3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks in Control (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control-64/)
-   -   Not Technically Binging But Close Enough (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control/228318-not-technically-binging-but-close-enough.html)

hpnodat 03-18-2011 11:25 AM

Not Technically Binging But Close Enough

I made it to day 10 on the binge free challenge and I got on the scale and noticed I was at 259.5 and thought to myself I needed to celebrate since I haven't been in the 250's in a while. Except my screwed up version of celebrating started off incredibly bad.

First off, I didn't eat a good breakfast and no lunch at all. 2nd, I should have known better, I had a doctors appt that lasted several hours. I didn't pack anything to take with me.

So when I finally got done with the dr's appt somehow my car magically drove to the nearest favorite fast food place and I ordered something to eat. Well we all know magic had nothing to do with it. The truth is I made the decision to eat there before I left the doctor, I think I made the decision before I even got off the scale that morning. This happened on Thursday of last week.

The entire week after that I basically ate pretty much what ever my little heart desired but I didn't binge on it. I ate until satisfied and quit eating. I ate fast food, chinese, mexican, oh the list goes on and on but I didn't "binge" (Textbook version anyway). I'm not sure what kind of behavior that is. :?: Am I just justifying this and saying it's not a binge because I didn't overeat or actually stuff myself into a stupor with this kind of food? I don't really know. Despite all of the unhealthy foods I ate, I stepped on the scale this morning and I weighed 258.5, one lb less than last week.

Today is my first day back on my plan. I hate to say "back on plan" because I'm trying to get out of the mentality that I'm even on any kind of plan or "diet". I want to eat like this for the rest of my life. I feel better when I eat clean foods and I feel bad when I eat fast foods and convenience foods. It just makes sense to me to eat healthier foods.

I know people who don't eat processed foods, fast foods or drink soft drinks and it's not because they are trying to lose weight or "become healthy". These people are already healthy and have been healthy, I think of them as being health conscious and I respect them for their decisions. I would like to become one of these health conscious individuals and make it a priority in my life to stay away from processed things.

I think my my new mentality of being health conscious might start with not doing "my old version of celebrating" when I see a loss on the scale, but giving my self a pat on the back and coming here to post about it might be more appropriate.

sz12wannabe 03-19-2011 11:11 PM

Wow! What a thought process! I am new here and hope I will be able to make the same health conscious lifestyle decisions. Good luck!

fruitlady 03-21-2011 06:00 PM

I've stayed away from processed food for 3 yrs. I don't miss it one bit!

racrane 03-22-2011 07:21 PM

I understand completely how you feel! I make decisions to eat and buy myself a shake - not a binge - but I know it's not good for me. I'm so addicted to sugar and it leads to more. So I've cut out ALL bad sugar and it's done wonders for me. I know you feel guilty now but it's simply a "relapse" and you will keep going forward.