3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks in Control (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control-64/)
-   -   Binge Free Challenge 3.28.11 - 4.3.11 Let's finish March Strong! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control/229008-binge-free-challenge-3-28-11-4-3-11-lets-finish-march-strong.html)

lynnie923 04-01-2011 07:01 AM

Day 3 binge free!!!!

happytobeamomof2 04-01-2011 09:18 AM

thanks ladies... yes, i am an adrenaline junkie for sure:) turns out my class yesterday had only two people in it, but they were new to my class and seemed to really like it. I had a blast!

earning day 6 today. last night my bf brought home-made english trifle. i had some (long story about why he brought it...but it was very sweet of him). the big success for me was when he offered to leave it. i said "yes please i'd like you to leave it but i know i will eat it all as soon as you leave so please give it to your boys instead".

tyla: i am soooo struggling with not gettnig on a scale! it is driving me nuts! i think this is a great challenge for me to go as long as you go without getting on a scale. i remember when i started my journey 1 Jan 2007: I didnt have a scale then... I didnt have one when I started with my personal trainer either. It has just been in the last year that I have become scale obsessed. therefore, i am glad we are doing this together and i will try to get the scale out of my head!

i hope this fri is awesome for all of you ladies...day 1, 100 or more! lets make ourselves very proud! we deserve it!

leblebi 04-01-2011 09:43 AM

good morning -- progress today and a step in the right direction. i was able to look at myself in the mirror and not gag. yey! slowly slowly the acceptance process begins and / or my 5 days of clean living have resulted in slight weight loss. either way, as happymom said, i am not going to weigh myself for as long as i can. this way, my self-worth and happiness won't be dictated by a number but rather by how i feel, if that makes any sense. i have been emotionally dependent on the scale for too long and i think it's time to break the habit. funny how we learn in ways we never thought possible...i seem to see a lesson in everything lately, which i guess is a good thing.

hope you are all having lovely fridays and getting ready for the weekend. it's a chilly 37 here in NYC and was snowing a moment ago. march went out like a lion this time...

Vixsin 04-01-2011 09:48 AM

174!

lynnie923 04-01-2011 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leblebi (Post 3786253)
good morning -- progress today and a step in the right direction. i was able to look at myself in the mirror and not gag. yey! slowly slowly the acceptance process begins and / or my 5 days of clean living have resulted in slight weight loss. either way, as happymom said, i am not going to weigh myself for as long as i can. this way, my self-worth and happiness won't be dictated by a number but rather by how i feel, if that makes any sense. i have been emotionally dependent on the scale for too long and i think it's time to break the habit. funny how we learn in ways we never thought possible...i seem to see a lesson in everything lately, which i guess is a good thing.

hope you are all having lovely fridays and getting ready for the weekend. it's a chilly 37 here in NYC and was snowing a moment ago. march went out like a lion this time...

I think for some people weighing once a week or once a month or whenever is a wise choice. We do harp on numbers to much. Have a good day!!!

krampus 04-01-2011 10:01 AM

Day 4. I felt pretty full most of the day, so I'll probably take it easy tomorrow.

leblebi, I'm SO glad you are starting to feel more comfortable. I am right there with you! I don't mind myself now, and I can tell I have less fat around my hips than I did just a week ago. The "bloated face" feeling is gone and I just feel so liberated now that I am not going nuts stressing about weighing myself.

tamara72 04-01-2011 10:18 AM

day 77.
Viksin ; congratulations on all your acheivements this week. Just reading about them gives me lots of encouragement of knowing that it can be done.:yay:

tyla 04-01-2011 12:21 PM

Day 11 :D

TGIF! I love my Fridays! Something about being in control for a while builds the momentum of staying in control. I love that feeling. I would love to say this is my 30th day. With determination and this awesome thread, I'll get there again.

LYNNIE, you asked about Zumba . If you like to dance, this is a great way to exercise and get plenty of endorphins. Zumba (in my class) is a combination of dances and types of exercises... jazzercise, salsa, cha cha, twist, ballet, all with a latin flavor. It's a lot of fun. I suppose the instructor has a lot to do with it, too. I mean if the instructor is good, friendly and patient, then the class becomes a joy to go to. There's a range of sizes and ages in my class, too. Of course, I take this class at a rec center vs. a gym. Yesterday I met an 81 year old woman, who was doing pretty good for her age. I was shocked when she told me how she was! I aspire to be like her when I'm 81. She doesn't want to end up in a walker like her friends, so she keeps it moving.

LEBLEBI, (sorry I screwed up your name yesterday. I was running late for my class.) Thanks for all of the information regarding Boot Camp. Wow, I am so impressed. Keep up the great work! You'e amazing!

KIM, I feel great right now, and I know if I get on the scale I won't feel so great. Hide your scale if you must, but don't get on it!! I think this is an awesome pact that we're doing. I know it's not easy, but this will keep us sane. Bottom line is that we don't need another stress to throw us off track. It's only a few weeks until Easter, if we decide to get on it then.

MISS SUNSHINE, Congrats to you for only eating a little of your Mom's dessert. I'm proud of you for staying strong. There are going to be lots of tempters out there, even family. We've got to stay strong. I'm wishing you the very best!

Let's keep going, everyone. We can do this together!

Tyla :dust:

surfergirl2 04-01-2011 12:22 PM

Yesterday was day 6. It's going well except that several times i've had a mini-binge for breakfast. my daily calorie limit is 2000 and i'll consume around 1000 at breakfast. i don't consider that a full binge because that's after i've worked out, and the calories for the rest of the day seem to work out ok. but still...i'd like to work on eating a little less at breakfast.

leblebi 04-01-2011 01:11 PM

krampus! i totally get what you mean by bloated face syndrome. even if i gain a measely two pounds my cheeks puff like a blowfish. either people are being polite or i'm the only one that notices it but it annoys me. i, too, feel like my hips / waist are smaller than just 5 days, hence the "feel good" vibes today. hopefully i will zap some more off on my 7-mile hike this sunday. i punched numbers into a calculator yesterday (since i seem borderline obssessed with weight lately) and it came up as almost 1,200 calories burned during a 5-hour hike for my weight, height and age. that's outrageous! regardless, i will be taking some nutritious snacks along the way because i will need the energy for sure. i love a good trail mix, just have to be conscious of portion control :)

tyla -- no worries on my name at all! and thanks for the kind words, i do feel a bit like GI Jane on bootcamp days ;)

missunshine 04-01-2011 01:32 PM

tyla thank you! day 10 for me. i overate a bit but i don't consider it as a binge. but i will have to be very careful this weekend since i'm alone and meeting a friend who is a food junkie :)

lynnie923 04-01-2011 03:12 PM

Tyla I was thinking of taking up belly dancing after I lose about 100 lbs. Ever tried it?

Lynn

fruitlady 04-01-2011 05:34 PM

surfergirl2- i do the same thing at breakfast, sometimes my calories reach 1200. I need to stop doing this, i can hardly eat anything else for the day if I want to stay in my calories range of 1250- 1400. I rarely go over if I'm careful.

Day 3!

tyla 04-01-2011 06:12 PM

lynnie, haven't tried belly dancing yet. But why wait until you lose 100 lbs.? Here's something fun that I tried when I first started out, and was too ashamed to go to a gym... don't laugh... Richard Simmons "Sweatin' to the Oldies." It's actually a good workout. I like Richard.:) Get a DVD at the library. Of course, now I own my own elliptical, treadmill and strength training chords. I also take different exercise classes.

Chipmunk_Cheeks 04-01-2011 08:42 PM

Finishing my 6th week of being binge free and on plan and heading into my 7th week! I was actually up a pound this week (155)--most likely from bloat since I will start my "time" sometime next week. Earlier this week I also had some problems with some sugar free low carb candy. It made me balloon up 3 lbs! I didn't over eat it or anything...but I learned my lesson now and I will cool it on all the "sugar free" and low carb junk from now on. Maybe having some once a week or something.