Binge-Free Challenge: 3.14.11 - 3.20.11 - We are in this together!

You're on Page 2 of 6
Go to
  • Today is Day 35 I think - Exercised A LOT yesterday and was ravenous - like my body just could not get full - so I ended up breaking even calories in/calories out wise. Decided to give myself a few more calories this week since I've been working out pretty hard and am pretty close to my goal weight. Aim for 1/2 a pound instead of a pound.

That said, it's <still> hard to tell the difference between psychological and physical hunger. At some point yesterday I got full, then wasn't REALLY hungry for dinner but wasn't REALLY full after. And woke up starving today. I wouldn't call yesterday a binge, but didn't make the healthiest choices in trying to get my body satisfied.

It's all still a struggle and the hardest one is trying not to think about food ALL THE TIME. Calculating and recalculating my calories/burn for the day. I use Fitday and I still calculate and re-calculate different scenarios.
  • Day 52- all cravings I had yesterday are now gone. I went to the market today & bought all healthy food, no chocolate or peanut butter.
  • I've been on a one way roller coaster lately. i just can't stop binging. it's worse every day, now it's gone that far that i binge already in the morning and troughout the day. it's ridicolous. i'm tried to do good today, bribing myself with a new jacket, but unfortunately it didnt work. i binged but not that much. it was within my daily calorie limit. but still. i was frantically wanderig around the town and thinking what could i buy to satisfy the monster in me. so i was walking from a store to a store. if only someone knew what i was actually doing... i'm very embarassed by my behaviour but i just can't break the cycle. only 20 pounds left to gaining all i have lost. i'm thinking of buying some green cofee but still hesitating, after reading some negative reports.
    i see some of you ladies doing pretty great. keep it up. i wish i could do that too. i'm thinking about writing a blog to clear my minds and be accountable with myself. hopefully it'll work...hoping to reach day 1 tomorrow.
  • Day 7
  • Day 7, I ate more than I should have on a diet but I didnt binge and I didnt let it ruin my day. Even if I am up a bit tomorrow my life isnt over and it wont be anything a good hour workout cant fix
  • Day 17

Hitting a big obstacle today! A trigger.... ECK!

having an improntu BBQ with family, I would love to have said NO, but this is the only way my kids see their pop (hes an ***, and wont have anything to do wtih us, and the only way for them to see him is at family gatherings at other family members houses. *SIGH*) but that means facing a full Aussie BBQ, with food galore and add to the mix 3 horrible SIL's that tell me everything I should be, and everything I should do, and how to raise my kids ...
    Now thats a trigger to stuff my face and ignore the lot of them
    but I don't want to break not just my binge challenge, but my diet and weight loss as I finally believe I am suceeding in beating my binge monster, and to binge to avoid goes against everything I am trying to do.

SO I WONT BINGE, or even eat beyond my diet plan! I can do this!
  • day 3
  • Got through day 23 yesterday, hooray! Great job everyone.
  • 158!
  • I am soooo tired today. I just kept tossing and turning all night. It's hard to guage real vs. fake hunger when you are tired. I am drinking coffee at work right now, trying reaaallly hard not to over-eat just because I'm exhausted!
  • day 36 - These past couple of days have been a real struggle for me - It has been SO hard distinguishing between mental and physical hunger. Today I am planning healthy meals/healthy snacks spread throughout the day:

Cereal - 730AM
    Granola Bar - 1030AM
    Sandwich/carrots - 1230PM
    Luna Bar - 230PM
    Almonds/Apple - 430PM
    Grilled Cheese Veggie Burger/Salad - 730PM
    Yogurt/Fruit - 9PM

Goal today is to break even and then jumpstart weight loss again next week. Feeling SO ANXIOUS, like the anxiety is coursing through my body and I just can't shake it. So I want to eat, but that just makes me more anxious. Goal is to give my food plan up to God and ride the anxiety out in between meals.
  • Today is REALLY hard - Finding it difficult to "sit" with my feelings - Want to eat them or just make them go away - but alas eating won't make them go away so I just sit with them.

Find myself wanting to root out the cause but I don't think I can really pinpoint anything. So instead I just SIT with my DARN feelings and try not to react. Stupid anxiety.

Bought some dark chocolate, had about 300 cals of it and then went around and handed it out as the "chocolate fairy" to my office - then put the rest on the communal table. Was delicious but feelings still there. Think I'm going to go for a drive.
  • 53 days since I binged, I think my stomach shrunk. Even if i over eat, i can't eat that much. I don't know how I even fit 5300 calories(including breakfast, lunch & dinner) of food in my stomach in one day when I used to binge. Now, if I do over eat it's more like 2500 calories for the day including my meals & I'm stuffed.
  • Hi everyone ~ I'm on day 73. Weekends are hardest for me, so I love being at work and being in my routine during the week. Hope everyone is doing ok today. Happy hump day.