Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-28-2011, 12:55 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 268/260/194

Height: 5'7.5"

I need to rejoin this thing, stat, and today is off to a good start. I have totally lost interest in even trying over the last month or so, but last night I was talking with someone about how hard it is to quit things (smoking in his case) and I've decided I gotta get back on the horse. I've had some false starts in my slump of not giving a crap and I hope this isn't another.

Day 1.
zizania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:55 PM   #17  
Counting away!

S/C/G: 217/211/122

Height: 5'3

Its Day Eight.

I mastered the weekend! Now to keep myself from binging in 'celebration'.
parkedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 02:58 PM   #18  

Today, I packed my breakfast and lunch and snacks for work...all is well. I have somewhere to be until 7:30pm, so I truly hope I can avoid binging tonight. I should make my tilapia and vegetables for dinner.

I've had such a hard time avoiding binges after work (usually get home at 6). I eat peanut butter, a sandwich, cereal, turkey breast, sugar free pudding all in one hour and snarf it quickly.
Dester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 03:41 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 216/187/140

Height: 5ft 7

day 73
tamara72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 04:43 PM   #20  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

6 days binge free and 5 days cofee free yippi...

wooohooo we can do this ...
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 04:50 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 155/122ish/120

Height: 5'4"

I am ashamed of and disgusted with myself I am actually embarassed to be posting. I had such a nice little positive attitude for so long and just crashed out of sheer frustration...which of course led to a weekend-long binge on anything I set my eyes on. Needless to say, I haven't even gone near a scale because it'll throw me over the edge, I know it. Instead, I am trying something I have never done before which is a weight-loss pill. The frustration of eating well AND exercising a lot and not getting anywhere is driving me bonkers I can't even begin to describe it. So, I took dramatic action...aside from feeling extremely full to the point of feeling sick, I am a bit better psychologically because I am actively trying something. Will be hitting the gym in a few...and tomorrow my thrice-weekly outdoor bootcamp sessions begin -- I absolutely love them so they'll make me feel a bit happier...Sorry for the downer message. I'm usually not this way but I know if anyone will understand, it'll be you guys. Xoxo.
leblebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 05:12 PM   #22  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Day 5- over ate a little, we have peanut butter & light chocolate ice cream here. How can i stay away from my favorite? no binging though!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 05:12 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

leblebi, forget it and move on. Start over now. Everyone of us on this board has done what you have at one time or another. That's why we're here. The fact that you are posting is awesome.

zizania, it takes guts to come back. We can do this.

Good luck to all of us here.

Tyla

Last edited by tyla; 03-28-2011 at 05:16 PM.
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 06:24 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 267/191.4/160

Height: 5'8

Hi Mandy!

So far so good today. Oatmeal for breakfast and a larabar for lunch. It's going to be a while still before I get dinner, but to prevent me from freaking out and eating everything in site when I get home, I think I'm going to get some coffee to hold me over.
romainelettuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 07:08 PM   #25  

day 30! struggled a little with emotions yesterday, but am determined to get through one solid whole month without a binge!!
icedragon6669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:13 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 155/122ish/120

Height: 5'4"

tyla...thank you. like most of us here, i have been on "day 1" many times. the sad part is, i have actually gained weight since december (not just that post-binge +5 but legtimate weight gain) and the psychological impact is traumatic. i really, really hate the way i look and feel intensely uncomfortable. i am trying to look at it as a challenge...take it a day at a time...and wear really baggy clothes in the meantime, of which i don't have much so i am recycling and being creative...tomorrow is a new day. hopefully at least the physical discomfort will have subsided.
leblebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:44 PM   #27  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

leblebi we have a lot in common. I feel HUGE even though I can still wear my clothes and my friends can't see a difference. I can't handle baths or mirrors because all I see is fat, which is accumulating moreso than is normal around my middle because of binging. I am trying so hard not to think of it in terms of weight loss or dieting or restriction because that hasn't worked for the past month and a half, but it's so tough.

Today is Day 1 for me. My tongue hurts from too much sugar and I have canker sores from stress/chewing/sugar. This has to stop!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:44 PM   #28  

Height: 4'11"

Leblebi- I know exactly how you feel. Seriously.

I had been binge free for 48 days or so-- and I CRASHED this past week. I was almost too ashamed to come here and post this. Over the past 5 days, I've eaten cake, cookies, breads, and butter with abandon. It's like this wicked "binge monster" comes out, and I am scarfing things down left and right that I am barely even tasting, much less enjoying. I do not think I am being overly restrictive in my "non-bingeing" streaks; that is, being overly restrictive is not causing me to binge. I believe it is purely an emotional response. I feel disgusting, I feel horrible, I feel like I want to give up. I am sick of telling myself I will never do it again. I am sick of trying over and over again, when it all ends up the same. Sorry I feel really defeatest right now. I just feel like I want to give up. But I really don't, you know? I know I need to keep going, I just feel really badly about myself.
ravensglen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 01:54 AM   #29  
struggling through it all

S/C/G: 139/136.6(Apr)->137.4/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensglen3 View Post
Over the past 5 days, I've eaten cake, cookies, breads, and butter with abandon. It's like this wicked "binge monster" comes out, and I am scarfing things down left and right that I am barely even tasting, much less enjoying. I do not think I am being overly restrictive in my "non-bingeing" streaks; that is, being overly restrictive is not causing me to binge. I believe it is purely an emotional response. I feel disgusting, I feel horrible, I feel like I want to give up. I am sick of telling myself I will never do it again. I am sick of trying over and over again, when it all ends up the same. Sorry I feel really defeatest right now. I just feel like I want to give up. But I really don't, you know? I know I need to keep going, I just feel really badly about myself.
i thought i was the only person taht has ever experienced that feeling.
and whenever that happened, i was always too scared to post about it thinking that i have a major problem and that I was the ONLY one.

don't give up! we're all here for support if you need it!
tubbaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:06 AM   #30  

I over ate last night, I think, as I felt very full and could have stopped, but did not binge. I made my fish and veggies and had a bowl of multi grain cheerios with soy milk. Went ok!
Dester is offline   Reply With Quote