Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-15-2010, 10:18 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

i started jan 2007 and said NO treats and stuck to it until about easter last year. When i say no treats i mean nothing - no birthday cake, no fries, no nothing!

well, when i did 'cave in' last spring and decided it was okay to allow myself some of these treats, i went crazy and binged nearly every day from easter last year until dec (there was nearly 60 days that i was binge free but the binges after that were legendary)

so all that to say - i dont deprive myself anymore - nothing is off limits... i just ask myself "is this 100 calorie worth another 1km run?" (because that is about my burn rate 100 for 1 ... scary eh!? that is a lot of running for a tbls of peanut butter or handful of crackers!)

EVERYTHING in life should be in moderation!
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:08 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

Warning: sad pity party ahead.

I've been feeling like crap this week. Just feeling fat and bloated in general even though I've been exercising every day, staying within my points, and drinking all my water. Then I had that uncontrolled eating the other night, which even though I stopped it and tracked it and even though it didn't put me over my weekly points, still made me feel like a failure. Today was weigh-in day and I was up two pounds. At first I heard her wrong and thought she said I was down two pounds...then I looked in my little book and saw the truth. Ugh. Maybe it's TOM, kind of feels like it, but I don't really know because (and this may be TMI, haha, sorry) I haven't been having regular TOMs.

I'm just looking for a reason for feeling this crappy! I've been drinking one diet soda a day...is that a part of it? I haven't been sleeping well...maybe that's part of it too. Maybe the soda and the sleeping are related. But, really, two pounds?! How?! And why, when I really have been eating right, not binging, and exercising, do I still feel fat, tired, and just plain icky in general?! Okay, the more I type it out and think about it, the more it sounds like TOM, haha. But I have no "proof" if that makes sense, lol. I just feel so defeated...like, why am I even trying?

/pity party

I hope everyone else has a great day! I suppose it's Day 22 for me and I should feel positive about that. Hope everyone else is having a better day than I am!
foxxy511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 01:08 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 235/170/145

Height: 5'3

I'm having a bad day no binges, just a bad day!

including someone saying something to me about what i was eating for lunch...someone thatalways has something to say. YES imeating some salad annddd a lean cuisine.

I don't like being around pol who make me feel like I'm doing something wrong by eating. It always just makes me binge and start eating in secrecy.

I didn't need his help and advice to lose the first 73 lbs and I think illness okay the rest of my journey without it.

Ugh, rant over and now looking forward to putting another day binge free tonight
chels38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 01:09 PM   #64  

--and I think I'll be okay without it--
Old 04-15-2010, 01:09 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

emily - i totally understand that feeling and my TOM is wicked irregular so i never know if i can blame it on that or not!!! i understand you are disappointed about the 'gain'. Perhaps it is water weight, perhaps it is an alien implanting tiny ball-bearing in your bellybutton at night? maybe you have a huge, heavy tap-worm? (these are all things I used to think!!!)

sorry, just trying to lighten it up a bit

seriously - 2lbs is nothing... my trainer once joked that she weighed herself before and after a poo and lost a pound! (and she is about 120lbs!) so it could be lack of sleep, it could be stressing over weight loss, it could be hundreds of things (like the scale being out of calibration or different than the last one used!)

if you are up again next time, then you could relook at the factors and see what it might be. One very slight increase is nothing to get too panicy about...

(says the lady that has weighed herself 4 or 5 times a day in the past!)

big hugs!!! try to find one positive thing about today and hold onto it!!
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 04:58 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Day 66! Plus I finally, and I do mean finally, broke my plateau. I've been the same weight for weeks!! (Which is enough to make anyone want to say to H**** with it!) But thank God for this group!

Foxxy, you are so right. It is the cola that made you gain. Not only does it have toxins, but a ton of salt. You are retaining. Stay strong! I'm sending you good wishes and will power dust. Plus the lack of sleep makes your body lose serotonin, which causes us to be irritable and cranky. (I've been reading up on this stuff for motivation, because I couldn't understand why I wasn't losing fast enough.)

chels, you're doing great! Some people are just idiots! I hate that, when they think they know it all. It just means that they have no control in their life, so to make themselves feel better, they tell someone else what to do. I wish they would just mind their own business. Stay strong! We're making this happen together!

Blairsey, thank you for putting my post up again. That gave me the extra boost I needed today. We're going to reach our goals this time.

Good luck to all of us. We are so worth it!

Tyla

Last edited by tyla; 04-15-2010 at 05:00 PM.
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 05:14 PM   #67  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Hi everyone, thanks to those who always encourage me to keep going! I think of your comments when I get the urge to binge. It helps so much!

As for me, I am 21 days binge free. I was so angry at my mom this morning that I just wanted to sit down, relax and pig out on natural peanut butter and f.f. chocolate marshmallow frozen yogurt(my favorites) thank goodness I don't buy any of these trigger foods anymore. I would have blew it! My plan was to walk to the market to get a few things along with my favorite foods so I could binge. On the way to the market, I talked myself out of buying any binge foods. I thought to myself, it isn't worth the 3 lbs I will gain if I binge, I am not sabotaging myself because of her stupidity, she is not going to do this to me, I won't let her. This may sound harsh towards my mom, but if you had to live with a person like her you would go insane. I'm gettin there myself! lol At the market I bought fruit and greek yogurt, no trigger foods, I wasn't even tempted. It felt really good!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 07:08 PM   #68  

Thanks for the support girls!

Happytobe...your suggestions as to what the gain could be from made me laugh, thanks! And I know it could be hundreds of things and that it can't possibly be real weight gain. It's just so disappointing! Why am I affected so much by a stupid number! I think if felt good, the number wouldn't bother me as much, but since I feel like crap too, that stupid number only makes it worse.

Tyla -- Thanks for the will power dust and the info! I'm going to try and cut back on the soda this week. It's going to be hard, but you're right...I'm probably better off without it. Tomorrow will be Day 1 of no soda!!

Chels -- I HATE when people comment on what I'm eating! Or when they look at it and wrinkle their nose or make some snide remark. Only advice I can offer is to ignore them! If you don't respond to their comments...they'll eventually stop making them, right?

fruitlady -- AWESOME job at the grocery store! It's always great to realize a binge is not worth it before you actually binge!
Old 04-15-2010, 07:36 PM   #69  

Height: 5'4"

Almost binged again today and probably would have if it wasn't for DH who wasn't really feeling like going out! I made a quick dinner... phew.
shelflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:36 PM   #70  

tyla-- thanks so much! its always nice to come on here knowing someone will be able to relate!!!!!

foxxy-- i wish i could have ignored but day after day of genious advice, well quite frankly it got old. yday he said i wasn't supposed to use salt. i kindly expressed to him that i drink 120 oz of water a day and that i thought i could handle a dash of salt on my veggies. so today i was rather frank with him and said yes i was gonna eat the lean cuisine and salad and if i was still hungry i would eat something else. he didn't talk to me the rest of the day

and another day binge free )
Old 04-15-2010, 09:43 PM   #71  

Height: 4'11"

duqserb - good luck at Olive Garden! I went to O.G. tonight with my friend. I didn't want to choose something "super heathy" because then I would be jealous of ppl who were eating what they REALLY wanted. So I ordered what I really wanted - spaghetti with marinaria & meat sauce. I asked for a lunch portion, which they accommodated. I still took some home with me. limited myself to one and and a half breadsticks. I felt myself starting to get a little bingey... and then stopped. :-)
----
day 15 here. :-) I've overeated many times this week, to keep with the trend... but ahven't binged. So no binge = another day added to the streak.
ravensglen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 09:40 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 156/114/108

Sad to say but I am back at working to Day 1 today.

Congrats to everyone that tacked off another day.
LataJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:11 AM   #73  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Good Morning All,

I now have 11 days of no binging and eating right. I'm doing good with my exercise too! I don't see any major hurdles for the weekend so I'm hoping to tack more binge free days on.

I hope everyone else has a great weekend and stay in control
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:23 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

I'm on day 34--and feeling quite weak. I really wanted to binge yesterday. I was conciously debating it in my head--how sick is that? I kept trying to remind myself about how crappy it makes me feel physically, and it just wasn't working.

I was able to not binge, but I still feel like crap!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 11:16 AM   #75  

Working on Day 23. Feeling a little better today actually...that "feeling fat and bloated" feeling I've had the last couple of days is starting to diminish. Not gone completely, but not as strong as it has been! I hate feeling like that when I've done NOTHING to deserve it!

Chels -- at least he stopped talking to you, haha, I'd call that a win!

Lata -- good for you for picking yourself up and starting over again. It's not about perfection! It's about persistence!

Paris -- I'm sorry you feel like crap And I know I've experienced that "to binge or not to binge" debate hundreds of times, it's not as sick as it sounds. Stay strong! I just keep telling myself "one more day" (or even sometimes, "one more hour")

Have a good day everyone!