Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 06-30-2010, 12:54 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 278/190/147

Height: 5'7"

Great job everyone! You all certainly are inspiring.

It's ok motivated, it gets hard sometimes. I live with a very skinny guy friend and it gets so hard to say no to those late night pancakes he makes. He's such a good cook and I want to just enjoy the food he cooks so much, but I find myself saying no more and more now.

I've found one thing that helps me not binge is to only eat when I'm hungry. I snack throughout the day on low calorie foods such as celery and drink as much water as possible, so I don't create a massive hunger in my belly [lol] which is when I tend to binge the most. And for me it's always a spiral - you start out thinking, 'Ok, just this one...' and it never is just one. Now I just try to stay away from it all together.
audrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 01:28 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 124/119/110

Height: 5'4"

Today is day 5. I did great yesterday, though I was tempted to eat more after I finished my reduced-fat ice cream cone.
I ended up taking a walk instead!!

I may not be able to track calories perfectly today because I'm going to a get together, but other than that I don't expect any big problems today.
DogMomNP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 01:32 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Day 51!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 02:47 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 205/135

Height: 70"

Wow Paris, that is awsome!!

I am new here, I know you are going to July 4th and thats fine with me. I have 1 week goals as it is. Today is day 4 binge free. I feel good today, but tired. I havn't sleeped in a week, stress related. I'm going to take a nap and a walk after supper when it cools off. You all are doing great and are wonderful!! You inspire me!!
likedmesmaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 06:56 PM   #35  

Day 18 for me! Now that I've got this far and I'm feeling a lot more in control than I ever have before I think it's time I started being stricter with myself, not only am I not going to binge but I'm going to tackle my non-bingy general overeating. It's a bit of a worry because when I'm not letting myself eat giant portions of things I tend to start feeling a bit deprived and thats when I start losing control and end up binging, but if I want to lose weight I'm going to have to tackle both bad habits so here goes...
eryn s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 06:58 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

i am earning day 8 today... i am feeling 'bingy' though... going to have to break routine... going to give boys a bath, then my shower then to the basement instead of the tv room... (tv room is next to kitchen and food!) i must do this tonight... i have to break the cycle...my cereal bars and cereal is calling to me... ah... i have to be strong... maybe i'll try warm tea again tonight...

i need to just keep telling myself i can make it ... i am hungry because i have been binging on and off for a month so my body was getting used to the extra (unneeded) calories ... now it has to get used to slightly less calories... it did it before so it can do it again! mind over matter
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 07:09 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 161/147/139//129

Height: 5.7

I have had 5 days of binging// this is day 6 // Im really off the rails right now// i dont want to binge today// i hope i don't//its 11 am here so still got a while to go // if i can get through today without a binge i knw i will b ok, i feel pretty crappy right now tho cause ive said that the last 4 days. anyways ...here we go.
darra89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 07:11 PM   #38  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Thanks so much for all your motivating words, good luck to us all!

I made it through the day yesterday, it was real hard. So I'm on day 9 now and I lost weight! I was so happy I didn't give in to that urge to binge yesterday. I was so proud of myself cause that doesn't happen very often. Today my hubby wanted to go to a chinese buffet, I know how bad that food is for you, so I didn't even have any when we went. I had salad and lots of fruit. I tried two types of cookies they had for dessert, but I didn't binge at all. Now I'm in the mood to go shopping!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 10:11 PM   #39  

Happytobemommaof2, If I had yummy cereal bars on hand, I would feed them to the horses. They love them and there not wasted.

Your doing great!
Old 07-01-2010, 07:35 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

THANKS! i made it !!!! my friend called and we chatted and by the time we were done it was bedtime and i had made it
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 08:38 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 205/202.4

Height: 5 ft

well yesterday i binged.. ive been so tired these last couple days i guess the chocolate got ahold of me lol well todays my weigh in day so.. im not sure what its going to say im pretty sure i didnt go down any though, well i gotta go take a shower im heading to walmart to take my second part of orientation. good luck everyone!!!
nmgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:15 AM   #42  

nmgirl: Today is a new day, don't let it tear you up. I would think working at wal-mart would be difficult for me, food wise. Just a thought, but if I were you, I would leave all forms of money at home when I went to work so I wouldn't be tempted to buy goodies.

I did that last school year. When I picked my son up from school, I would leave all money at home and take my almost empty purse with me. That way I couldn't stop at the gas station and get ice cream daily.

You can do it, you've come a long ways
Old 07-01-2010, 09:19 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Thanks likedmesmaller! You can get far too, I know it. Day by day. Coming here is a great first step, and has helped me enormously!

Day 52!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:36 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/140

Height: 5'8''

Working on day 13....and I "think" I may have lost a pound. According to my digital scale this is the case but when I busted out the older, dial scale it's saying I'm like 161-162. Whatever, not going to let it bother me! I'm still going strong with doing some form of exercise every single day and I feel GREAT. So THAT is what I'm going to focus on. I'm heading to the Taste of Chicago today with my best friend and I'm not even worried. Just going to try a couple choice selections and thoroughly enjoy them :-) Everythings so expensive there anyway and I wouldn't even have the money to binge if I wanted to lol Everyone have a great day!

~D~
duqserb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:12 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 165/125/125

Height: 5'6

I'm on day 3.
I called my sister today and somehow we started talking about our mother. Our mother suffers from depression, I think she has as long as I can remember. But we never talked about it. Having talked about it feels strange. Feels like I'm relieved, maybe. I can't name it.
Lizaly is offline   Reply With Quote