Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-26-2011, 05:50 PM   #1  
Soon We'll Be Complete

Default I hate that we have to eat...

I seriously hate this addiction! It's not like Cigs. Want to quit? Don't buy them...simple...you don't need Cigs to LIVE...You don't need atleast 1,200-1,500 cigs a day...

I don't know how to handle this, but I need to figure it out soon or I'll never have the second child I desparately want. I know I physically can't stop eating, but eating leads to binging, and I hate to sound like the addict that I am, but I need to replace my food addiction with another addiction...perferably a healthy one.
Just1More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 05:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 206.8/168.9/115

Height: 5' 5"

Can you distinguish between a craving and real hunger?
I have a problem with binging, and I fasted until I got HUNGRY, just to remind myself of how it physically feels. It builds up gradually, and ANY food will satisfy it. With cravings, they come on suddenly and for a specific food item.

When I get cravings now, I identify that I have one and stop. Distract myself. Do something for 10-15 minutes like cleaning, call somebody, go out for a walk, heck even do some situps or pushups! Its worked wonders...

You may want to check out books on 'mindful eating'. It really helps. Good luck!
WannabeNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 06:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 206.8/168.9/115

Height: 5' 5"

also, figure out the foods that you are addicted to...refined, processed foods are the usual culprits. White flour, sugar, high fructose corn syrup, etc.

The best way to get over any addiction is to avoid triggers and plan for unavoidable situations. Keep the food you binge on out of the house, avoid restaurants that don't serve healthy options.

And continue to reach out for support here. There are so many people here going through exactly what you are, and we are here to help!
WannabeNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 06:01 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 295/tkr/195

Height: 5'9"

I'm certainly no expert... I still struggle with the same issues. However, I have found that things are easier this time around because I COMPLETELY changed the way I eat. I very very very rarely have the foods that used to be staples of my diet... fast food, potato chips, ice cream, etc. etc. etc. In the past, I tried to count calories and lose without really changing what I ate. This time around, I focused on permanent changes for healthy living... lots of veggies, lots of water, no soda, healthy snacks, very little processed food. No food is really off limits to me... but I recognize better what effect eating it will have on me and I make a conscious desicion. I still occasionally eat junk food stuff, but I appreciate it for the rare treat that it should be. I think that completely overhauling WHAT I eat helped a lot with cravings... just my 2 cents! Best of luck and keep up the good work -- the first ten pounds are hard!

Last edited by Jen516; 03-26-2011 at 06:03 PM.
Jen516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 09:07 PM   #5  
Soon We'll Be Complete

Bubble, I. Don't have a trigger besides sugar and SALT, I will binge of fruit if its in the fridge.....I need to control my portions and recognize when I'm satisifed.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:15 PM   #6  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

I need food to live, but not the foods I was eating that got me to 272! I too can overeat things like fruit so that's why I still calorie count.
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 11:40 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

I'm addicted to sugar horribly. I'm still struggling with it. I'm only allowing myself two treats during the week - once during the week, once during the weekend. And it's so hard to go off the sugar the rest of the week - I look forward to my treats. And seeing a dietician who gave me a meal plan to strictly follow really helped. I followed it and my body started to recognize a normal meal and a binge. It still likes sugar, but I'm getting there!
racrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 01:10 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by racrane View Post
I'm addicted to sugar horribly. I'm still struggling with it. I'm only allowing myself two treats during the week - once during the week, once during the weekend. And it's so hard to go off the sugar the rest of the week - I look forward to my treats.
If you are addicted to sugar, try taking a spoon of blackstrap molasses instead. It is loaded with the vitamins and minerals removed from sugar. Maybe you are low on something that was removed when making pure sugar.
Maybe that will stop the addiction.

Search for "molasses remedy" in the internet.
It's worth a try.

Last edited by JOLINA; 03-27-2011 at 01:10 PM.
JOLINA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:15 PM   #9  
Soon We'll Be Complete

I have a meal plan. I packed my breakfast, snacks and lunch for work and I'm set to go...I'm giving it my best shot ladies! I'll keep you posted!