Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 01-14-2011, 03:36 PM   #1  

Unhappy Fell of the wagon, generally blah day.

I'm afraid of the weekend!!

I've been doing so well, but today I totally fell off the wagon. The day started out well, but has unfolded to an after noon of casual binging, grazing and probably an extra 1000 calories or so, a TON of carbs, oh yeah, I didn't even exercise today.

I know why. I'm bored!!! Really really bored. Usually there is something I have to do, or somewhere I have to go, or I just have the motivation to get up and out with the kids, and go walk around the mall or something.

But today, from the minute I woke up I'm in this lazy, kind of blah mood. I've barely done any house work, which is not like me. I fee like I've been doing so well, and worked a few more days this week than I usually do (even got up at like 4am to make sure I worked out on days I work) That I fell like I could give myself a day off...

But it turned into a binge! And I'm scared forthe weekend. TWO days home, my huband is working both days (if he's off, we are like best friends and are always doing something so we are n't sitting around binging) and thanks to the horrible weather, cold and snow, I don't want to bring the kids out. I mean I could, but like I said, I'm just down and bored and blah.

If today is my only slip up, I can handle that. My weightloss can handle that. But not 3 days. What if I've got mot motivation to workout tomorrow? What if I'm bored out of my skull again and my will power just isnt strong enough.
? I hate this kind of bummy days.
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 04:57 PM   #2  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I feel for you because I've been there many times. I really think it's important to realize that motivation is not the primary part of modifying your behavior. It has more to do with commitment. So, regardless of whether or not you feel like working out or doing housework or getting out with the kids....the key is to just do it. Luckily, you understand your problem so you can remedy it. Force yourself to keep busy. Put this binge behind you. 1,000 extra calories won't do any major damage. However, a whole weekend where you eat off plan can really make you regret things.

I'll also say that once I do workout, especially if I didn't feel like it, it really lifts my mood and sets my mind on track.

Finally, eliminating sugar, processed foods and artificial beverages can make you crave more food.....it's because your body wants nutrition so it won't stop demanding it until you provide it. So, if you give your body wholesome foods, you will not crave as much. For me, so far, going low carb has helped tons with cravings, but I know everyone's different.

Plan your weekend meals and snacks now...and then follow your plan. You'll look back on the weekend with pride...that you were able to overcome, rather than give in.

Wishing you a good one!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 06:13 PM   #3  
Le geek, c'est chic

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150ish

Height: 5'2" and change

If I had to rely on motivation and/or willpower, I'd be sunk more days than not.

A bigger motive force for me is inertia. I'm in my comfortable little rut--kitchen full of plan-friendly food, no cash with which to buy delivery stuff, exercise bike looming over my right shoulder as I type this--and I would actually have to pry myself out of the rut and into another to go off plan. In a way, it almost nullifies the idea of success; can it be truly called "success" if I'm just too lazy to fail?

Maybe you just need to reinforce and deepen your own positive ruts. Motivation won't happen each day, but habits do; I don't need to feel motivated to brush my teeth when I get up, it's just what I've done pretty much since I grew teeth.

Until you get into that groove, though, you can spend time preparing for it. Shop for new, friendlier foods if you haven't already. Are the kids old enough to give you some suggestions on stuff they'd like to do? If so, plan a day around going somewhere they suggest; kids eat that stuff up. Take some "me time" and give yourself a mani/pedi; you absolutely cannot eat cheetos when your fingernails are wet (yes, I once tried and yes, I got orange crap in my "Hollywood Scarlet"). Cook like a fiend so you have heaps of good stuff to eat for the next week.

Don't sweat a bad day. Bad days just exist to remind us of how enjoyable the good ones are. And your weight loss? Your weight loss can handle anything you throw at it, as long as you stay committed to it for the long haul. Even a craptacular binge day is just a little speed bump when you look at the whole landscape.
Nola Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 08:14 PM   #4  

Thank you both for your responses. I was thinking about what you said about working out luckymommy. When I get my workout in, especially in the morning, I an much more energized, I stay on plan...heck working out kind of wards off binging. It definately lifts my whole mind set.
Without going into the detail of some of my mornings, to really be sure I work out, I 'd have to get up at like 5am...I've done it once or twice, but I guess I keep hoping to work out "later" as I don't feel like getting up that early. But I've seen over and over that I never get around to it later.

I need to start exercising in the morning...even if its 5am. That will help prevent these blah binging type days.
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote