Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 08-31-2010, 06:38 AM   #16  
Just keep swimming...

S/C/G: 215/ticker/140

Height: 5'8"

Working on Day 23 here!

Missn: Nuts are yet another item I can't have in the house right now, I wish I could. Raw nuts will probably be the first item I add back to the pantry when I feel safe to do it. You're so close to a week, whoo hoo!

Fruitlady: How awesome that you didn't cheat on your diet even once in the weight loss phase, that is so impressive and inspiring!

Happymum: I await hearing that you avoided the toast monster, I'm sure you managed great!

RoadRunnerRita: Welcome to the thread! I hope you have a wonderful Day 1!
My Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 06:54 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

204!

My Michelle, keep up the great work!

Happy, I can't wait to hear the good news that you made it another day!

Fruitlady, wow, I'm so impressed with you losing all of your weight with no interruptions! Awesome!

Vixsin, so happy you're past the 2 week mark!

Paris, where are you? I'm missing you!

Here's to all of us having a healthy day!

Tyla
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 08:05 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

yup, here i am, proud to say toast monster didnt get me!!! earning day 19 and super inspired by all of you!!!

i did end up eating some ryvita crackers right before bed, 3 of them, but that is my therapists trick to not going to bed starving because i found a pattern a few months back - if i go to be feeling deprived, i usually binge the next day...so three ryvita or 1 pc of ww bread, in bed, so i dont get up and get more, seems to do the trick! and i am feeling great about earning day 19!!! cannot remember the last time i went this long!!!!!!!

i am also super excited to see a dietician on Friday. I have so many questions for her!! it is my first visit to her and i am hoping to get some real answers to some 'pressing' questions i have....

what can i say - i am feeling very powerful about my food-situation right now!!! THANK YOU for helping me through last night!

i know its only tues but i think this week is going to ROCK!
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:44 AM   #19  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning all!!!!

It's Day 18 for me today! I am loving it!

The scale was up .6 for me today but that is because TOM showed up. Evidently he decided to bring a couple of his friends, Crampy and Bloat, to my house too. My house is really not big enough for all of us!!!

Mom, you are so awesome!! Way to defeat the monster last night. I knew you could do it!! I can't wait til you go on your shopping spree! WE WANT PICTURES!!

Tyla, you are on !!! Over 200 days!!! That is amazing!!! Yay you!

roadrunner!!! We're glad to have you here!

Yay for you too Missn!!!! Only 1 more day to go to reach that week mark! You can do it!!!!

Fruitlady: Congrats on making past a week! Way to rock out Day 8!

Chickie: Way to beat the Sunday binges!! go you!

Michelle: on your Day 23! Great job!

Wishing you all binge free days and kind scales as always!!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 04:49 PM   #20  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Thanks all- yeh, when I was dieting and losing the weight, I was so determined to do it, that I didn't even want crappy foods. So it wasn't that hard for me, i was in control and will be again!

Day 9 - seems real strange to be saying I'm on day 9. I only remember 1 time, months ago, I made it this long. I think this new way of thinking really gave me my control back and ended the binging cycle and habit, I feel like a normal person for once. I don't even think of binging anymore, I know I can eat something that I'm craving anytime I want, in moderation. It makes me feel like I now have the power, not go to far when I take a bite of something I love, I can stop now when I'm just comfortably full, not stuffed and ready to be sick. The only thing is now it's been a while since I overate or binged, I am losing more weight, I'm down to 104.5 lbs. If I drop to 103lbs. my BMI is considered underweight for my height. This used to trigger binges, I binged to gain weight, that's how this mess started. I'm looking at it differently this time, I am going to up my calories, I'll eat 100 calories more today. Good luck to everyone, you all are very special, just remember that!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 04:50 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 177/*ticker*/130

Height: 5'

Hi... I love this forum, thanks for posting!! I am new around here...

I am a total binger and don't seem to realize that I am binge eating. I walk into the kitchen and suddenly I have eaten everything I touched. I have done good this past week, down 2 pounds but because I have been trying to only eat healthier foods (binging on celery and peanut butter today at lunch).

I am ready for the challenge to not eat more than a serving size and I have a plan to stick to so hopefully tomorrow will be day 1 for me.
tambolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 05:09 PM   #22  
Just keep swimming...

Welcome Tambolina! I know in my binge track record that there were times I couldn't for the life of me remember everything I'd just eaten, it was all a blur. Crazy.

I look forward to hearing about your successful Day 1!
Old 08-31-2010, 05:27 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

My Michelle, I know that feeling all too well!

Welcome, tambolina!

Tyla
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 05:36 PM   #24  

Talking and it begins (again)

Well with the new school year so starts another diet. Or I should say lifestle change. I am beginning it by joining this binge free challenge as it seems to be my major problem. I do well for while and then see something like choclate or salty foods and the binge begins. So here I go...
leaniwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 05:43 PM   #25  
Just keep swimming...

Welcome leaniwish!

Good luck, have a great Day 1!
Old 08-31-2010, 06:46 PM   #26  

oh my gosh i am so happy you ladies are here... i am sooo close to binging right now... i nearly stopped at the "slushy" store with the kids to get a 'treat' for THEM... ya right... i soooo would have bought everything i saw...somehow i managed to resist and just come home... i have some strawberries waiting for me...i am over calories right now as i gave into the bread i put out for the boys (which they didnt eat) and ate it all myself... two pieces...so 200ish calories... so i will skip the ryvita i was going to have with my strawberries (about 100cal) and call it a day...

i am feeling very odd today... sore, tired, very very touchy... not sure what is going on... of course, i just realised it is TUES and tues are my hardest day for some reason...

i have a funny feeling i'll be back later tonight to "chat" with y'all...

thanks for being here for "me" ...
Old 08-31-2010, 08:07 PM   #27  
Just keep swimming...

Hang in there Happymum! Nighttime munchies are the devil!
Old 08-31-2010, 08:24 PM   #28  

strawberries are yummy...and that is it for tonight... must stop now... watch tv in basement...

thanks for the encouragement... i want my shopping spree on sat... cannot believe it is only tues night... long way until sat... must make it ... can make it...WILL make it!
Old 08-31-2010, 09:11 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Tyla-I'm here!!! Thanks for the call out, good to know you'll be on me if I stop posting! You're doing awesome! And I'm so glad you're still posting, it's motivation for me (and I'm sure everyone else!). And it shows that it's important to keep track of the days even when you get to high numbers!

Good job resisting, happytobemom! Strawberries are a great way to keep some cravings at bay...sweet and filling, especially with a glass of water!

Good luck with Day 1, leaniwish and tambolina--remember that the first few days are always really hard, you'll get over that hump though if you stick with it!

Been busy the last two days, just started back to school with a week of in-service before classes start--exhausting, but really great to be back to a regular schedule!

Everyone else, good luck!

I'm closing in on the end of Day 112!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 04:03 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 161/147/139//129

Height: 5.7

Whats with the nuts, yeah you guys are right, Iv'e eaten 3 handfulls tonight and thinking about another.....Trying not to have a nut binge and make it to day 4 .
darra89 is offline   Reply With Quote