Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 12-27-2010, 12:48 PM   #1  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Default Binge Free Challenge: 12/27/10 - 1/2/11

Welcome to the binge-free challenge!! You can come in here and post your weekly successes and struggles and keep track of your binge-free days. You can also vent about anything and everything you feel like getting out. We are here to share our feelings and to encourage and inspire each other. No negativity! We are strong chicks and I KNOW we all can do this!! And we don't have to do it alone, we have each other to get us through the rough times.

ALL chicks are welcome -- no one is excluded! If you are trying to lose weight, not trying, maintaining, recovering from an eating disorder, in the midst of one, or have ANY kind of problem with food, we would love to have you join us!!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:50 PM   #2  
Super Single Mom

Day 77 and feeling great! I made it thru Christmas!! 1 more holiday to go and I'll be able to prove to myself that I CAN make it through the entire holiday season WITHOUT losing control!!!!!
Old 12-27-2010, 09:19 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/150

Happy Holidays everyone!!

Well... After 2 weeks of eating whatever I wanted, it's time to regain some control... Day 1 again... It feels good to be back on track!!
BethC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 01:51 AM   #4  

Ugh, the holidays got to me. In a MAJOR way. Here's to finishing Day 1!
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:56 AM   #5  
Super Single Mom

Day 78! I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 12-28-2010, 10:01 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

229!

Went home for Christmas, and it was a trainwreck. My dad freaked out and threw a rage fit at my aunt with my cousins there--it was humiliating and stressful. Thought of it the whole time I was home, and had to sit down with him before I left to express my concern at his rage/anxiety--he's got some serious problems. At one point, I was thinking about it, stressing about it, and I thought, "Oh, well, I'll just eat a lot tonight at dinner and I'll feel better."

Once I had that though, I caught myself, and was able to not binge later on. But that was my go-to coping mechanism. It was the first thing in my head. I'm so relieved that I was mentally able to shun it. Luckily, I had the thought during the Christmas Eve church service, so I had no access to food for the next 45 minutes. If I had been faced with food when I had the thought, I'm not sure I'd be able to say I'm at 229 today!

I hope everyone had a good holiday, and is ready for a great healthy new year!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 01:20 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

I'm proud of you, Paris!! Excellent work!

Day 323!

Last edited by tyla; 12-28-2010 at 01:23 PM.
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 01:36 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 120

Height: 5'2"

Wow, you guys are amazing.
I guess I'm on Day.. 3 now! Right now I can't seem to get myself to stop snacking a lot at night, and everytime I try to, I feel so deprived that it sets off this crazy chain of binges so... I'm going to take smaller steps down this avenue. Sticking more to planned snacks, avoiding certain binge triggers. Last night didn't feel like a binge, so I'm not counting it, and I'm going to keep patting myself on the back for small successes like that.
peccavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 01:44 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 179/148/125

Height: 5.4

I have tried over and over to lose weight. I am unhappy with myself but yet I continue to keep the same habits that destroy my self esteem and the weight I have tried so hard to lose. I need motivation and some encouragement. I feel like I have given up.
swtdestiny729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 04:17 PM   #10  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

I finally made it trough day 1. I'm seroiusly concerned about my behaviour. I've been thinking a lot about my bingeing, causes for it and i know all my triggers but i keep on doing it. so I ate everything i had, so today i did overreact on the cookies but i don't count it as a binge.
I really had faith and believed that I will beable to keep this weight but after reading so many stories about yoyo effect I have a feeling that it will hit me too. no matter how much I try in the end I always sabotage myself and my success. I gained about 7 pounds...of pure fat in just one week!!! I just couldn't stop. it's really embarassing and my family is starting to suspect since there is food missing in the kitchen and I'm the only one at home.
Please help, or tell mi what to do...I read a lot of stories, articles but mostly people struggle with BED at least few years but I don't want to develop it to last that much, I just want it to ebd as soon as possible. Do you think it is possible to get better in short period of time witth a lot of motivation and selfdiscipline?
I don't want to wake up one day and realize I gained all back. I keep telling that to myself but the other half of me just doesn't seem to want to listen to me. I'm really on the edge and even affraid to go the store cause I know I won't be able to resist to all those candies.
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 05:33 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Thanks Tyla!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 05:38 PM   #12  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

missunshine- I know how you feel, I'm so afraid I'll just let more & more weight creep up and before you know it be back to the weight you started at. I hate going to the market and seeing all the junk food. I have a habit of buying junk because it's on sale, that seems to my excuse. But is was on sale! I realize this now and don't do it anymore, cause I'm the one who ends up eating it all. For me it's more like a food addiction, once I start I can't stop. So the trick is to not start! Take it one day at a time, think of things you can say to yourself to stop the urge to binge. Lately I've been saying " I will not be a failure" It seems to work Good luck

Day 3- did good, but starting to crave peanut butter. It's not real bad yet, but I have to go to the market tonight. It will take all my strength not to buy it. I just have to remember, if I buy it, I'll eat it and I will not be a failure & gain all my weight back again.
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:55 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 201/Ticker/165

Height: 5'-10"

I made it through Christmas with a reasonable amount of control - no binges and no weight gain. But the three days following Christmas were terrible. It was as if I somehow had to reward myself for "behaving" through the holidays. I stopped counting calories, ate too much junk food, and generally lost control. So tomorrow I'll be starting Day 1.
NoMakeSense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:35 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Default The last two weeks have been rough...

I've gained back 4.5 lbs. But I've still lost 12 pounds net since Halloween, so I can't be too hard on myself.

Time to hop back on the wagon. Today is my second day binge free!
Streudel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 08:54 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/150

I know how you feel... 4 1/2 years ago I lost 65 lbs over about 18 months... Things changed at work, my exercise routine changed and I started to eat to cope with all of the changes/stress. I gained almost all of it back in 6 months.

Now, I've been back on plan for a year and down 52 lbs, but I still struggle with the desire to eat when things get tough. I just keep coming back here, starting Day 1 more times than I'd like to admit, but I went through a lot this year and I have kept it all off! There's something about being accountable, both to myself and to others that helps!

Hang on... The holidays are almost over, the food that is all over the place will be gone soon and we'll go back to our normal weight loss plans that got us
this far....

I hope this helps someone, because it helped me to see it in writing! And I'm working on Day 1 again today...

Last edited by BethC; 12-29-2010 at 08:55 AM.
BethC is offline   Reply With Quote