Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-13-2010, 12:20 PM   #16  

Height: 4'11"

Yesterday was the first day in a few months that I really had a binge. It wasn't big... it was on dry cereal. I was really proud of being able to keep cereal, peanut butter, jelly, and bread in my apartment without bingeing. It wasn't a HUGE binge - I stopped before I started feeling really sick. But I did mindlessly eat, way past the point of being actually full.

I just feel like crap. And I never went way overboard in the past few months (by bingeing) but I definitely overate. I know the difference between overeating and bingeing.... I've been overeating for a while now. I just don't feel comfortable in my body, and my clothes are starting to get tighter again. Some of my tight pants, I can't even zip up. So, I just feel frustrated and hopeless.

I just have to pick myself back up, right? So - I started writing down what I'm eating again. That will keep me from mindlessly eating.
ravensglen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 12:24 PM   #17  

Height: 5'8

Foxxy- Thanks for your concern!
I DID make it through yesterday, barely! There were so many times I wanted to over eat. I read somewhere that the first meal that you start your day with sets your cravings for the day. I started with cereal and all I wanted all day yesterday was carbs!
I slept at my parents house again last night (I'm having noise problems at my place) and I kept telling myself NO to cereal all morning. I did not want to have a day like yesterday again. I didn't want to challenge myself again, so I got ready to head back to my area and go to class. On the way I stopped at Starbucks, got a small coffee and a banana. By the time I got there I realized that I hadn't been hungry all morning, but for some reason when I woke up this morning I thought "cereal for breakfast!" Came close to opening the cupboard to get it too, but thankfully I didn't.

Phew ANYWAY it's Day 39! So far I think it's going to be a good non-binge/overeat day.
tater tash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 01:06 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Day 155!

Sorry I haven't been around for a couple of days. Been pretty busy.

SarahSlacker, I saw a few days ago you asked me about tips. I didn't know if you be here, so I sent you a private message. Hope you got it.

Ravensglen, when I want to overeat, I have to ask myself what is really going on? Am I stressed, worried, procrastinating over something I don't want to do? Did someone say something negative? Am I upset, angry, betrayed? It could be any emotion that affects me. When I realize that I don't need the food, and I just need to deal with a solution, then I can go on. Go do something nice for yourself. Take it one day at a time. You'll get back to where you want to be.

Paris, sometimes you have to take any motivator that you can get. I try lots of things to keep me motivated. It all comes down to me and you doing the work. So it is for us afterall, because we're happier physically, mentally and emotionally when we don't binge.

Thank you all for your kind words. We inspire each other.

I'm so glad we're all doing a great job. We can do this together!

Tyla

Last edited by tyla; 07-13-2010 at 01:23 PM.
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 05:40 PM   #19  

Height: 4'11"

Tyla - thank you so much. I feel like I"m at such a vulnerable point, and I really appreciate your advice. Good thoughts.
ravensglen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:42 PM   #20  

Ravensglen, I hope some of those ideas helped. Really, any trigger can get me going... being bored, lonely or watching tv with all those commercials. But I meant it when I said go do something nice for yourself. We seem to be a lot harder on ourselves than others.

Take care, and thank you for your good thoughts.

Last edited by tyla; 07-13-2010 at 09:46 PM.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:42 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 258/245.8/170

Height: 5'9"

Hi I'd love to join this thread to help find another accountability/motivator to stop the unhealthy, binging behavior.

Today is my day 2.
mingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 08:32 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 205/202.4

Height: 5 ft

*yawn* well today is the beginning of day 3, i got off of work late and now i gotta go in early.. so ill be back around 3 pm! see you all then!! everyone have a wonderful binge free day!
nmgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:37 AM   #23  

Starting Day 40! Yesterday was much easier than Monday, but I didn't work out either. Instead I had class, work, and studying to do. My eating wasn't bad at all. I felt in control all day. I'm seeing my boyfriend today and he's obsessed with baked goods.. I believe he says "I eat cookies like its my job" haha. So, I made him chocolate croissants. Since Ive never tried making them before, I had one. I figured it was the only thing with fat in it I'd had all day (except for a couple almonds) and I had the "It's my TOM treat."
It didn't want me to binge though and it was so rich I didn't want anymore!

Good luck today everyone and good luck! I hope it's a great day for all of us!
Old 07-14-2010, 10:08 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 258/245.8/170

Height: 5'9"

Today is the start of day 3
mingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 10:15 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

starting Day 64

Foxxy--yeah, I guess I'll just use what I have to stop from binging! Sounds like you have an intense week of temptations coming up! I think that with sushi, it's the excessive rice that you sometimes have to watch out for. And since it's vegetarian, that means no fish, which means less protien, which means less filling. I never really got the point of vegetarian sushi.

tyla--thanks! You're right, I'm the one who is working on not binging, it's all me, regardless of the outside motivation.
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 10:22 AM   #26  

I'm so impressed with the people on here who haven't binged for so long!!!

(What do you classify as a binge? Eating ridiculous amounts of something or just eating ANYTHING that you shouldn't?)
Cookiebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 10:53 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

Paris -- thanks for the advice on the rice! And you're right, it will be less filling, so I'll have to make sure I have another snack planned for later if needed. We're having it as a snack tonight while we watch "Losing It With Jillian" that I recorded yesterday.

Tater -- you totally deserve your TOM treat! And you should feel very proud of yourself for having a treat and still staying in control....good job!!

Cookie -- I think people define binge's differently. I think a hallmark though, is the feeling of being out of control in regards to food. That feeling can happen whether you eat just one thing or whether you ate a lot of things. For me, a binge is when I just start eating and feel like I can't stop. It doesn't matter what or when I eat. All I can think about is food and how I can get it. It's awful and usually doesn't end until I go to bed feeling sick. But again, that's just MY definition of a binge. Others may have different ones!

I should get a "Job Well Done!" sticker for yesterday! I stuck to my plan and didn't feel deprived! Seven weeks, two days binge free! (That's OVER 50 DAYS!!!)
foxxy511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 12:18 PM   #28  

Day 156!

Good luck to us all today!

Tyla
Old 07-14-2010, 01:45 PM   #29  

Another tough day...
So far I've had a banana and toast before class. Had an unsuccessful jog (jogged for 15, then walked for 15) came home not really hungry but had a small green apple.. decided I was hungry and heated up 4 faux chicken nuggets (120 cal) while they heated up, I had a couple handfuls of wasabi pea trail mix. It doesn't constitute as a binge whatsoever (I didnt eat in a frenzy) and I didn't over eat... but it is a bad start to the day. Especially since I haven't been able to get myself to have a good workout in days. I'm starting to feel down on myself again... blaaaaaaah

Hope everyone is having better luck than I am! I'm hanging on by a thread!!

Last edited by tater tash; 07-14-2010 at 01:47 PM.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:01 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 124/119/110

Height: 5'4"

Went out for my anniversary yesterday (it's actually today, but yesterday fit into our schedules better). Had appetizer, dinner, & a huge dessert.

I probably had 3200 cal the entire day. . . YIKES. Total over eating, but with restaurant food being so high, that is my estimate.
At least I didn't add to the 'day is wrecked' mentality and eat anything when I got home! [which I have done in the past, even when being totally full]
DogMomNP is offline   Reply With Quote