Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-10-2011, 08:58 PM   #1  
Pink Leopard Power

S/C/G: 351.2/ticker/185

Height: 6'0

Default worst habit?

What is your worst habit?

Mine is that I won't feel like leaving the house, be REALLY hungry, not feel like dieting anymore and will order a pizza... it is way too freaking easy. Usually WAAAY too much pizza too. Once it gets here and I have a piece I instantly regret it - waste of money, and waste of calories. I have the rest sitting in my freezer awaiting my can-eat-whatever-he-wants fiance for dinner. I've done this 3 times this year, which isn't a lot, but more than it should happen.
JollyGreenSteen19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:10 PM   #2  
Pink Leopard Power

I also always find it amusing how I will go to the grocery store and think "Really, $4 for a bag of apples???" but yet will not think twice about spending $20 on a delivery pizza
Old 04-10-2011, 09:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 156/see ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

I've been really good about watching how many calories I eat. My bad habit is eating 1200 calories worth of junk. I had taco bell today and doritos. Yes, I stayed within my calorie limit, but I certainly didn't eat anything healthy!
nomorenachos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:38 PM   #4  
Pink Leopard Power

Yeah I hear you there! That stuff won't do you much good, in terms of keeping you feeling full and healthy.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:26 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 175/ticker/125

Height: 5'3

i think my worst habit is not listening to people's advice and portioning out from the bag. often times, i take the whole bag with me and tell myself, only a little bit and before i know, half of it is gone....
bellaella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:47 PM   #6  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

My worst habit recently is waiting too long to eat and then eating too fast to recognize fullness. As a result I've broken my fullness meter.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:16 AM   #7  
superfab

S/C/G: I don't care about my weight.

Height: 5'7"

Fast food. All types. Ordering too much by habit once I get to the drive through. Eating on the way to work. Waking up too late to make anything for lunch. Etc.
KoriHallelujah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:29 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 275-280/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

I actually just passed up fresh fruit due to their cost but didn't argue when my roomie wanted a bag of cheetos *fail*
ilidawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:54 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 249/162/154

Height: 5'9"

my worst habit is waking up in the middle of the night to eat, I just cant stop doing it. Its been going on for several years and I feel very upset because I can be "good" all day, but then I screw everything up.
No wonder I cant lose any more weight
Siki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 02:17 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 206.8/168.9/115

Height: 5' 5"

saying that I'll start exercising tomorrow. somehow, that tomorrow never comes...lol
WannabeNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:13 PM   #11  

Height: 4'11"

my worst habit is eating too fast to recognize when I am full. That really impacts everything. If I ate slower, I wouldn't eat as much.
ravensglen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:20 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

My worst habit is consuming sugar when I'm stressed (like buying a slice of cake or eating ice cream). I know it's perpetuating the cycle and the sugar makes me miserable but it's very addicting. Grrr, I'm trying so hard to break it!
racrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:45 PM   #13  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

My worst habit is convincing myself that if I buy XX food item, like a bag of chips, I will eat it in moderation. It never happens. I have no concept of portion control. I need to figure this out before I reach goal.

Waiting too long to eat is another struggle of mine too.
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:39 PM   #14  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanIAm View Post
My worst habit is convincing myself that if I buy XX food item, like a bag of chips, I will eat it in moderation. It never happens. I have no concept of portion control.
Yes! I usually tell myself I'm buying it for the kids

My biggest self defeating habits are: 1) coming home from work hungry and eating everything that's not nailed down while I cook supper 2) eating while I stand at the kitchen counter (no awareness or portion control there) 3) eating while I watch TV (repeat comment about awareness and portion control).
M0vingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 12:12 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 155/133.4/110

Height: 5'2

My worst habit is that I tend to have a "must finish everything" mentality. This mentality works both in the sense that I feel an urge to finish everything on my plate no matter what, even at restaurants where the portions are inappropriate, and in the sense that I feel like I should finish up foods in my house, purely for the sake of "getting rid of it or getting done with it".

When it comes to the urge to be a member of the clean plate club, I've come to realize that it's mainly that I have a strong aversion to waste. I grew up in a household with a fairly limited budget, and we were never, ever allowed to waste or throw out any food. We were taught very firmly to finish everything on our plates regardless of whether we were really hungry or whether or not we liked the food. We frequently were given the cliche lectures about "starving children in africa" and "you're lucky to have hot food when there are children picking through dumpsters". Now that I've lived on my own for quite a few years, I don't have much of a problem with this mentality when I'm eating at home, since I can always (and often do) save stuff in my fridge for the next day or even throw something out if I want (gasp!) since there is no one to see what I put in the garbage. I still struggle with the urge to finish everything when I'm eating out though, but eventually I invested in a high-quality set of tupperware containers. Now I take a tupperware container in my purse to the restaurant and always pack up at least half the portion. I probably don't look like the most classy person stuffing a tupperware of food back into my purse, but I prefer to just pack it up myself than to ask the restaurant to pack it up for me (for some reason, I feel awkward asking the server to do that in restaurants). However, I do still feel absolutely horrified when I hear about people who use techniques like dousing half their food in massive amounts of salt, pepper or hot sauce to make it inedible, so I'll probably never entirely get over the wince I get when I see wasted food.

I also have this idea that whenever I have unhealthy/junk foods in my house, or even foods that not unhealthy in moderate, portioned amounts but are "decadent" (cheese, yummy granola, avocado, yogurts, natural peanut butter/almond butter, falafels) I absolutely have to eat all of it in one or two days so that it can just be gone and I can "start fresh" without the temptation of it being in the house. This is of course totally counterproductive and ridiculous.

Last edited by alicia89; 04-12-2011 at 12:14 AM.
alicia89 is offline   Reply With Quote