Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 11-22-2010, 08:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

Default Binge Free Challenge Nov 22 - 28

Welcome to the binge-free challenge!! You can come in here and post your weekly successes and struggles and keep track of your binge-free days. You can also vent about anything and everything you feel like getting out. We are here to share our feelings and to encourage and inspire each other. No negativity! We are strong chicks and I KNOW we all can do this!! And we don't have to do it alone, we have each other to get us through the rough times.

ALL chicks are welcome -- no one is excluded! If you are trying to lose weight, not trying, maintaining, recovering from an eating disorder, in the midst of one, or have ANY kind of problem with food, we would love to have you join us!!

__________________________________________________ ________

happy Monday everyone!!! I am earning day 102 despite over eating on the weekend... i even had chocolate yesterday after lunch but stopped myself short of a real binge! it was over calorie but then later in the day i was still full so i didnt have my afternoon snack - nearly intuitive eating!!!

i had some hard emotions to deal with this weekend as well - my youngest had a double eye infection which scared me a lot and i had to decide if i brought my large dog back into my house (he has been at 'doggie daycare' - aka a loving family in the country - since i split with my ex and they wanted to know if i wanted him back... totally heart wrenching for me to say no...but i have to say no... zeus won't have quality of life if he lived with me again and i have more than enough responsibility as it is!!!)

all that to say - over 100 days now and feeling more and more confident that i can do this for a long long time!

i hope you all had a productive, binge-free weekend!

hugs to all!
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:34 AM   #2  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning!

Day 42 here and it feels great! I am ready for the holiday weekend here. I have a plan in place and I will stick to it!

Kim, Sorry to hear about your weekend drama. It sounds like it was rough. Good for you for making it thru without turning to food! That is really great!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:18 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/181.6/140

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone, I hope you don't mind me joining in on this Binge Free challenge. I just recently came to the realization that I have a problem with binge eating and an addiction to fatty/sugary foods. I am trying to focus my new eating habits on this realization. I have done pretty well so far, despite a binge I had this weekend. (Which I posted here about and felt 100x better thanks to all the lovely people on this forum).
I am going to accept the challenge to stay binge-free through November 28. I have a plan for Thanksgiving and I am going to stick to it. Let's do it!
chubbyhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:26 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

193! Closing in on 200!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:58 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 173/173/125

Height: 5'0

I just found this forum. I definitely have a problem with binge eating. Some random days i just feel like my stomach is a bottomless pit and no matter how much i eat i'm still hungry. My husband even suggested that maybe i have a tapeworm on one day when i wouldn't stop eating.
I felt a little bit like that last night. I had two dinners :-( ....i had dinner at my parents house, came home an hour later and had a second dinner. and then had some apples and caramel and a crunch bar and then i was seriously debating eating some pita chips and hummus..so i just forced myself to go to sleep to stop myself from eating anymore
angeluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:24 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Day 287!

Tyla
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 12:50 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 201/Ticker/165

Height: 5'-10"

Hi to angeluv and chubbyhippie and hope this forum helps you. It definitely has made me more mindful of my tendency to binge.

Working on Day 10. The weekend was totally OP because we were out of town visiting friends but I don't really classify it as a binge because I didn't feel totally out of control and horrible about it. I knew we were going out, I knew that we would be at a good steakhouse, so I chose to eat more than I normally would. I had a single forkful of the chocolate cheesecake from my friend's plate rather than ordering my own. Came back from the weekend with an extra half pound but I'm back on the plan now.
NoMakeSense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 01:57 PM   #8  
A Work in Progress

S/C/G: S-201.5/C-142.5/G-145.0

Height: 5' 6"

Hi all - and welcome to all our new friends!!

Yesterday wasn't good. In fact, the night before that wasn't good either. All in all, not the worst days of my life by any means, but I still feel sick today.

So, back to square 1. Trying to figure out a strategy for how to actually follow-through with my plans. I set it up, plan it out, and then just let the moment take me where I darn well feel like going, which leads to disaster.

Family Thanksgiving is over for me - that was yesterday - and I will be crazy busy right up until we leave on vacation Friday morning. Plus, I won't be alone in the house until sometime next week, which is also good for me.

Here's hoping that a LOT of water can help correct my poor choices. Ugh.

Day 1 - earning it the hard way.
cherylmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 05:27 AM   #9  

Height: 5ft3

Hi all, Glad to be part of this wonderful site. I have recently been diagnosed with binge eating disorder although it has been going on for years and years, would love to join you and make today a binge free day

Last edited by Jalsa; 11-23-2010 at 05:28 AM.
Jalsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 07:03 AM   #10  

S/C/G: GW: 125

Height: 5'6"

whyywhywhywhywhywhywhyWHY!?!?!?!?

Which is to say, Day 1.

I will take it one day at a time. I will make it through today.

Does anyone have a mantra? Something you say, over and over, in your head, something to help you stop and regroup?
thesame7lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 07:36 AM   #11  
Lani Loves Lettuce!

S/C/G: 381/361/351

hey everyone, I have a terrible problem with binge eating. Sometimes making myself sick afterwards, sometimes sinking into a deep funk and sometimes taking it out on those around me. But all thats going to change! I am a strong woman and I wont let food get the better of me any longer!

Binge Free days - 0
Focused Lani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 08:02 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

mantra: To unconditionally accept myself as a beautiful, loveable woman who does all in her power to better her mind and body everyday.

welcome to the newbies!!!! i am so glad you are joining us...the more people who share their struggles, the better we all seem to do... it is like our "net" keeps getting bigger so we feel more confident to succeed!

not a big surprise on my side - it is tuesday and i am struggling... it is a really obvious pattern for me now...every tuesday is hard, really hard! no reason for it either, at least not that i can pinpoint... best guess is that i tend to indulge a bit on the weekend, detox on monday and tues my body wants to go back to the slightly higher calories from the weekend... either way, tues are hard!!!

so... i told the owners of my dog that i don't want him back... nearly broke my heart... feeling guilty but i know he is better off with them or if they want i have offered to find him another home that i trust to take care of him as well as they have!

okay, so stop dwelling on the crappy and think about the happy ... my bf has really "changed" since we decided to be just-friends and he opened up and told me so many things and has been acting like a bf now!!! i really think i could be falling for this guy... seriously, how sweet is this: i have to young boys so i cannot leave the house after bedtime. he comes to my house and we play with the kids, he helps me put them to bed, i do my chores and tehn we talk/tv/snuggle... and now he takes me upstairs to bed and lies with me until i fall asleep and then 'sneaks' out... all i can say is "melt'!

i WILL focus on the good today... i WILL work out at the end of my workday including sprints, abs, back and at least 30min of stretching to get rid of this sore back... i will NOT binge during beavers (a past habit)... i WILL be kind and gentle to myself.... i DESERVE IT!

you deserve it too! lets do this together today! i challenge you all to be binge-free with me today!!!!
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:18 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

194!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:58 AM   #14  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning All!

Day 43 today. I am so excited that Thanksgiving Day will be my 45 days binge free!!! Yet ANOTHER reason to stay binge free on that day!

Kim: One word.....SWOON!!!! I'm glad he's in your life.

Make today great everyone!!!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 11:03 AM   #15  
A Work in Progress

S/C/G: S-201.5/C-142.5/G-145.0

Height: 5' 6"

same7lbs - "I will respect myself." It doesn't always work, but that is mostly when I CHOOSE to not say it, not repeat it, simply ignore it...and then the self-disrespect begins. Sorry you had a rough night.

Paris, Vixsin, & Tyla - - YOU ARE AMAZING! Way to rock the binge-free challenge.

Kim - *swoon* Seriously, this sounds like the best thing ever. Sometimes, we just need to take the pressure off...he sounds like a gem, and I am so very happy for you! Sorry about your dog, though. I parted ways with 2 cats 4 years ago, and I know exactly how you are feeling. It is difficult, but for the best.

Welcome to all the newcomers! This is an amazing group of people, here. You will find unconditional support, and hopefully the strength and encouragement of this group helps you as much as it has helped me. AWESOME group!

Day 2 - earning it. Out to dinner last night before a concert (John Mellencamp...so fun!!). A few late night munchies, but they were simply poor choices, not binge-y in any way. I'm bummed that my weight is up from my low going into vacation, but I still have a few days. I wish to work out at least 3/5 days while we are gone. That will mean success for me as we'll be active every single day.

3 days 'til Disney! My kids are besides themselves with excitement .
cherylmn is offline   Reply With Quote