3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks in Control (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control-64/)
-   -   Tomorrow is a new day (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control/226999-tomorrow-new-day.html)

AriRuns 03-01-2011 10:18 PM

Tomorrow is a new day

I need to just keep repeating that to myself. Just because I failed miserably today doesn't mean that I can't get right back on track tomorrow. I'm bound to stumble along the way, but I can and WILL reach my goal. I have not blown it. This doesn't mean it's okay to give up and eat whatever I want.

Tomorrow is a new day, and today's mistakes will be in the past.

I wish I could bottle up this feeling that I have after a binge and save it for those times that I'm fighting the urge. I never seem to remember the disgust I feel in myself. What's worse is that I don't even get that happy rush of endorphins from the food while I'm eating it. Binging doesn't make me happy, even for a minute. Why can't I remember that when it counts?

just_a_dreamy1 03-01-2011 10:31 PM

You are so right! Tomorrow IS a new day, you are strong, and you can do this!

alliesarang 03-01-2011 10:34 PM

You are singing my song sister soldier!!

Just came off a rather disappointing binge today myself. Here's to not wallowing in self-loathing, but rather to focusing on the good we've accomplished and thinking about what we can do better and different tomorrow!

Stay strong. :)

beerab 03-01-2011 11:27 PM

Tomorrow is definitely a new day but the one thing I can say that might help is to figure out WHY you binged. Did you skip a meal? Were you upset? Did you not eat enough protein? Is your your plan perhaps too strict and you aren't getting enough nutrients and that could be why you might be binging frequently (if you are binging often), etc.

I find learning from my binges as to why I'm doing them helps me to decrease their frequency.

marianne78 03-02-2011 01:24 AM

I agree with Beerab - tomorrow is indeed a new day, but you have to deal with what causes you to binge in the first place so you'll have a tighter control over them in the future. That said, good luck! You can do it!

martinimouse 03-04-2011 10:25 AM

Tomorrow does not exist, only this moment does. Accepting and understanding what brings us to a binge, staying in the reality of it from start to finish is the only way to make the changes we need to make to stop the repeating cycles. Always thinking tomorrow will make us somehow better at it is a false illusion.

You are right about the need to remember how it feels after a binge. Write it down, read it when you are tempted the next time. The urge to binge is not something that can be left to the hope it will just go away tomorrow. It needs to be dealt with in the here and now.

Sorry...reality checks are never fun.

4star 03-04-2011 10:32 AM

You're right. It's a new day and you're 12 lbs lighter anyway so don't let this slip up set you back those 12 lbs you're already lost, just keep on keeping on. Shrug it off and move forward. :tread: