Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 08-15-2010, 03:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 267.8/211/150

Height: 5'2"

Default Eek! Going out of town for a few days...

I'm a little nervous. The kids and I are tagging along with my husband on a business trip, as he's going to the town we moved from five months ago. Seemed like a good chance to see our friends without having to spring for a hotel room and with school starting up soon, we won't have a chance to go for awhile.

ANYway, this will be the first time I'll have go for a few days eating in restaurants rather than preparing food at home. I'm a little nervous. Sometimes it's HARD to make good choices just because what seems like it should be healthy isn't (for example, the salad I love at Chili's is almost 1,000 calories).

I'm brining my Calorie King book with me, and I'll have my iPhone, so hopefully that will help with my choices. I've been trying to scope out healthy options at places we're most likely to go ahead of time.

Fortunately the hotel has a workout room with treadmills, so I won't have to take any days off of Couch to 5K.
Bac0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 05:46 PM   #2  
Oh, you stubborn Viking!

S/C/G: 342/SEE TICKER/192

Height: 5 ft 9 in

Do you have the Lose It! app on your iPhine? it has been my biggest help in losing weight. Applebee's has a great under 550 calorie menu, and Red Robin has their Ensenada Chicken Platter that is only 440 calories. Boston's Pizza also has a low cal menu. You have a good idea pre-planning where you are going to have your meals and you can also do some research online. Usually I'll Google "calories in (insert menu item here)" and it will yield results. And if worse comes to worse, most fast food places offer salads with a grilled chicken option and low cal or fat free dressing. Have a great time!
LacieRene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2024, 12:43 PM   #3  

Oh I envy you.
jassieterlington is offline   Reply With Quote