3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks in Control (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control-64/)
-   -   how often do you weigh in? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control/209140-how-often-do-you-weigh.html)

nmgirl 08-05-2010 11:30 AM

how often do you weigh in?

Well i plan on buying me a new scale the one i have i dont think is right because.. i havent been eating such healthy foods lately and eating a little more than i should and it still says i weigh.. the same weight ive been for a few weeks now, even when aunt flow visited me last week. so idk.. what kind of scales do you have?! how many times do you weigh in monthly?

EmeraldFire772 08-05-2010 12:40 PM

I weigh every Sunday for sure. I will occasionally weigh in during the week if I think I have been extra good or extra bad.
My scales are probably as old as I am but they work really well so I am keeping them.

kaylamparker 08-05-2010 12:43 PM

Weekly. Like the girl above me, I will occasionally weigh in during the week, but I only note it in my notebook on Monday mornings. Everyone always tells me to weigh yourself when you wake up for your most accurate reading. I don't know if that is true, but that's what I do.

tinycities 08-05-2010 12:57 PM

Personally, I weigh every day. First thing in the morning, I wake up, have a wee (!), and then get on the scales. As my bathroom floor is uneven in some places, I make sure the scale is on a flat place, and then move it around to a couple of other flat places to make sure I can replicate the reading.

I don't need to weigh every day, but I like to see the fluctuations, both up and down, in my body's weight. If I weighed weekly, and my weigh day just happened to be on a day where I had fluctuated up (e.g., through retaining a lot of water from having not drunk enough the previous day), I'd feel quite disheartened because I'd feel as though I weighed something that may have actually been a distortion of my true progress. I weigh daily so these small changes up and down don't bother me at all. I used to get stressed by the scale not moving or going up, but I've relaxed about it a lot now (e.g., I know I can't put on a pound of fat overnight!), and I now find it interesting and informative to see daily patterns.

I have a plain, inexpensive Salter glass digital scale. It is perfectly decent, and whilst it may not be the most amazing quality and have loads of bells and whistles, it was cheap and works perfectly well (i.e. reads reliably). If it broke, I'd definitely replace it with the same one.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Salter-9048-...027344&sr=8-27

Mandaloef 08-05-2010 01:04 PM

I weigh in every morning after going the bathroom. I like to note the fluctuations. It allows me to gauge if I'm eating to much salt or not getting enough water. However, I go to weight watchers so I weigh in there once a week and this number is the one that I use to gauge my weight loss.

sarahyu 08-05-2010 03:19 PM

Weekly to get an official weight, but also daily to make sure I'm not doing something stupid with my diet. It keeps me honest about what I eat and such. If I get complacent about weighing, it makes it easy for me to stop paying close attention to what I eat. Keeps me on track.

EagleRiverDee 08-05-2010 03:46 PM

I weigh every day. It helps me to keep track of the ups and downs and I can catch a 1 lb weight gain and reverse it much faster than I can if I wait a week and it's 5 lbs.

raznt 08-05-2010 04:12 PM

I try to weigh in every week on the same day (usually a saturday for me). Since I work nights sometimes I may weigh in a day ahead or a day late because I dont like to weigh in on a morning when I've just got off of work. I like to weigh in when I've had a full nights sleep the night before. Another thing I found that helps me whenever I hop on the scale and dont see the changes I was hoping for....I always try to think of inches that may have been lost especially if I've been continuing my exercise routine.

K-boogie 08-05-2010 09:00 PM

Every morning before I consume any food/drink.

tanya123spa 08-05-2010 09:09 PM

I weigh in every day because it keeps me motivated, and it helps me not cheat.

heysoulsister003 08-05-2010 09:27 PM

I also do it every morning... it keeps me honest with myself.. but at the same time I make sure I don't get upset of tiny fluctuations

Liliann 08-06-2010 09:08 PM

I have an old fashion doctors scale with sliding block..I weigh daily, every afternoon...so far lost 14 Lbs!!

nmgirl 08-06-2010 09:59 PM

congrats on the weight loss! i ended up not buying a new scale i just weighed a couple weights and its 2 pounds less than what the thing really is so now i know its not broken lol

skygirl 08-06-2010 10:26 PM

Daily, so I have an idea of what is going on. Helps keep me accountable.