Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 11-03-2010, 05:39 AM   #16  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 197/ticker/136

Height: 1.65m

I want never to have to resist something, I want it simply not to tempt me. I want to be able to plan for meals and shop for food ahead of time, to eat whatever it is when it arrives and just regularly put food in my body instead of starve-binge-starve. I don't want to think of food as something to DO, only as something to EAT.
RoseRodent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 06:42 AM   #17  
You'll be given love...

S/C/G: 328/283/140.00

Height: 5'5

I want food to be fuel. Have fun cooking it, savor it, save some and then move on.

Not obsess over it, eat it at lightening speed, worry about what to eat next, think about pancakes or pizza hut, say "No candy" and then eat 4 peanut butter cups, feel euphoric while eating them and then feel like crap. I wonder if I am going nuts reading all of these nutrition labels and it's causing me to eat some items for about a week now not conducive to weight loss. (at least not overeating too much, but definitely giving into craving and stress)

Yeah. I want food to be in the end credits, not top billing. I wish we just didnt have to eat ever. 3:
Nebuchadnezzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:11 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 139/see ticker/115

Height: 5ft

I want to enjoy food with out feeling guilty about it and I know that it will be possible if I learn to like healthy foods and loose the cravings for ice creams colas and pizzas. It is a long term(read lifetime) project.
Goforit24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 10:57 AM   #19  
Mama on a Mission

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerab View Post
I want to feel that food is just that, fuel, something to enjoy when I am eating, but that's it. I don't want to depend on it for comfort anymore.

Still working on it- currently resisting the urge to grab the nearest thing and shovel it in my mouth
Totally with you on this one. I wish I could just eat, enjoy the meal and know when to push unhealthy things away. I am better off just not even having the bad stuff in front of me since it's very hard to only take one or two bites of something than not even have it as an option at all
Mitza24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 11:00 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 174→168.0→135

Height: 4'9''

I want to enjoy food and realise that it is fuel and that there are other ways to have fun and feel good besides eating.
yhahmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 11:17 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 143.8/131.2/120

Height: 5'7''

I want to just eat the way I used to (in high school when I was naturally thin and didn't obsess or care about food). I never dieted or obsessed and it was great. I don't want to be nervous to go to dinner or an unexpected meal out because I won't know the exact calorie amounts or be worried I will give in to temptation. I don't want to turn down a party or any social event because I am afraid of food!

I want to eat like a naturally thin person
JessieCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 08:18 AM   #22  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

AMEN to what JessieCat said. I want to have the metabolism of Michael Phelps. He eats 10,000 calories a day. I could do that too, no problem.

But since I am not willing to swim 4 hours every day, I'd like to feel less manic about food. I almost miss the way I ate when I wasn't watching my weight. I just didn't care. I feel envious of people who don't put thought into their food and just eat what they want when they want.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 06:06 PM   #23  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

I echo you all. I want food not to be my main thought when I wake. I don't want it to be all consuming through the day. I don't want it to be my last thoughts as I go to bed. I don't want to be thankful upon waking that its a new set of calories for the day. I just want to be normal. Then there are many times I wonder if I am normal.
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 06:45 PM   #24  

I think I'm about to say something that is probably the total opposite of how I should want to feel, but I'm going to be honest!

I still want to be able to be in love with my food! I enjoy eating and I get great pleasure from it. And, whilst I apriciate this isn't the case for everyone, it wasn't eating butter, ice cream and homemade cakes that made me gain so much weight. What made me gain weight was my constant need to eat, out of boredom and being miserable, that meant that I would eat whatever was there whether I liked it or not, hardly stopping to chew and also my inability to stop eating, even when I was uncomfortably full. Of course I've cut out (okay, cut down!) the cakes and butter to lose this weight but sometimes I'm kind of scared that once I've lost all my excess weight I'll never be able to go back to loving my food in the same way because at times it feels like I'm starting to view food as the enemy.

I hope that made sense, I'm really tired! I just wanted to get that out before I went to bed because it's something that's been on my mind quite a lot recently.
eryn s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 06:13 PM   #25  
Artsy Fartsy Girl

S/C/G: 268/226/185

Height: 5'6"

This is a great question. I would like to feel like it's love. But REAL love. Like, a way to show myself love that's unconditional, and happy, and free of guilt or shame, just pure nurturing. Sometimes, if food feels like real love, it's because I'm not eating it! :-)
dolphinea is offline   Reply With Quote