a friend that ate this and kept beating herself up for "binging" and I was like, what? That is not binging to me.
Beila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:27 PM   #30  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

ncuneo, fruitlady Low calorie week, high calorie weekend is what I am doing now. Last weekend I had one "cheat meal" that was probably 3500-4000 calories and then I didn't feel like I needed or wanted to overeat at all afterward. Sure I'd lose faster if I didn't do that - and I don't think most of my weekends will involve such huge cheat meals - but it's all about the sanity here.

Morning of Day 12, feel totally fine.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote