Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-06-2011, 10:31 PM   #1  

Default Post superbowl binge. Starting over.

I just want to post somewhere that I had a binge, starting with over eating this morning and ending with a super bowl party..."party" i.e. watched it with my husband, and binged. On all junk, garbage...

Nothing to do but pick myself up and start over. I've come so far. Ugh. It'll take days for my weight to go down from the massive amount of junk, carbs and salty crap I ate tonight.

Begin again now.
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 12:23 AM   #2  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Big hug. I'll be impatiently watching for the scale to drop this week too after overeating and binging. You're not alone!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 03:27 AM   #3  

Height: 5'1

hey, i'll also be spending the next few days recovering from my superbowl foodfest. went to a party and ate way too much pizza and cheese & crackers. i always feel awful afterward, yet i still go through with it.

but this post will serve as a reminder, and now i'm going to get back on track!
Hazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 07:06 AM   #4  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

Hugs...I managed to stay on plan for Superbowl (we watched the game but didn't have any junk, otherwise I probably would have slipped up), but I've been in your shoes all too often over the last few weeks.

Get back on plan and eat clean, it'll make you feel better. One bad day won't ruin your progress, in the grand scheme of things. And most importantly, forgive yourself. That's usually my problem. I get so mad at myself for making mistakes, and when I'm mad at myself, I don't treat myself well (thus, more bingeing...it's a bad cycle). When I take the time to forgive myself and embrace the fact that I'm worth it, then I take pride in taking care of myself with good healthy foods.
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:38 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 240ish/180/165

Height: 5'9"

The superbowl is like a U.S. holiday---so be kind to yourself! It is a big celebratory day, which often involves food, so don't beat yourself up---like you said, it is a new day I ate too much as well, although I did technically stay within my points range for the week (weight watchers), but it never feels good afterward! Next up, valentine's day---then I think the major holidays are done for awhile
sfree13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 05:45 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/167/140

Height: 5'2"

I have found that whenever I binge on food I can recover best by doing VERY low carbs with absolutely no sugar, white flour, artificial sweeteners, fruit or alcohol for three or four days.

Unfortunately, when I binge on alcohol, I immediately binge on food. The next day I feel so miserable that I eat things like sausage-egg-cheese-English muffins, etc. to get over the feeling. I cannot get it through my head that I am in a ridiculous, useless cycle at that point.
MonicaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:05 AM   #7  

How about stopping the thought process of "starting over" and continuing on instead? Learn to see the consequences of your eating choices instead of thinking that you are wiping the slate clean each time you make a choice you know did not benefit you. In reality, we do continue on, each thing we do in life builds upon everything that came before it. I think it is more valuable for good weight control to understand the behaviours and food choices we make all the time, rather than just during a diet.

Many allow more food on holidays and special occasions. There is no reason why we can't find good alternatives or plan on special foods and incorporate them into our eating plan for these kinds of holidays.

Instead of thinking that since we are eating something not on plan and letting it be the excuse to overeat, plan for the occasion by making it a choice to eat well and enjoy the special feelings that go along with it.
martinimouse is offline   Reply With Quote