Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 01-18-2011, 02:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 193/181/169

Height: 5'4"

Default 4 Weeks + Stressful Business Trip = Danger Zone

I am on a 4 week business trip for a job that I loathe. I am working 6 days a week and 12-18 hr days. I've been working this pace off and on since July and have gained back the weight I lost last year (like to the ounce!).

I have pledged that while I am away I would not drink and would try not to binge. This is the usual way that I deal with stress. I feel horrible and overwhelmed. While I have stuck pretty much to my plan and have started running again, I can feel the stress building up. There are snacks and junk food all over the place on this job, and I just am having a feeling of weakness. Tonight I had 1 glass of wine and it took everything within me to walk away and say no. I just am not sure that I have the tools in my life to keep saying "no" and keep with the progress I have made so far.

Sorry this is really more of a vent.

L
laughingcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 04:03 PM   #2  

Sorry you feel so down. BUT look at it this way, for starters you have a job. Woohooo in this economy even a job you hate is still a job. Secondly, enjoy the travel once its gone you will miss it. I remember those days and let me tell you as much as I hated being away from home now I miss it terribly.
When you see junk food or something just think of it this way for example cookies or something "I've had it before, I know how it tastes and I know what its made from - butter, lots of it, is it worth the guilt?" Most of the times its not. I do that all the time. If I see something I really like I just step back and think about how it tastes and then think about how hard it is for me to lose weight let me tell you 99% of the time I don't bother eating it.

As for working out if you are in a hotel then most of the hotels have a gym, you can use that.

Stress is very hard when you are working and you have to manage that first. Sometimes taking a ten minute break from your computer and doing some breathing exerscises can help.

Good Luck and just stay positive, you know you have lost the weight before you can do it again!
usam is offline   Reply With Quote